Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
oh alright, whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Oh, and apparently whatever’s happening isn’t done yet, and there will probably be a purge of FYAD because, and I quote, “Lowtax wants heads.” I’m not surprised, Lowtax has problems but I think he’s a reasonable guy without a lot of patience for the sort of bullshit we’ve been seeing this last couple of days.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ghostlight posted:

can't believe even the mods turned out to not have spines

From what I hear, most of the mods do, it's just Lowtax and Smythe being enough to keep them from doing the needful

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Remember way back in the 2000s when a mod making a huge overreach was when a certain goon got made mod of E/N, and changed all the thread titles to be about butts? And encouraged people to start butt related threads?

Example: "Guide to being dumped like a champ" was renamed "Guide to taking a dump like a champ" only for 30-40 threads and all actually funny or at least boringly inoffensive.

The poster had a gimmick about always asking for a butt specific sub forum, and eventually after discussion after the changes they let it stay for a while since everyone was having fun playing along with the gimmick or ignoring it and talking around the butt related posts.

That was actual comedy. Seems harder and harder to find these days.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

pentyne posted:

Remember way back in the 2000s when a mod making a huge overreach was when a certain goon got made mod of E/N, and changed all the thread titles to be about butts? And encouraged people to start butt related threads?

Example: "Guide to being dumped like a champ" was renamed "Guide to taking a dump like a champ" only for 30-40 threads and all actually funny or at least boringly inoffensive.

The poster had a gimmick about always asking for a butt specific sub forum, and eventually after discussion after the changes they let it stay for a while since everyone was having fun playing along with the gimmick or ignoring it and talking around the butt related posts.

That was actual comedy. Seems harder and harder to find these days.

I always suspected chuck tingle was an ex-goon

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Ariong posted:

Oh, and apparently whatever’s happening isn’t done yet, and there will probably be a purge of FYAD because, and I quote, “Lowtax wants heads.” I’m not surprised, Lowtax has problems but I think he’s a reasonable guy without a lot of patience for the sort of bullshit we’ve been seeing this last couple of days.

Where is all this info coming from?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gum posted:

I always suspected chuck tingle was an ex-goon

No I'm still here, oddly enough.

E: whoa good announcement eme t from Smythr.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Smh low tax let this happen to his forums

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ariong posted:

Hasn't the majority of the active FYAD poster base already been banned or perma'd? How much more purging can there be to do?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

Hasn't the majority of the active FYAD poster base already been banned or perma'd? How much more purging can there be to do?

The ones who werent funny so they couldn't make it on "weird twitter"? IDK

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Antivehicular posted:

If I were running the place then the work wouldn’t be done until everybody who expressed or defended transphobia was gone, but I don’t know what the actual plan is. It seems like that’s the way we’re headed, though.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Where is all this info coming from?

These forums sure are something

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 00:34 on Dec 11, 2019

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

oldpainless posted:

Smh low tax let this happen to his forums

Doobie played a very, very long game, and furthermore, he won.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Hopefully this ends with trans goons staying around and nazis loving off to whatever sad offsite inevitably springs up from this mess.

Unfortunately it's the Finpol thread right here on the forums.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Now I know what the limp-dick announcement by Smythe made me think of...

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Thank you! Someone PMed me the link too, and also asked that it be kept on the down-low to avoid KF datamining, if you want to edit out the link (just passing along the reasonable request)

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Jerry Cotton posted:

Unfortunately it's the Finpol thread right here on the forums.

For this betrayal you will be taken saunan taakse.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

On a serious note, the discussion in this thread about this ongoing disaster has been within the bounds, and I appreciate you all for keeping it sincere, open, and sane (as much as that applies to anyone and anything here).

One thing I'd like to ask is that we curtail gossip/speculation posts about current events. There's enough FUD in the air right now.

And if anyone can think of a funny new subtitle for this thread, my god, it certainly needs one after all this.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bloom posted:

For this betrayal you will be taken saunan taakse.

Hmm from my experience at RIP Coul this means kissing??

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Pastry of the Year posted:

On a serious note, the discussion in this thread about this ongoing disaster has been within the bounds, and I appreciate you all for keeping it sincere, open, and sane (as much as that applies to anyone and anything here).

One thing I'd like to ask is that we curtail gossip/speculation posts about current events. There's enough FUD in the air right now.

And if anyone can think of a funny new subtitle for this thread, my god, it certainly needs one after all this.

SA’s Greatest Sagas: Farewell, You Appalling Dickheads

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

luxury handset posted:

i appreciate the guy who just autobanned himself with a ban tag in SA mart, on a purge day

seeing that after everything that happened got a really big lol out of me. i hope they get unbanned

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ariong posted:

:hmmyes:

That's excellent.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Ariong posted:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gently caress You And Die

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Ariong posted:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ariong posted:

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

It looks like Palpek was made an admin at some point. Maybe he stepped in for VG...?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

ASenileAnimal posted:

seeing that after everything that happened got a really big lol out of me. i hope they get unbanned

Accidental autobans are always delightful. The SA-Mart ones are the best, but I feel like I've seen a few from GWS where someone decided a thread about spicy food needed the HOT tag.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Wes Warhammer posted:

It looks like Palpek was made an admin at some point. Maybe he stepped in for VG...?

He's been an admin for ages.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

King Re0l finally has his revenge

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Antivehicular posted:

Accidental autobans are always delightful. The SA-Mart ones are the best, but I feel like I've seen a few from GWS where someone decided a thread about spicy food needed the HOT tag.

What really gets me about this one is that this person registered in loving 2004. How do you not know better after 15 years?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

gently caress

It's us who've been on the menu all along :aaaaa:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ariong posted:

:haibrow:

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

He's been an admin for ages.

I just never noticed, then :shobon:

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

This has been a wild day and a half. I haven't stuck my head into FYAD in a good long time, but loving yikes. FYAD used to be one of funniest places on the internet, but if this is what it's been reduced to then burn it down.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
triticum guzzler was FYAD’s ace in the hole and he hasn’t posted in eighteen months

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FYAD IKs chain-probed me for a.while so they werent all bad.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

triticum guzzler was FYAD’s ace in the hole and he hasn’t posted in eighteen months

I feel like I remember hearing that being because he got doxed.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
First they came for the tankie admin, and I did not speak out, because I was not a tankie admin.
Then they came for the trans people, and I did not speak out, because I was not trans.
Then they came for the nazis, and you better believe I loving spoke out! What happened to free speech? What happened to comedy? This is Something Awful!
I am a very smart man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

What I've learnt is lowtax fears change and that's why the pink forum stays