Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The state of American politics has really demonstrated to white people like my dumb rear end what everybody else has known for a long loving time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Cavauro posted:

i dont think it's your fault. my computer is very old. i am giving up

is this one of those magic picture things

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

really debating dropping my f4w sub lately

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The latest We The Independent podcast is with Lufisto and I am posting this here in hopes it reminds me to listen tomorrow.
https://www.buzzsprout.com/405253/2218799-19-indie-til-infinity-lufisto

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Lots of Good poo poo to be had here:

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1203911212024696832

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
High Level Granny segment this week.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Bryan refers to a long-standing toe injury as a “gimmicked toe”.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao granny could not give less of a poo poo about Bryan’s toe

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

She remembers when a certain young man used to say "But I don't have bad dreams in your bed."

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The second episode of the New Day podcast is just them making GBS threads on terrible team names that creative came up with and I love it.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

The latest We The Independent podcast is with Lufisto and I am posting this here in hopes it reminds me to listen tomorrow.
https://www.buzzsprout.com/405253/2218799-19-indie-til-infinity-lufisto

Hey buddy

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Incessant Excess posted:

High Level Granny segment this week.

The bird kinda fell over... :(

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

The second episode of the New Day podcast is just them making GBS threads on terrible team names that creative came up with and I love it.

Give us a taste

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Give us a taste

Tall bastards, spooks the ghost lads, punches mclightning, the great foulers

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Wazzu posted:

punches mclightning

excuse me

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
They were gonna be The Eggs, but... But anyway...

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Give us a taste

The Beat
The Wonders
The Tribe
Perfect Harmony
KBX
The House of Light
The Beacon
New City
House of Positive Energy

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I would gladly be in a team called House Of Positive Energy

HOPE you ever get a push

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Didn't they mention once that one of the names they were pitched was something like "Fresh Coat of Paint"?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Defiance Industries posted:

Didn't they mention once that one of the names they were pitched was something like "Fresh Coat of Paint"?

Don't remember if they did it here but they definitely did on Jericho's show.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

FCP sounds kinda fun to chant.

If I ever ran wwe creative(work with me here) I’d make the writers just chant random poo poo until I hear something cool or funny. Then that’d be a team or whatever. Then I’d see how hard I could get wrestlers to lean into it because that’s the essence of sports entertainment: weirdos that wrestle sometimes with poo poo people like to chant.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Oof

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:crossarms:

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Those range from dumb to offensive to actually better than what they used. Seems like pretty normal creative workshopping to me.

There’s no ‘Fang McFrost’ in there, I’d that’s the type of story they were trying to tell

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

mkay0 posted:

Those range from dumb to offensive to actually better than what they used. Seems like pretty normal creative workshopping to me.

There’s no ‘Fang McFrost’ in there, I’d that’s the type of story they were trying to tell

There's a dimension where Steve Austin was known as Chilly McFreeze and it's probably better than the shithole universe we live in.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The latest B&V&G show has a part where Vinny says that years ago the pay for F4W was so low that he wasn't earning enough from the podcasts to stop qualifying for unemployment insurance.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Eat My Fuc posted:

There's a dimension where Steve Austin was known as Chilly McFreeze and it's probably better than the shithole universe we live in.

Well yeah, WWF went bankrupt in that universe and Vince is probably dead.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TO BE FAIR even if he had been called Fang McFrost or whatever, it would have been his name for like 4 weeks before Vince realised how bad it was and changed course. He wasn’t as senile or stubborn in 1996

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

jesus WEP posted:

TO BE FAIR even if he had been called Fang McFrost or whatever, it would have been his name for like 4 weeks before Vince realised how bad it was and changed course. He wasn’t as senile or stubborn in 1996

it would have been his name for like 4 weeks before Vince realised how bad it was and changed it back to The Ringmaster

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah probably lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
TYSON AND CHILLY! TYSON AND CHILLY!

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

TTBF posted:

The latest B&V&G show has a part where Vinny says that years ago the pay for F4W was so low that he wasn't earning enough from the podcasts to stop qualifying for unemployment insurance.

Was that why he was doing outside podcasts like locked on Seahawks and then when it flopped had that severe sad slump?

I remember when somebody, as a joke, used it as a song, and it really bummed him out.

I hope Vinny gets a good income, COWARD BRYAN

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Seahawks podcast was much more recent than the times he’s talking about

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Was that why he was doing outside podcasts like locked on Seahawks and then when it flopped had that severe sad slump?

I remember when somebody, as a joke, used it as a song, and it really bummed him out.

I hope Vinny gets a good income, COWARD BRYAN

It was when the fishing magazine he was editing closed down & before he got involved with Football Outsiders

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
So we're talking the "TNAwful" years of the site?

I gotta get my history down, I've only started listening since they recapped Lucha Underground

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan: Seth says he doesn't know what went wrong, bu-
Dave: The booking!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dave saying “he doesn’t really have a Canada” made me laugh

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Bryan bothering to tell Dave he needed to step away for 30 seconds instead of just letting Dave ramble was pretty funny.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Idk if it's out there but what do the subscription numbers look like for WO/F4W?

It seems like even a few years ago they would have made more than enough to pay everyone well. I'd assume they have maybe a few thousand monthly subs at $10 month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dave recently referred to himself as a millionaire in an offhanded comment.