Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm pretty sure this is peak neoliberalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

timeshares, but for uteri

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This thread hinted at the existence of someone who doesn't care for Bel Big Devoe and this is what you're all upset about?!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i'm just trying to workshop a joke about my vagina being communal housing

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This vagina is a real handyman's dream.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

location, location, location

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
I heard urmom's vagina was condemned

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

we're going to have to tear down and rebuild

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Miss posted:

i'm just trying to workshop a joke about my vagina being communal housing

something about a squat, maybe?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I just, I just can't even.

https://twitter.com/mippy/status/1203934173020479491?s=19

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Hell yeah I have a UTI

Unwanted
Tenant
Inside

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Cleretic posted:

I dunno, Spotify was so completely convinced that I would like completely bland guys doing acoustic guitar ballads (because yes, Spotify, that's definitely what someone who only listens to stations based on Daft Punk, Florence and the Machine and Ladytron would like) that I gave up entirely and just started full-time podcast listening.

I miss when Pandora ran in Australia. They were convinced I liked Mumford and Sons, too, but they weren't annoying about it.
You can just use it to play music you like. I'm sure you already knew that, but for all the reasons to stop listening to music and move to podcasts, that's a weird one.

The only real time I even hear new music on Spotify is when I drive for longer than an album and didn't queue up two. I'm one of those guys that refuse to listen to music on shuffle. Album or bust.

(Preemptive I'm the IoSM)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I just throw music I like or may enjoy or mentioned by people or caught on Shazam and put them into A Monstrous Playlist That I Continously Contribute To and fail to listen to completion since October, I cannibalize so many others ' playlist and put it into random-ize dot com which is why i get Korean gangster rap beside Thai ballads beside lo fi hip hop and chill beats to study to beside LGBT bear bar club hits beside youtube r rap beside video game chip tunes beside nice guy Mando pop . My friends hate my playlist

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Takoluka posted:

They originally has 48 members

What the gently caress?!

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYtMYspzKBg

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

"Women love it when you teach them something new-- Especially about themselves!" :D

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

PancakeTransmission posted:

You can just use it to play music you like. I'm sure you already knew that, but for all the reasons to stop listening to music and move to podcasts, that's a weird one.

The only real time I even hear new music on Spotify is when I drive for longer than an album and didn't queue up two. I'm one of those guys that refuse to listen to music on shuffle. Album or bust.

(Preemptive I'm the IoSM)

I just don't like listening to a specific album or artist. I prefer the radio functionality, since it (theoretically) introduces me to music I'll like but haven't heard before. Pandora's great for that, since it's basically specifically designed for that, but Spotify's algorithm for figuring that out is just hot garbage. It has a really shallow pool of music it pulls from, gets really insistent about very specific artists, and actually completely ignores disliked tracks for hours at least. All of which combines to give you a single artist every other track, even if you specifically tell it not to.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

"I am stunned. I wonder what else you know about female sexuality?"

"Sorry, that's it. The website didn't say anything else."

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mak0rz posted:

can we just cast this loving weirdo into the sun already

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1204216390464479233

In his defense, looking at a woman and thinking about how many of her eggs are gone is a very strange thing to do, just not in the way he meant.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

same lady

https://twitter.com/jameelajamil/status/1181836695001387008?s=19

I kinda feel bad for how much she strikes out while meaning well

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
She's right in that she's more of a jason, huh

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Tenants wish they had the same legal protection that Conservatives would assign fetuses.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

It says a lot about the cleanliness of their homes when they think people do some vacuuming only because :biotruths:

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I really like K-Pop (and other Korean stuff), but k-pop twitter is probably the worst subset of twitter that isn't just alt-right or nazis. I've seen similar stuff from like, Taylor Swift fans, but it's just so much more.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Tony Snark posted:

By exceptions do you mean hog tie and burn alive every member of Train past and present?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

nerdz posted:

same lady

https://twitter.com/jameelajamil/status/1181836695001387008?s=19

I kinda feel bad for how much she strikes out while meaning well

Do you expect every non-American to know how big of a shithead Bush was? I'm the same age as Jamil and I don't really know anything about Tony Blair at all :shrug:

She did the whole "lol no it's meant to be commentary!" thing in response to criticism for that abortion post, but she at least seems to be listening to people in the replies. Still needs to just take the L though.

https://twitter.com/jameelajamil/status/1204386553293725696

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 14:46 on Dec 10, 2019

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

letthereberock posted:

One thing that baffles me is how anyone in this futuristic year 2019 can still get angry about the existence of genres of music they dislike, or the fans thereof.

Gather ‘round children and let me tell you a story. When I was growing up in the 80s and 90s, there was this thing called radio - and depending on where you lived, there might be a very limited number of radio stations you could choose from. And since radio was the primary means of finding out about new artists, if you didn’t care for the types of music that were in the zeitgeist at the time, you were just poo poo out of luck, unless you were lucky enough to live in proximity to a cool record store where the weird clerk could introduce you to Gang of Four or some poo poo. But the point is, there was a monoculture and if you hated, say, Bel Biv DeVoe, you couldn’t escape them.

