Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Oh so extreme stylishness is gay now

Dude, they even make a tv show about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Huh I knew Matt Berry's character was bi at least but I didn't realize all the vampires were gay coded.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Rocksicles posted:

Look the Jojo and the Pillar Men take some bold fashion risks but ultimately he's textually shown to be interested in women.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Owlbear Camus posted:

My scale of flamboyance has rock hudson as the baseline, freddy mercury in the middle of the indicator, and libarace as the deep red where the needle shakes and the detector starts emitting a hum.

Does the detector explode like the Grinch heart measuring device when pointed at Johnny Weir?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sash! posted:

Does the detector explode like the Grinch heart measuring device when pointed at Johnny Weir?

Johnny Weir trolling the entire sports journalism world by refusing to officially confirm his sexuality and make them use increasingly transparent metaphors is my favorite thing.

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Hakkesshu posted:

Potential spoilers for the end of the season; that new Galaxy's Edge attraction has a few Mandalorian references in it, including, as someone pointed out, something that might end up being his insignia on the left there.

What, the black and yellow banner, or the bird-shaped thing?
I'd have assumed his sigil would have been a Yoda-head

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Owlbear Camus posted:

LOL didn't that one feature a flamboyantly gay relative of Jabba?

Ziro the Hutt was in a romantic relationship with a famous female musician.

I never read him as gay, just tacky, gaudy and very much enamored with his own fabulosity.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Ziro was doing his darndest Truman Capote impression--take from that what you will.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So from that we can take that his sigil is going to be some kind of rabbit with flags sticking out of its head below the ears.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

evilmiera posted:

So from that we can take that his sigil is going to be some kind of rabbit with flags sticking out of its head below the ears.

Jaxxon appearance confirmed for Mandalorian.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Joke Miriam posted:

What, the black and yellow banner, or the bird-shaped thing?
I'd have assumed his sigil would have been a Yoda-head

The black & yellow sigil is a Yoda look again

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hakkesshu posted:

Potential spoilers for the end of the season; that new Galaxy's Edge attraction has a few Mandalorian references in it, including, as someone pointed out, something that might end up being his insignia on the left there.

Holy poo poo, I got to go back in August before it opened as a Passholder Preview and I just checked a video I took of that shop and it’s actually loving there

Disney’s been showing it to us in plain sight this whole time

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Bust Rodd posted:

The black & yellow sigil is a Yoda look again

I'm not seeing this at all.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm seeing more of a Dobby there. Maybe he kills a house elf?

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
It's clearly the Beast Wars Bumblebee.

He kills Bumblebee in the season finale calling it now.

edit:
Upon closer inspection, this isn't a thing that exists.

just another fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 9, 2019

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Everyone posted:

Careful. You'll get the robot puppy people after you. You think The Guild is bad? Just wait 'til you get into it with hardcore dog lovers.

I thought we banned Morally Inept

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

If you could draw a red line around what we're supposed to be seeing that would be rad thanks

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Is this what you're all talking about?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Captain Splendid posted:

Is this what you're all talking about?

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

If he earns that sigil by killing Baby Yoda, the internet is going to lose its mind.

e: and wouldn't *that* subvert expectations? It's Disney, tho, so it won't actually happen.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
What if baby Yoda isn't actually a baby at all and It's just a 50 year old being that can't speak Galactic Basic?

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Azathoth Prime posted:

If he earns that sigil by killing Baby Yoda, the internet is going to lose its mind.

e: and wouldn't *that* subvert expectations? It's Disney, tho, so it won't actually happen.

He smothers baby yoda with a pillow to save it from being captured.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

RudeCat posted:

He smothers baby yoda with a pillow to save it from being captured.

It's the series finale. He takes off his helmet and it's a CGI weeping Allen Alda.

cocoavalley
Dec 28, 2010

Well son, a funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done
So from some very cursory googling, it looks like the sigil of the True Mandalorians. It's definitely slightly different than the one on wookiepedia though, maybe to play up the similarities if it's really what people are speculating? I'm by no means an expert on lore outside of the movies, I'm just really interested in what happens to the cute little kid.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

What if baby Yoda isn't actually a baby at all and It's just a 50 year old being that can't speak Galactic Basic?

That is literally what he is.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Owlbear Camus posted:

My scale of flamboyance has rock hudson as the baseline, freddy mercury in the middle of the indicator, and libarace as the deep red where the needle shakes and the detector starts emitting a hum.

Just keep it turned off around Elton John or the loving thing will blow your hands off.

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

Owlbear Camus posted:

It's the series finale. He takes off his helmet and it's a CGI weeping Allen Alda.

Here's your final shot of season 1.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I want him to rescue Boba Fett from the sarlaac's rear end in a top hat

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

cocoavalley posted:

So from some very cursory googling, it looks like the sigil of the True Mandalorians. It's definitely slightly different than the one on wookiepedia though, maybe to play up the similarities if it's really what people are speculating? I'm by no means an expert on lore outside of the movies, I'm just really interested in what happens to the cute little kid.

Aww, yeah, good and correct finding. The reason it looks different is because the things that I guess are supposed to be flags are cut out in the photo that was posted.The banner is slightly folded in the edges so you don't get too see the whole thing. I also love how negative space tricks our minds and we start seeing things like baby yodas

So play a sad trombone for everyone.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Mandalorian blacksmith/religious leader made it seem like your Sigil was simply an animal or something that brings you great honor, so if the entire clan sees “hey this Mandalorian would rather fight the entire Empire than allow this child harm” that seems pretty badass.

