Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

RabidWeasel posted:

Yeah the same as the MP who was suspended for sexual misconduct of some kind (I forget basically all of the detail)

How can you forget that someone called Penis Penispenis John Woodcock was accused of sexual harassment? Other highlights - to prove that he was making a principled stand over anti-semitism and not that he was trying to avoid investigation (into the sexual harassment or the massive amounts of money he was taking from Saudi Arabia and BAE), he carried out a full investigation into himself and was exonerated. He's so completely loving reprehensible that not even CUKTIG or the Lib Dems wanted him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/jelly_pack/status/1204428202799718400

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

TACD posted:

I knew you had kinks but the idea of a family Discord instead of a WhatsApp group is just perverse.

I've never used WhatsApp in my life and I don't plan to start.

Oh no

OH NO! I'M AN OLD

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Excuse the Facebook, but its good to see Corbs not taking any poo poo from Tory Boys

https://www.facebook.com/riseengland/videos/2562466540539256/

:prepop:

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Does anyone know what the record is for most UK Prime Ministers in the shortest amount of time? If Corbyn wins that's 4 different PMs since the brexit vote three and a half years ago.

And five in four years is possible if we have another hung parliament and Boris is replaced by another tory who then loses to Corbyn a few months later.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Ms Adequate posted:

I've never used WhatsApp in my life and I don't plan to start.

Oh no

OH NO! I'M AN OLD

You should it's good

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

ThomasPaine posted:

I would prefer not to

hate to break it to you but no-one ITT gives the tiniest poo poo about your favourite hatewank fantasy

bionic vapour boy
Feb 13, 2012

Impervious to fun.
Canvassing in Enfield Southgate went pretty ok :unsmith:

I turned up a little late but my friend said they had 50-60 volunteers show up, as I was arriving quite a few split off to drive further out of London.

I mostly just stood around smiling while my friend did all the talking but we got a pretty positive response, we spoke to more than one person about their plans to help get out the vote on the day too. I'm trying not to extrapolate too much but it felt like, vindicating?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Brizzle West canvassing was wet and not in the good way like you want. Most of it was shooting fish in a barrel - obviously - but some of us managed to convince some green waverers. In any case Thangham has it wrapped up, so it was more a morale building op for me and my newbie comrades.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

hate to break it to you but no-one ITT gives the tiniest poo poo about your favourite hatewank fantasy

It's true.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://twitter.com/Squirrel69Red/status/1204514063180451840

lol

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

And with only hours to go, the SNP just dropped their LGBTI Equality Manifesto. I just skimmed it but it seems pretty good

https://s3-eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/www.snp.org/uploads/2019/12/SNP_LGBTI_Equality_Manifesto_2019.pdf

quote:

Gender recognition
The SNP government was the first in the UK to
commit to reforming gender recognition law
to secure equality and human rights for trans
people. A draft Gender Recognition (Scotland)
Bill will be published by the end of this year, with
a consultation on the detail of the legislation.
SNP MPs will press for Westminster to
recognise in reserved areas any changes to the
law in Scotland, and press for the same actions
to be taken at Westminster.

Non-binary recognition
SNP MPs will press the UK government to allow
non-binary people to record their gender as “X”
on passports and all other UK-wide records and
identity documents. The SNP government is
also establishing a non-binary working group to
consider changes to procedures and practice in
Scotland.

Debbie Does Dagon fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 10, 2019

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Praxis

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
:siren: Reminder: place your bets you goddamn goons https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/101ShRNc4MC1YtBI2XE0ru8rda4aTlNBaIytsutD-QIc/edit#gid=1959274628

I've also added a sheet for interesting seats, based on some posts earlier in the thread: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/101ShRNc4MC1YtBI2XE0ru8rda4aTlNBaIytsutD-QIc/edit#gid=1858184077
Feel free to expand (should be freely editable)

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Darren Grimes having an extremely normal one.

https://twitter.com/MrJackGrant/status/1204472520684048384?s=20

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
no hope, please

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1204518589325348864?s=20

#sacklaurakuenssberg

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

right behind him, keep handing them back as you take them out

By the time I'd made food and headed back out there were only 2 left. The wife had let the school gate militia know and they'd taken care of the rest

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

bionic vapour boy posted:

we got a pretty positive response, we spoke to more than one person about their plans to help get out the vote on the day too. I'm trying not to extrapolate too much but it felt like, vindicating?

You are not alone. Out there in meatspace there are millions of other people who are thinking the same things as you.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
can anyone access this

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/wo...fa9c1a3b46864c8

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

just the headline

Mesopotamia
Apr 12, 2010
Someone posted it their share link version on Twitter:

quote:

Shock private polling for the Conservative Party shows a Labour coalition forming government is now a “major risk” a day before Britain’s general election.

The Tory lead has shrunk in the past week — one pollster had them just six points ahead on Tuesday, which could leave Britain with another hung parliament.

The dramatic turnaround in Tory fortunes leaves Prime Minister Boris Johnson fighting to hold his seat.

READ MORE: Fraction of Britons to decide poll | Nick Cater: Staring into the British election looking glass | Boris Johnson vows to cut immigration | Labour plans ambitious first 100 days

The biggest threat to a Tory majority is tactical voting. Mr Johnston has begun highlighting its dangers, saying “a hung parliament is a clear and present danger’’ amid “sophisticated and well-financed attempts under way to prevent a Conservative victory’’.

Labour shadow chancellor John McDonnell has predicted “surprising results across the country that could be a bigger shock than in 2017” when Labour pegged back a huge lead to cause prime minister Theresa May to lose her majority.

