Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreshCutFries

Heather Papps posted:

i'm gonna slow down updates till we have a volunteer. there is a list, but also, what this whole thing has taught me is that this is a fun game, and it's actually less complicated than i had thought initially, especially with tiles and the launcher apps. the therapist is a gamechanger, truly.

the year's...kind of gone on for quite a while now. i'd say finish it up whenever you're able. i can always do a repeat year until someone else comes along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

FreshCutFries posted:

the year's...kind of gone on for quite a while now. i'd say finish it up whenever you're able. i can always do a repeat year until someone else comes along.

okay! i'll finish it off tomorrow.

i really do apologize byob, i am very new to this game, and also, pretty busy/scatterbrained. winter is fun in that now i have all my regular life stuff, but also, it's harder to accomplish every task! also, shovel the snow!

i'll cap er off tomorrow and upload the file, and then a pro can take a year to figure out why i dug a line out from my bedroom

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

FreshCutFries

Heather Papps posted:

okay! i'll finish it off tomorrow.

i really do apologize byob, i am very new to this game, and also, pretty busy/scatterbrained. winter is fun in that now i have all my regular life stuff, but also, it's harder to accomplish every task! also, shovel the snow!

i'll cap er off tomorrow and upload the file, and then a pro can take a year to figure out why i dug a line out from my bedroom

thank you! and no worries.

i'm intrigued by this mystery line

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FreshCutFries posted:

:pray:

Heather Papps

hello friend

maybe... maybe this will work?

HappyKitty

Heather Papps posted:

i honestly have no idea hey you wanna be a dwarf>?

DWARF ME

This is my marking season, so I won't put my name in as a player, but I love living vicariously through hilariously dying

Heather Papps

hello friend

i should mention the game crashed and i lost about a half days worth of progress. nbd. i think we are back to the same point, season wise.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
haha, yeah

when i was playing i realized sometime in summer that i didn't have autosave activated and promptly saved/quit

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
the way different stuff interact, and also how the code is a mess even toady doesn't understand anymore is a recipe for crashes

Heather Papps

hello friend

Nosfereefer posted:

the way different stuff interact, and also how the code is a mess even toady doesn't understand anymore is a recipe for crashes

ask the yob hardcore tru gamer discord, i have basically left it on for like a week plus

Goons Are Gifts

Alright someone snitch me whether or not hp finishes this year now because he told me to ban him if he doesn't do that by today and I don't want to do this so I may have to probe him until he's done to avoid doing it

death sext

snitches get masterpiece stitches

Heather Papps

hello friend

it's late winter. the bar is big, stuff is bustling, i can't remember how to build beehives. there is a wild hive south of the settlement tho i'll have to screencap that.

aaaaanyways

this made me laugh pretty hard

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
thread is alive again!

:woop:

Heather Papps

hello friend

Luvcow posted:

thread is alive again!

:woop:

probed so hard i got the flu

Heather Papps

hello friend

this is my bed. i love my bed.

Heather Papps

hello friend

this is the bar! it big now

e:yes those are beds in front of the thrones. yes, this was an accident. no i am not changing it.

Heather Papps

hello friend

neat! lots of numbers! make the numbers go UP

also this is now, right now.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

this is the bar! it big now

e:yes those are beds in front of the thrones. yes, this was an accident. no i am not changing it.

i am noticing now some weird double door bed thing going on don't drink and dwarf

Heather Papps

hello friend

HappyKitty posted:

DWARF ME

This is my marking season, so I won't put my name in as a player, but I love living vicariously through hilariously dying

also, i think i named everyone that asked?

apparently you can handle stress soooooo

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 9, 2019

Angry Diplomat

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
oh no did I get overlooked? :iit:

Heather Papps

hello friend

Angry Diplomat posted:

oh no did I get overlooked? :iit:

for a minute, yes.

Angry Diplomat

Heather Papps posted:

for a minute, yes.

wow I'm really fuckin good at crafting stones

Heather Papps

hello friend

Angry Diplomat posted:

wow I'm really fuckin good at crafting stones

and, you hate it! it's weird.

Heather Papps

hello friend

this is why i name craftsdwarves after posters, because this is, to me, very funny.

Heather Papps

hello friend

k im done, gonna save, upload the filez to drive, and pass this bad boy off.

it's been a blast, thanks for putting up with my erraticism and also me learning how to play. if you have any aptitude for this sort of thing, but never have tried df, i'd highly recommend giving this a shot.

thank you goodnight i have the flu kill me

Stoner Sloth

yay! my dorf is making statues of BYOB friends!

nice work HP, and no worries - dwarf fortress does have quite the learning curve and I think you did well!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Heather Papps

hello friend

sorry im sick i forgot to do this part:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kCSkBTk58cSMjSk6f6U6LxI83lkRbFl7

Nosfereefer

and now, we wait for the poets :evilbuddy:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Nosfereefer posted:

and now, we wait for the poets :evilbuddy:

:ohdear:

FreshCutFries

you didn't have to do that while sick with the flu lmao, but thank you for caring!

we also might have to wait until later in the week before updates happen

Heather Papps

hello friend

FreshCutFries posted:

you didn't have to do that while sick with the flu lmao, but thank you for caring!

i may not do a good job all the time, but i deffo care!

Tijuana-A-Go-Go

Doggles Aficionado

I'm glad that so far my dwarf has been as useless as I am in real life

Nosfereefer

so... do we have any goblets yet?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Nosfereefer posted:

so... do we have any goblets yet?

:cripes:

Heather Papps

hello friend

i KNEW i was forgetting something. the whole time, this nagging suspicion i'd missed a detail

google THIS

What about cups? Or mugs?

Nosfereefer

id say they've gotten a lot of experience in straight up dunking their heads into the barrels at this point. theyre probably better off if we let them continiue

Angry Diplomat

barrels are just goblets for those with a proper dwarven thirst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

this thread does not deserve the sweet release of falling off the first page. by the dark gods i demand your continued service

The dead walk. Hide while you still can!