Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

El_Elegante posted:

puts trident and fishing net back in the box

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I believe they are alluding to the fact that people from FYAD sometimes bring to light something bad that is going on in some other forum, the most recent example being Bobbie Wickham in E/N. Subforums often develop insular little communities by virtue of the fact that most people rarely venture outside of the subforums they frequent. There was a pretty interesting little bit of :discourse: in the QCS thread about how meaningful this is and whether it is due to genuine concern or simply a desire to stir up drama.

El_Elegante posted:

They said beefs, not fishes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ariong posted:

I believe they are alluding to the fact that people from FYAD sometimes bring to light something bad that is going on in some other forum, the most recent example being Bobbie Wickham in E/N.

LGBT goons were pointing out for years that BW was poo poo and needed to be gotten rid of. Guess which forum's regulars laughed those concerns away?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Who What Now posted:

LGBT goons were pointing out for years that BW was poo poo and needed to be gotten rid of. Guess which forum's regulars laughed those concerns away?

Coupons and Deals?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dumb Lowtax posted:

The only thing to "get" there is mental illness. That's what you're seeing in there and actually why FYAD is inscrutable to everyone normal. Big surprise that the place that invented internet griefing a bajillion years ago attracted actual psychopaths, the sort of crazies who enjoy online astroturfing and manipulative bullying of unsuspecting people as a hobby. They're genuinely funny and charming psychopaths.

ah I see, the problem is that they're the bad, dangerous kind of crazy people. this isn't weird at all.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Who What Now posted:

Yes, that was brought up in the thread as well. It's good reading, if you can stand the constant attempts to misdirect and reframe the argument. I barely could.

Alaois posted:

ah I see, the problem is that they're the bad, dangerous kind of crazy people. this isn't weird at all.

There have been a lot of interesting and valid takes to come out of this whole incident. "Everyone in FYAD is mentally ill and that's why it's bad" is not one of them.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

El_Elegante posted:

looks like this retiarius has retired.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ariong posted:

There have been a lot of interesting and valid takes to come out of this whole incident. "Everyone in FYAD is mentally ill and that's why it's bad" is not one of them.

yeah that's why i'm singling out and responding to that guy.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Alaois posted:

yeah that's why i'm singling out and responding to that guy.

Yes, I am agreeing with you.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm keeping an eye on this thread. Just remember this isn't QCS and absolutely not the place for open hostility. You've got other outlets if you've got beefs; PYF is not an arena.

Good but just know that I’m keeping MY eye on YOU. This is still the probationary period for a mod.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Just playing. You’re doing really bad.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Bad as in good.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

drat, more like oldruthless

e: drat, more like snow cone capowned

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

oldpainless posted:

Bad as in good.

Just what I'd expect from a guy wearing a single glove

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't wait for a mod or admin to spill the beans of what's going on behind the scenes right now in some sort of tell-all.

(The joke is that nothing is happening.)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

I can't wait for a mod or admin to spill the beans of what's going on behind the scenes right now in some sort of tell-all.

I don't know if it's my place to say this, but these are strange times - there is a LOT happening behind the scenes. The mod/admin team has been working as hard as time zones and their real lives permit to make things right.

I understand if you don't believe that, since I'm a mod now, but I'd like to think the years I spent being a member of this community (and other subs) in good faith has earned me some credit.

We want to do the right thing, and we will. This is indeed a great and weird saga, but you'll know things as soon as I do.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

spill the croissants

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

gonna be cool when lowtax bumbles back into the forums one day and takes a hammer to it all

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

I don't know if it's my place to say this, but these are strange times - there is a LOT happening behind the scenes. The mod/admin team has been working as hard as time zones and their real lives permit to make things right.

I understand if you don't believe that, since I'm a mod now, but I'd like to think the years I spent being a member of this community (and other subs) in good faith has earned me some credit.

We want to do the right thing, and we will. This is indeed a great and weird saga, but you'll know things as soon as I do.

Make oldpainless a mod, coward.

Also thank you for serving our forums I'd be sad if this place was gone

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Make oldpainless a mod, coward.

Also thank you for serving our forums I'd be sad if this place was gone

Thank you for believing I have any powers outside of PYF. I love oldpainless and I cannot imagine anything worse for PYF than having him hamstrung by the expectation that he be the sort of square I am naturally.