Mando’s Sigil

Mandalorian Sigil

Those are definitely not the same symbol, it’s not “negative space playing tricks on my mind”

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Dec 10, 2019

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

My eyes are tired from working on designs the whole day, I didn't want to open photoshop.

The rl one is slightly squished. Probably some designing bullshit, like "we have to put this poo poo in this space and my boss doesn't give a poo poo if I hosed it up lol", or new official vector by Disney. I dunno, whatever, it is the same.

:Mandalorian-sigh.gif:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Donovan Trip posted:

It's funny the audience views Jedi as heroic and infallible but then again a lot of people genuinely think baby Yoda is actual Yoda as a baby despite the multiple obvious reasons it isn't

Not bothering to research and not being able to intuit what decade/century each Star Wars takes place in is not a thing I fault the casual viewer for.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

This, but actually does know Basic and is pretending so Mando protects him (with help from the force) is the theory I revisit every few pages.

piL fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 10, 2019

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!
I gotta imagine baby Yoda has been using copious Jedi mind tricks to keep himself alive. The mechanic lady was awful friendly to him.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Panfilo posted:

I gotta imagine baby Yoda has been using copious Jedi mind tricks to keep himself alive. The mechanic lady was awful friendly to him.

He's tired all the time from getting Mando to care about him

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Bust Rodd posted:

Those are definitely not the same symbol, it’s not “negative space playing tricks on my mind”

I'm like 99% certain it's an Opossum. It's awarded to Baby Not-Yoda for defeating one in a fight over a space frog happy meal.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Panfilo posted:

Herzog originally wanted to adapt it's natural force powers to restore people's confidence in the Galactic Empire and the rule of law and democracy it once stood for instead of the dictatorship stood up by the warlords and monarchs of the rebellion. Once l'Adorabile was far enough away that its power over him weakened, and he realised he had no family left, he resigned to destroy the green menace.

But how can you kill a living weapon that enchants whoever comes close? Something that drives men to attack each other for it's own twisted sport, leaving hundreds of corpses in its wake and coercing those near into violence? You send a Mandalorian who you expect to follow his honor more successfully than most weak minded bounty hunters, and a suicidal bounty droid sliced to try and thermal detonate the moment it witnesses suppressive fire next to Mando.

But because Mando took too long to get to the target, the droid showed up too early. And a new cycle of death has begun as the Mandalorian travels from planet to planet and l'Adorabile drives men mad with bloodlust everywhere he goes. First 50 bandits are willing to lay down their lives for the Baba Yoda, then it inspires mercenaries hiding out on the jungle planet to begin raiding the nearby townsfolk for shrimp (until its thirst is sated by the corpses of hundreds of mercenaries and villiagers). On Tatooine, Baby Yoda finds a young and honorable pistolero and manipulates him into betraying a seasoned bountyhunter that clearly outclasses him, just because Baby Yoda wants to watch him die.

Herzog tried to stop all of this, but when Mando brought the mind weapon back alive, he was powerless to resist. Stay tuned to see what slaughter he-who-sips-the-broth-of-bones brings on some hapless settlement next time on, The Mandalorian.

piL fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Dec 10, 2019

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

piL posted:

Herzog originally wanted to adapt it's natural force powers to restore people's confidence in the Galactic Empire and the rule of law and democracy it once stood for instead of the dictatorship stood up by the warlords and monarchs of the rebellion. Once l'Adorabile was far enough away that its power over him weakened, and he realised he had no family left, he resigned to destroy the green menace.

But how can you kill a living weapon that enchants whoever comes close? Something that drives men to attack each other for it's own twisted sport, leaving hundreds of corpses in its wake and coercing those near into violence? You send a Mandalorian who you expect to follow his honor more successfully than most weak minded bounty hunters, and a suicidal bounty droid sliced to try and thermal detonate the moment it witnesses suppressive fire next to Mando.

But because Mando took too long to get to the target, the droid showed up too early. And a new cycle of death has begun as the Mandalorian travels from planet to planet and l'Adorabile drives men mad with bloodlust everywhere he goes. First 50 bandits are willing to lay down their lives for the Baba Yoda, then it inspires mercenaries hiding out on the jungle planet to begin raiding the nearby townsfolk for shrimp (until its thirst is sated by the corpses of hundreds of mercenaries and villiagers). On Tatooine, Baby Yoda finds a young and honorable pistolero and manipulates him into betraying a seasoned bountyhunter that clearly outclasses him, just because Baby Yoda wants to watch him die.

Herzog tried to stop all of this, but when Mando brought the mind weapon back alive, he was powerless to resist. Stay tuned to see what slaughter he-who-sips-the-broth-of-bones brings on some hapless settlement next time on, The Mandalorian.

I know this is satire/fanfic/BS but drat, do I wish it wasn't.

It reminds me of how I used to tell my mom (who was big into Murder, She Wrote) that Jessica Fletcher was the real killer because she was secretly her character from The Manchurian Candidate manipulating patsies into murdering their targets at the behest of Chinese intelligence.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Everyone posted:

I know this is satire/fanfic/BS but drat, do I wish it wasn't.

It reminds me of how I used to tell my mom (who was big into Murder, She Wrote) that Jessica Fletcher was the real killer because she was secretly her character from The Manchurian Candidate manipulating patsies into murdering their targets at the behest of Chinese intelligence.

If you remade Murder She Wrote today with Amanda Tapping, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

The only people Baby Yoda manipulates with its Force powers is the audience.

You all love him but do you know why?

Think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Knight2m posted:

Here's your final shot of season 1.

It wasn't a baby chicken it was a baby Yoda!