Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Sanford posted:

I can maybe do some driving from 6 till 10 on Thursday, if my baby goes to sleep early and my wife is feeling well enough for me to go out. I won’t know until the time. Is this an offer worth making to my clp or just an annoying thing to keep track of?

Make the offer. People turning up whenever will be pointed in the right direction and made useful. In 2017 I just rocked up at the constotuency office with no clue and asked what I could do, any warning more than that will be great for them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
the guardian making exactly the kind of endorsement that they always were going to.

e:

CoolCab posted:

too obvious, they trade on their lefty cred. halfhearted Corbyn endorsement with backhanded compliments and a strong "anyone but Boris" energy, as late as is possible imo

but this is sort of like calling that the sun will come up, or the sun will go fash.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

I like how this meshes nicely with posh Tory politicians recently pretending to watch football to appear to be one of the workin class lads, yet somehow confusing Aston Villa /west ham/ Burnley
You should see the reactions from Tory Liverpool fans after were told they couldn't host England games after refusing to reconsider their ban on writers from The Sun. They're beautiful.

That said, the phrase "Tory Liverpool fans" gets me. They're a party that smeared the victims of Hillsborough in order to make sure no one close to money might be held accountable for the monumental gently caress up that happened that day, along with the build up that made it inevitable.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I believe the key strategy is to try and get as many people to vote as early as possible so as to maximise turnout, because the cold and the dark and the wet and people tired from work will hit later in the day.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

sebzilla posted:

Make the offer. People turning up whenever will be pointed in the right direction and made useful. In 2017 I just rocked up at the constotuency office with no clue and asked what I could do, any warning more than that will be great for them!

Ah great thanks, hopefully I can just give them a bell on Thursday evening then. Turns out they have a committee office thing four doors down from my parents so I’m going to try and pester my dad into helping too.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

CoolCab posted:

but this is sort of like calling that the sun will come up, or the sun will go fash.

Except for the Oct '74 election, when apparently The Sun just wanted everyone to have a good time

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Braggart posted:

Well poo poo, now Bozza's gonna off him. I've seen your career, Sean Bean! You're like Dan Hodges except that I would quite like the consequences of your actions to be swapped.

Does he have friends in the horse guards?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
lol

https://twitter.com/francesweetman/status/1204499061954535430?s=20

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Kraftwerk posted:

horse guards, you say?

:nws:

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 10, 2019

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

What sort of essays are you wanting?
I just feel like sometimes people giantpost on here about subjects they're clearly passionate about, and have more than a single post to say about it. Like twisto's architecture posts, or Corbyn vs. antisemitism, or how poo poo ATOS is, or what's wrong with capitalism.

Anything the thread wants to write about from a leftist perspective, really.

These are all things that could go in blogposts or a wiki, but I just thought it might be nice to have them in a book. I could also look into making a physical version with createspace, but then I don't think I can make them free to the reader and the money side probably gets a bit complicated.

Or alternatively we go horny on main and write 'pounded in the butt by capitalism.'

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Ms Adequate posted:

It is the ancient way of Discord. None can understand it, and none can change it.

The private channel between me and my bff has five channels. Our family channel (I'm an honorary sister :D) has twenty. I've never seen a disc with more than two people that doesn't have double-digit channel numbers.
I knew you had kinks but the idea of a family Discord instead of a WhatsApp group is just perverse.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

dumber than a rock lol

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

Kraftwerk posted:

Just Gibbo, Morty, Ricey, Josh, Burnsy and Cheeks.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

RottenK posted:

dumber than a rock lol

I honestly don't think I've ever witnessed anyone else in my life who's such a perfect combination of dumb, lame, narcissistic, and completely oblivious.

pippy posted:

Just Gibbo, Morty, Ricey, Josh, Burnsy and Cheeks.

I feel bad for Josh, not having a proper bants nickname :(

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Thanks for reminding me to block her.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

RockyB posted:

The possibility of a Labour win and getting to watch her melt down live is just too good for me to to do that

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ThomasPaine posted:

I honestly don't think I've ever witnessed anyone else in my life who's such a perfect combination of dumb, lame, narcissistic, and completely oblivious.