Today, we have Spotify and YouTube and customizable streaming radio stations and social media where you can find other fans of whatever lovely group you like and basically no reason to ever have to listen to music you don’t like or interact with fans of said music ever. Yet people still figure out ways to complain about it.

nerd

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

When I read that originally I was convinced that that was just a joke and everyone was reacting to a fakepost but now I know reality is much dumber than that.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
The thing about Kpop Twitter is that there's a specific subset of it that's absolutely feral and will jump at any tweet slandering the industry in any way. Not just tweets about disliking artists but genuine concerns about it's exploitative aspects and deep-rooted sexism issues get shared around and accused of racism and misogyny.

I was being facetious before but it really is kind of reminiscent of anime avatars quote tweeting anyone who asks why there's so little positive LGBTQ+ representation in modern anime and calling them a wokescold who doesn't understand that, clearly, the Japanese are just an apolitical people but your feeble soyboy mind could never understand that.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
starting to think that twitter attracts people who want to get mad and yell at other people all day

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

Mak0rz posted:

Do you expect every non-American to know how big of a shithead Bush was? I'm the same age as Jamil and I don't really know anything about Tony Blair at all :

As a non American just slightly younger than Jamil? Yes. Absolutely.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Mak0rz posted:

Do you expect every non-American to know how big of a shithead Bush was? I'm the same age as Jamil and I don't really know anything about Tony Blair at all :shrug:

I mean, I don't think "George W. Bush is a massive shithead who led America into yet another forever war, which British forces were also involved in for like, what, 14 years?" is a huge stretch to have heard about at some point, no.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I don't know so much about Kpop twitter, but about Kpop loving Koreaboos:

The thing with Kpop and it's performers is that it is all so generic, homogenized, and stage managed to within a milimetre. And the kind of obsessive nerd obsessed with it, loves to dive deep into the minutia of all of it. SO when a performer ever so slightly strays from the script and/or very thin parameters of usual behavior, then there is an army of shut in nerds waiting to dissect it.

i.e. "Hwasa from Mamamoo laughed in a different way on Weekly Idol episode #36 than she did on the episode of Running Man she was on. This must mean that she has a secret boyfriend, and it must be MinHyun from Wanna One because of the way he walked onto the set of Family Outing episode #76" etc.

And all insane theories like that find defenders, and then get spin off theories etc. in a spiral of madness. All while the biggest fans have never heard a full song of the groups they obsess over, only watched the Music Video over and over again to memorize the dance moves.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i wouldn't call myself an expert on british politics but even as a kid i knew tony blair as bush's bff who went to war alongside us and that made him just as much a monster in my eyes

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Kai Tave posted:

I mean, I don't think "George W. Bush is a massive shithead who led America into yet another forever war, which British forces were also involved in for like, what, 14 years?" is a huge stretch to have heard about at some point, no.

It doesnt look like she didn't know, he was a dumbshit, the original message was about the full extent of how much of a shithead he was:

quote:

Ooooof learning today about the full extent of Bush’s heinous presidency... we weren’t taught much about him at school, we just heard he was stupid...(we were dealing with our own epic nightmare of a prime minister back then). What a monstrous leader. I now understand the rage..

.You can know Blair is a oval office, but you might not be familiar with all the reasons why

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fishstick posted:

It doesnt look like she didn't know, he was a dumbshit, the original message was about the full extent of how much of a shithead he was:
It's really that line "we were dealing with our own epic nightmare of a prime minister back then" that makes her look especially dumb, because many of the things that made Blair a "nightmare of a prime minister" were directly related to George W Bush.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Wife/GF angrily vacuuming around your Laz-E-Boy, drowning out the Sunday football game you're trying to watch. "Jeez lady, what're you, on yer period or something?"

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

jackofarcades posted:

I really like K-Pop (and other Korean stuff), but k-pop twitter is probably the worst subset of twitter that isn't just alt-right or nazis. I've seen similar stuff from like, Taylor Swift fans, but it's just so much more.

I don't mean this to disparage K-Pop, because I know it's enjoyed by people of all ages.

But the loud and obnoxious k-stan twitter are largely comprised of preteens who literally have not yet learned how to communicate with people. That's why they're so, well, that.

There are plenty of well-adjusted k-pop fans who you just don't see.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Fishstick posted:

The reason people were mad was not because she was ignorant of Bush's shittiness, but that she started out defending Ellen going to a ballgame with him, reacting to the online outrage without doing a tiny little bit of research. A look at Wikipedia before tweeting could have saved her the trouble.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

I read this wrong at first and just thought it was an utterly bizarre pro-choice message. Not at analogy. (“The decision is not the landlord’s ... etc). A real fun moment on 2 hours’ sleep - “why the gently caress would it ever be your landlord’s decision”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

fisting by many posted:

I don't mean this to disparage K-Pop, because I know it's enjoyed by people of all ages.

But the loud and obnoxious k-stan twitter are largely comprised of preteens who literally have not yet learned how to communicate with people. That's why they're so, well, that.

There are plenty of well-adjusted k-pop fans who you just don't see.

a bunch of groups trying to dress and sound like little girls because their corporate overlords know the fans want to gently caress little girls is actually vile and gross and should be repulsive to a well adjusted person