Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What word best describes your year?
This poll is closed.
Twee 4 1.28%
Goose 34 10.90%
Strand 22 7.05%
Bowsette 115 36.86%
poo poo 46 14.74%
Kirby 31 9.94%
Sonic 14 4.49%
I told you I don't like these polls 46 14.74%
Total: 312 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

With my PC out of commission for now, I need a juicy Switch game that doesn’t mind that my left analog stick is still borked. Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i’ve been getting into freecell is that on switch

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

With my PC out of commission for now, I need a juicy Switch game that doesn’t mind that my left analog stick is still borked. Any suggestions?

How borked at we talking

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

atelier or dqx, who cares about camera control

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I started playing kingdoms of amalur. Its pretty fun. Kinda like if fable 2 had less budget and didnt feel like crap to play.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

How borked at we talking

Very sticky. Flicking the stick up for a second is read as a slow, passionate tilt

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Celeste?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Very sticky. Flicking the stick up for a second is read as a slow, passionate tilt

I would recommend some contact cleaner.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

i’ve been getting into freecell is that on switch

yeah but it ain't free

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

:o:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i just finished dq11 finally and while i liked it, i don't think it'll be in the top ten

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Looper posted:

yeah but it ain't free

what’s worse is on windows it’s literally a subscription fee to play it without ads which is pretty loving disgusting

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

i just finished dq11 finally and while i liked it, i don't think it'll be in the top ten

Finished or finished?

I only finished

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jesus Christ, I was reminded that that weird bullshit Fortnite concert with Marshmello was this year too

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

wuggles posted:

So King of Cards finally comes out tomorrow, huh?

yeah it's pretty cool that Shovel Knight is finally leaving early access

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

I started playing kingdoms of amalur. Its pretty fun. Kinda like if fable 2 had less budget and didnt feel like crap to play.

Was that the one that bankrupted Rhode island?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't think RI got bankrupted but the state government had to salvage their investment by taking ownership of the game. State property now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lawman 0 posted:

Was that the one that bankrupted Rhode island?

No that was the mmo that mlb pitcher kurt shilling made the amalur team make for him after buying out and publishing their work in progress and changing it to be in his fantasy universe

This is that original game thats honestly a fun arpg with very nice qol features for gear and editing your build. You can see the team was a great buy for the publisher but they (the publisher) mishandled the follow up badly and the team folded

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Dec 10, 2019

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

No that was the mmo that mlb pitcher kurt shilling made the amalur team make for him after buying out and publishing their work in progress and changing it to be in his fantasy universe

This is that original game thats honestly a fun arpg with very nice qol features for gear and editing your build. You can see the team was a great buy for the publisher but they (the publisher) mishandled the follow up badly and the team folded

Thanks for clearing that one up bud :)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

homeless snail posted:

worst game of the year: quake 2 RTX. because quake 2 was already rear end and making it look pretty doesn't change that

quake 2 is the worst quake but this is still bad and wrong :cheeky:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
there is absolutely no risk of the game I'm currently playing making my top ten after all, I did a quick rank of the games already on my list and Atelier Lulua somehow fell to number 11, and this is me we're talking about

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Quake 2 rules because John Romero saw it, lost his poo poo, and then tried to quickly port all of Daikatana on to the Quake 2 engine in a month.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Finished or finished?

I only finished

finished act 3. i don't usually have the patience for postgame jrpg superbosses, and especially not when being max level is an expectation rather than an option

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Roth posted:

Quake 2 rules because John Romero saw it, lost his poo poo, and then tried to quickly port all of Daikatana on to the Quake 2 engine in a month.
the dark colored lighting era of video games

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

!!!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1204230503651364864

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

crossover event of the century

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

alright so when do i get to hit balls out of the park as Ori in MLB's The Show on m Nintendo Switch?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Finished or finished?

I only finished

You should Finish it, it puts a neat little bow on everything.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The best part of that news is you know someone is on a discord somewhere right now saying something like "first death stranding on pc now this? I don't know how much more heartache I can take"

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/THEAP99/status/1204227641030656000

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
God drat those baseball rednecks and their frugality

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

European plot to debase baseball

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Playstation is fcked

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Is there a thread or an article with details about the new humble subscription thing? I kinda got the gist of it and Tomb Raider and Blasphemous (plus some other chaff I guess) for $12 seems like a good deal, but I wanna know more in case it's one of those "too good to be true" type deals.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
"under coup from European operatives" pretty sure I played that mission in Rainbow 6

Spring Break My Heart fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 10, 2019

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Hurray! Maybe I'll get to play The Show again! And on my PC!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
what does europe gain by destroying playstation

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sony San Diego just shot themselves in the foot. I don't know how much the rest of you know about redneck culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by being an rear end in a top hat. If you screw someone over in rural America, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance. What this means is the American rednecks, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase MLB games for either system, nor will they purchase any of Sony San Diego's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony San Diego has alienated an entire market with this move. Sony San Diego, publicly apologize and cancel MLB for Xbox One or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

japan's favorite videogame character, hideki matsui will finally be coming to smash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's weird being reminded that console warriors still exist.