Private polling reveals the Tories are not getting the big Brexit bounce in the Midlands and northern seats of Northampton South, Derby North and Southport, which they had factored in to form a majority government.

The Tories had targeted 40 traditional Labour seats that voted to leave the EU in the 2016 Brexit referendum by more than 55 per cent. The swing required to win those seats was less than 7.5 percentage points.

Tories fear large numbers of voters in these electorates are so torn over the election — and believe health and welfare issues are more important than Brexit — that they may stay with Labour or not vote at all.

Insiders also say complacency about the headline lead of the Tory party over the past few weeks may encourage traditional Conservative voters to believe they can cast a consequence-free protest vote.

A private memo sent on the weekend from Michael Brooks, who heads Sir Lynton Crosby’s polling company CTF Partners, to Tory campaign manager Isaac Levido says the chances of a Corbyn-led coalition had been seriously underestimated.

The memo warned that if 12 of the Tories’ 298 seats fall to the Scottish nationalists or the Liberal Democrats, the Conservatives would be on the opposition benches. Labour doesn’t need to gain a single seat for that to happen.

“They (Labour) do not need to gain a single seat, they can simply rely on the SNP to make gains in Scotland or the Liberal Democrats to make gains in southern Conservative seats and Jeremy Corbyn will be in No 10,’’ Mr Brooks said in the memo, which has been published in the British newspaper The Telegraph.

CTF Partners polling with seat-by-seat personal interviews is more intensive than other polls, which rely on telephone or internet surveys.

Mr Brooks said “as little as a 1 to 2 per cent movement in the current vote in a handful of seats” could hand the keys of 10 Downing Street to Mr Corbyn.

Two major anti-Brexit groups, People’s Vote and Best for Britain have been campaigning for tactical voting to unseat Tory candidates across the nation. Under Britains’ first-past-the-post and non-compulsory voting, Best for Britain says 40,000 votes from 46 million registered voters across 36 of the 650 seats will determine the election result.

“It’s game on,’’ Best for Britain chief executive Naomi Smith said.

The Prime Minister’s personal vulnerability in his seat of Uxbridge and South Ruislip is magnified, not just through tactical voting, but because thousands of new young student voters from the Brunel University have been mobilised to vote for the Labour candidate former student union leader Ali Milani, 25.

Mr Johnson won with a majority of 5034 in 2017, a big decrease on the 2015 election margin of 10,695 and one of the slimmest margins in the nation’s history for a seat held by a prime minister.

Polling analyst company Datapraxis says 6300 votes could also move against Mr Johnson in tactical voting. Datapraxis says if just 10 per cent more young voters turn out to vote than in 2017, Mr Johnson’s lead will be vulnerable.

But others say “the rush to decapitate Johnson’’ is taking away resources that could be better deployed in more marginal seats.

“It’s a long shot,’’ said Best for Britain political analyst Lewis Baston on the odds Johnson will lose his seat, arguing that being Prime Minister gives him a boost.

“If he is beaten it would overturn a lot of what we think we know about public opinion and polling. Stranger things will happen, but it’s a real long shot.’’

He added the focus on Johnson “is a fly trap for opposition activists, really”.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1204521341774381056

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I refuse to believe, but I'm going to fight til it loving kills me.

Any brizzle goons up for gotv on Thursday?

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

oh my.

and this won't fully include yesterday

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

quote:

Although that would give Mr Johnson a majority of 28, the poll’s range of possible outcomes stretches from 367 Tory seats to only 311. “Based on the model we cannot rule out a hung parliament,” Anthony Wells, YouGov’s director of political research, said.

Too tight to mention

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
The only poll that matters is the one on Thursday. Turn up and help Get Out The Vote.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/1204513620467449856

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

get hosed lib dems

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Doccykins posted:

The only poll that matters is the one on Thursday. Turn up and help Get Out The Vote.

:hai:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Doccykins posted:

This

Let's get that vote out motherflippers

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Doccykins posted:

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only
'sup goons.
Had a go at phonebanking today.
It's not a thing I can do.
Leafletting in a downpour was infinitely preferable.

Was nice to hear similar opinions of PLP shenanigans amongst the other volunteers and the MP candidate.

zhar
May 3, 2019

interesting estimated 11% swing from LDs who won the seat a couple of months ago

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Does anyone have experience with what is involved in GOTV efforts? So I know what I'm getting into.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

:siren: Reminder: place your bets you goddamn goons https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/101ShRNc4MC1YtBI2XE0ru8rda4aTlNBaIytsutD-QIc/edit#gid=1959274628

I've also added a sheet for interesting seats, based on some posts earlier in the thread: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/101ShRNc4MC1YtBI2XE0ru8rda4aTlNBaIytsutD-QIc/edit#gid=1858184077
Feel free to expand (should be freely editable)

Are lurking non-UK goons welcome to do some betting?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Good news for Stroud in there :unsmith:

IDS on the verge of losing his seat. Raab close too. Johnson not impossible.

Happening status: It's.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

OwlFancier posted:

Does anyone have experience with what is involved in GOTV efforts? So I know what I'm getting into.

No experience but I've discussed it with my CLP.
Early-hours leafletting to remind promises that today's the day and they should go do it before work.
Canvassing of promises during the day to offer lifts and spare umbrellas, up until the deadline. This gets quite a few.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

JosefStalinator posted:

Are lurking non-UK goons welcome to do some betting?

I don't see why not

The last sweepstakes was won by someone who isn't even a goon, but a goon's partner

Suggest we keep it to actual goons this time though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I don't see why not

The last sweepstakes was won by someone who isn't even a goon, but a goon's partner

Suggest we keep it to actual goons this time though

Definitely a goon, but will contribute my $6.56 to the pot when I lose.