Don't forget duplicitous as gently caress.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Sanford posted:

I can maybe do some driving from 6 till 10 on Thursday, if my baby goes to sleep early and my wife is feeling well enough for me to go out. I won’t know until the time. Is this an offer worth making to my clp or just an annoying thing to keep track of?

They have to register and insure you so not sure if it might be too late.
On the other hand it might not!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

please, yet again, gently caress the gently caress off with this poo poo

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

This actually made me lol irl, he's getting totally bodied in the replies

https://twitter.com/tomhfh/status/1204421063075123202?s=20

stev posted:

Don't forget duplicitous as gently caress.

I honestly think she's too dumb to be duplicitous, I think she's one of the few dweebs who really believe what they're saying.

Julio Cruz posted:

please, yet again, gently caress the gently caress off with this poo poo

I would prefer not to

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Z the IVth posted:

Out of interest do the statistics distinguish those who are living with their parents by choice or necessity (i.e. carer or requiring care) from those who are trapped because they cannot afford to move out?

Depends on who's taking the stats, of course. Generally though those in the former camp won't be on the local authority housing list or otherwise engaging with the housing sector so wouldn't normally show up.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

ThomasPaine posted:

The possibility of a Labour win and getting to watch her melt down live is just too good for me to to do that

also your unending thirst

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Tarnop posted:

also your unending thirst

:blush:

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

They have to register and insure you so not sure if it might be too late.
On the other hand it might not!

It’s only bloody Daryl and Kate’s house, they’ve lived on the same street as my mum and dad since we moved there in 1985 so I’ve made my dad go and knock on the door and we’re going to go round on Thursday if I can make it.

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RockyB posted:

I got blocked for telling her to vote for mike gapes

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Chuff McNothing posted:

I got blocked for telling her to vote for mike gapes

lol was this u https://twitter.com/Swzzzzzzzzzz/status/1204500927631126528

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yup

e - if one of you just followed me, sorry i had to block then unblock you. I live for that 0/0.

Chuff McNothing fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 10, 2019

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
Theres some wild gammon loose in my village tonight putting up signs for the tories. How long is considered polite before walking and taking them all down again?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

that's a lot of anime ladies

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fluppet posted:

Theres some wild gammon loose in my village tonight putting up signs for the tories. How long is considered polite before walking and taking them all down again?

right behind him, keep handing them back as you take them out

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

"excuse me sir you dropped this!"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tesseraction posted:

right behind him, keep handing them back as you take them out

Accidently wipe your arse with them first.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

#gamersriseup

https://twitter.com/marijamdid/status/1204476515238531072?s=20

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I have to wonder what absolute madman would watch the NI Leader's Debate on BBC NI right now (other than maybe kustomkarkommando?). I'm assuming it's just gonna be 55 mins of :byodood: FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGGGG :byodood: so I'm pre-emptively bowing out

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

ThomasPaine posted:

I honestly think she's too dumb to be duplicitous, I think she's one of the few dweebs who really believe what they're saying.

Didn't she pretend she was resigning over antisemitism when really it was because she was being investigated for serial absenteeism? Dumb people can absolutely be duplicitous

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Gum posted:

Didn't she pretend she was resigning over antisemitism when really it was because she was being investigated for serial absenteeism? Dumb people can absolutely be duplicitous

hmm yeah fair point, but I think she absolutely convinced herself she was making a principled stand and now truly believes it whatever the actual original motivation was

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Gum posted:

Yeah the same as the MP who was suspended for sexual misconduct of some kind (I forget basically all of the detail)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Sanford posted:

It’s only bloody Daryl and Kate’s house, they’ve lived on the same street as my mum and dad since we moved there in 1985 so I’ve made my dad go and knock on the door and we’re going to go round on Thursday if I can make it.

Fair enough, I don't know who Daryl and kate are, but if you are offering driving they would need to register and insure you. (Ed: so if you are thinking of that, maybe let CLP know now).

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 10, 2019

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
could be Ivan Lewis or John woodcock? there are probably others that match that description too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

XMNN posted:

could be Ivan Lewis or John woodcock? there are probably others that match that description too

john lewis and ivan woodcock