But seriously, thank you - I cherish this community and all I want is to preserve what makes it special while keeping it welcoming.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Crocoswine posted:

gonna be cool when lowtax bumbles back into the forums one day and takes a hammer to it all

hell yeah it will

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

But seriously, thank you - I cherish this community and all I want is to preserve what makes it special while keeping it welcoming.

This is what I hear in ever sub-forum, from every mod. I'm not trying to blow smoke up your rear end. I feel things are getting better. For all of us.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why would one blow smoke.up someone's rear end anyway?

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Pick posted:

Actually no, it sucks that the forums are self-cannibalizing.

I've thought about that a few times before and I think that if we were able to overcome the "lol only dumb idiot losers care about the forums" thing that used to be common then maybe we can avoid eating ourselves to death.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jerry Cotton posted:

Spoken like someone that has never received any good rear end play

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Jerry Cotton posted:

I heard it gets you high faster

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Fumigation. In the olden days people would use spiders, but then they had to use but then they had to use birds to get rid of spiders, and God knows what else to get rid of birds afterwards. This poo poo has killed many people, especially elderly women, so it's hard to underestimate modern advances in the medical field.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

madeintaipei posted:

This is what I hear in ever sub-forum, from every mod. I'm not trying to blow smoke up your rear end. I feel things are getting better. For all of us.

I mean, I hope you hear that from them. We're trying a lot.

E: ^^^ I am a 500-year-old moomintroll so I appreciate the use of non-chemical smokes and pesticides.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Who What Now posted:

It wasn't FYAD, like you're insinuating. The mods were the ones minimizing the issue in the original 2018 thread which I posted in and backed the goons questioning BW's decisions.

Like I know you have a hard on for hating the pink forum but you should really stop spreading poo poo like this just to make yourself feel better or whatever you're doing.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So to be clear the main requirements to be a mod

- Active poster in the forum
- Established reputation with the specific community they'll oversee
- Free time to do all this for no pay
- Inability to ever shut the gently caress up if they get personally attacked and ever properly apologize
- Respond to any complain about FYAD with "you just don't get FYAD"

Shocked, shocked I tell you that people poo poo talk mods in general.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

pentyne posted:

You ate poo poo because I resent the implication that I'm defending anyone - I posted above about my rationale and I've never posted in or about FYAD.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Jerry Cotton posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacco_smoke_enema

old western medicine was loving wild.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It wasn't FYAD, like you're insinuating. The mods were the ones minimizing the issue in the original 2018 thread which I posted in and backed the goons questioning BW's decisions.

Like I know you have a hard on for hating the pink forum but you should really stop spreading poo poo like this just to make yourself feel better or whatever you're doing.

Nah, I think I'm gonna keep pointing about the saga of FYAD actively making GBS threads up every thread in QCS for years.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
is this the saga where fyad drama finally explodes into the rest of the forums?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

No.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pentyne posted:

So to be clear the main requirements to be a mod

- Active poster in the forum
- Established reputation with the specific community they'll oversee
- Free time to do all this for no pay
- Inability to ever shut the gently caress up if they get personally attacked and ever properly apologize
- Respond to any complain about FYAD with "you just don't get FYAD"

Shocked, shocked I tell you that people poo poo talk mods in general.

I feel like if you ever say "It's ephebophilia not pedophilia" it should be a permaphilia

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Nah, I think I'm gonna keep pointing about the saga of FYAD actively making GBS threads up every thread in QCS for years.

Hold this L for me real quick.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897141&pagenumber=11&perpage=40#post497844174

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842693&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=104

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Snow Cone Capone posted:

drat, more like oldruthless

e: drat, more like snow cone capowned

Lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

sebmololled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Kay Kessler posted:

Really good meltdown happening in QCS. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905950&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Summary: A poster asks about another poster being banned from BSS. Said poster comes in to defend himself and everything goes downhill. Not only does it have the usual attempts to roll with the punches, replying to literally every poster in the thread, and complaints of "I'm an old goon and I don't understand the kids today and their cancel culture and their more than two genders", but the goon fancies himself a writer so all of his posts are just drenched with heaping helpings of :smuggo: and using a hundred words to say what can be said in ten.
the best part is when he dude who posted the "can't we all forgive my man the chud?" starts backpedaling and telling death ray "you're digging yourself deeper, dumb dumb"

also just chiming in cumshitter is a treasure :allears: