Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

it's the 'after ten minutes of googling I can't find anything about camacho being a nazi' post again but this time it's about how the poor need to starve and die in a loving ditch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."

upgunned shitpost posted:

it's the 'after ten minutes of googling I can't find anything about camacho being a nazi' post again but this time it's about how the poor need to starve and die in a loving ditch.

This is what happenes when you read what you want to read. And understand what its of better convinence to you to understand.

They don't deserve to starve and rot in a ditch, well for me, not all of them. The ones that live for robbing and kidnapping and stuff like that, they should. The working ones should recive help.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the working class, absent strenuous efforts from a strong central government, is going to be unemployed a lot of the time. it's pretty much a core part of how capitalism functions - these people are pushed to the margins and made to stay there, and fluid employment is one of the big mechanisms to that effect. even in well-designed welfare states, this happens - and from that indignity arises crime. working-class psychopaths become gangsters, whereas middle-class ones become real estate agents or stock brokers

MikeStmria
Aug 13, 2019

"So it begins.."
I agree with you, but I am not specifically talking about people who work as a like workers. Most of the income of Mexico comes from "ilegal" work, not regulated work, like selling candies on the street or taco stands or juice stands in the side walks and stuff like that.

I legit know people who wake up at 4:30am every day to make by hand over 200 sandwiches to sell at 8am. This are the people that I am refering to as the ones who I consider need help. Not some other people, like a friend of mine that complains how he barely has moeny for food, but doesn't works, or doesn't has food because he "needs to live his life" and instead goes out partying.

Capitalisim like every other system has good things and bad things. Sucks that the rich get richer and the poor more poor. But also creates some oportunities like being able to have more than what you have and it doesn't matter your social status.

Addressing this last point and taking back the juice stand. A few years ago the gov disolved/privatized one of the electricity providers companies. OFC most people went on strike and what not. NEar where I live there is a sub station. A few of the guys came together and started making juice to sell to the people that were there on strike and that the cars that where going through the street. This gusy where too part of the strike.

After a few months they made so mnay sales that they will run out of juice just 1 hour after opening. There will be cars in line to buy a juice. To this day they are still in the same place (I have no idea how much thay sell now) but last time I bought a juice in there, they said that "It was the best thing that happened to them". They sell more things than just juice, but I hope you see with the point of creating oportunities.

I don't think Capitalisim is the fix to everything, nor other economic models. Everything is just bound to have good and right, and we should take what makes us more good from the good and take what makes us less bad from the bad.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

MikeStmria posted:

Capitalisim like every other system has good things and bad things. Sucks that the rich get richer and the poor more poor. But also creates some oportunities like being able to have more than what you have and it doesn't matter your social status.
Yeah the things I like about capitalism are that it is the only way to get more stuff and also because it engenders an egalitarian society with very little class conflict - it certainly doesn't require that to even exist that's for sure!

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

MikeStmria posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T-DOs7xP7U

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah I missed that last time:

MikeStmria posted:

you're a pretty colossal god-damned idiot MikeStmria hth

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

funny thing about capitalism: owning capital has, for the last 100 years, been more profitable than working, i.e. the system encourages ownership over work. so yes, in a sense social status doesn't matter much: however, if you've inherited anything, that matters quite a lot

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Funny thing. In Colombia even the energy sector workers don't want fracking.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'm going to start setting up juice stands around my city. Anybody else want in on this surefire investment?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Pictured above: an extremely successful entrepreneur

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

funny thing about capitalism: owning capital has, for the last 100 years, been more profitable than working, i.e. the system encourages ownership over work. so yes, in a sense social status doesn't matter much: however, if you've inherited anything, that matters quite a lot
Yeah it sucks that a small handful of people live like Gods, while the poor pitiful billions scrounge in the dirt for their next meal. But I'm ok with that, cos as long as there's an occasional chance for one or two of these wretched creatures to ascend to Mount Olympus, I'm sure one of them will be me if I just do the right things!

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
*lives in a country ravaged by extremely violent criminal bulk goods salesmen whose main market is the largest capitalist economy ever*

More capitalism will solve this.

Also lol at the classic latin american hereditary meritocracy

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Negrostrike posted:

Pictured above: an extremely successful entrepreneur

ArnieD
Apr 1, 2015
I mean, I'm Mexican too and even by Mexican standards MikeStmria seems particularly clueless, uninformed and stupid.
The guy doesn't even have the convictions to stand behind his dumb opinions, this polite attitude of "Jeez guys, I agree, maybe I'm wrong ... [inserts poorly researched reference not really supporting his claims] [inserts stupid anecdotal evidence]" It's really annoying.
What are you doing? you're embarrassing

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

he's an idiot by pile of poo poo standards. every month or so some fantastic loving moron has to come in here with terrible opinions on how poor people should die faster, it's just his turn I suppose.

on the brightside, he's too stupid to paper over his lust for blood with oas propaganda. nice change of pace.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

upgunned shitpost posted:

he's an idiot by pile of poo poo standards. every month or so some fantastic loving moron has to come in here with terrible opinions on how poor people should die faster, it's just his turn I suppose.

on the brightside, he's too stupid to paper over his lust for blood with oas propaganda. nice change of pace.

yeah at least he's going with "look at all my lovely opinions!" right out of the gate, it took months for the previous anti-AMLO guy to get to the "those murdered students were no angels!" point of no return

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
I don't get why everyone that shows up questioning left-wing leaders get piled up by everyone here. Everyone has their own opinion and look at things from different perspectives. I'm also mexican and I see it from the perspective of a 34yo single middle class citizen. AMLO has done some good stuff and has done some bad stuff.

I don't agree with his decision to cancel the airport construction, I think it had different ways to resolve the corruption there without saying gently caress it and and pay for an airport that will never be built. I like his social welfare platform, but I think it can be improved vastly. He made some very unrealistic promises campaigning, so he will be held to those when the time comes for people to decide if this government can continue or not, whatever that means.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Merely having your own opinion and proving to everyone you're an ignorant bigot are very different things.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

El Chingon posted:

I don't get why everyone that shows up questioning left-wing leaders get piled up by everyone here. Everyone has their own opinion and look at things from different perspectives. I'm also mexican and I see it from the perspective of a 34yo single middle class citizen. AMLO has done some good stuff and has done some bad stuff.

I don't agree with his decision to cancel the airport construction, I think it had different ways to resolve the corruption there without saying gently caress it and and pay for an airport that will never be built. I like his social welfare platform, but I think it can be improved vastly. He made some very unrealistic promises campaigning, so he will be held to those when the time comes for people to decide if this government can continue or not, whatever that means.

He is not getting poo poo because he questioned a left-wing leader, he is getting it for arguing in bad faith and trying to pass prejudices as facts. And also because he is dumb as gently caress

THS
Sep 15, 2017

El Chingon posted:

did you read the guy’s posts? it’s the most ignorant “lazy poor people buying iphones!!” level of total bullshit - it’s not really worth seriously engaging with

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
So, meanwhile in Bolivia, after even post-coup polling showed strong MAS numbers, the fascists found the perfectly democratic way to ensure that there won't be a MAS majority in the free and fair elections in march:

https://twitter.com/pagina_siete/status/1204773674924040193?s=19

They're simply declaring that the areas, chapare/cochabamba, that are most heavily MAS supporters "do not respect the rule of law", and therefore there can't be elections held there. Seems to me like their new partnership with Israel is already bearing fruit in innovative democratic solutions!

Meanwhile, sieg-heil-Camacho was just speaking in Washington

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/10/us/mexico-genaro-garcia-luna-public-security-secretary-arrested/index.html

quote:

"Garcia Luna stands accused of taking millions of dollars in bribes from 'El Chapo' Guzman's Sinaloa Cartel while he controlled Mexico's Federal Police Force and was responsible for ensuring public safety in Mexico," Donoghue said in the statement.

One thing righists loved to say was how Calderon's escalation was neccesary to fight the cartels, but isn't it kind of bad that the guy he put in charge of it ended up taking money from the cartels?

Just another one for the pile of "Calderon's drug war was a huge mistake" evidence. It was very telling from the start that they weren't going after some guys. And loving Calderon was in the know, since he loves to tweet how a president should always know about everything that happens in his administration.

Also, no way this was going to be found out if the PRI-PAN won. Wonder how many will try and go with the "I didn't know that guy" Trump defense?

El Chingon posted:

The airport was a white elephant from the start. I mean, it's so nice to approve that super modern airport if that also means the next government will have to be the one to foot the bill, and even more if it leads to super huge gains for your pals who so just happened to buy land around it for building projects. It was either throw more money in the hole, or just take the hit for ending it.

In short, AMLO is a man of contrasts. :v:

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Spice World War II posted:

So, meanwhile in Bolivia, after even post-coup polling showed strong MAS numbers, the fascists found the perfectly democratic way to ensure that there won't be a MAS majority in the free and fair elections in march:

https://twitter.com/pagina_siete/status/1204773674924040193?s=19

They're simply declaring that the areas, chapare/cochabamba, that are most heavily MAS supporters "do not respect the rule of law", and therefore there can't be elections held there. Seems to me like their new partnership with Israel is already bearing fruit in innovative democratic solutions!

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Is it wrong that I love wikipedia vandalism regardless of how stupid it is?

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
So last week, Camacho disavowed his former ally Pumari after a tape with a recording of Pumari asking for money and gaurantees in return for his support as a VP candidate was leaked.

Now, this happens live on air:

http://twitter.com/wyattreed13/status/1205895600962752512

:ironicat:

This is the same CNN journalist who just last week got a medal by the interim government for his "courageous reporting". The weeks of the long knives seem to really have begun

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
are there any coup defenders left ITT? anyways lets see how the legitimate non-fascist government of Bolivia is doing

https://twitter.com/BadEmpanada/status/1205611787917414400

oh, i see

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Wobbuffet fainted a few weeks ago after confusing Counter for Mirror Coat every single time, and they haven't been taken back to the Pokémon Center yet

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I don't think anything in the article will be news to anybody in this thread but the new LRB has a pretty good summary of what's happened and happening in Bolivia that could be a very useful guide to show to people outside this thread who aren't avid followers of Latin American politics:

https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v41/n24/tony-wood/what-next-for-bolivia

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

vyelkin posted:

I don't think anything in the article will be news to anybody in this thread but the new LRB has a pretty good summary of what's happened and happening in Bolivia that could be a very useful guide to show to people outside this thread who aren't avid followers of Latin American politics:

https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v41/n24/tony-wood/what-next-for-bolivia

This is really well written and just about perfect for forwarding. Thank you.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
Colombia continues the slow burn protests

https://twitter.com/ElAmplificadorC/status/1206703029086572546

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
https://twitter.com/RancidSassy/status/1208807418014162944

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

love to laugh at people being thrown in concentration camps. i am very anti-authoritarian and very normal.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Silver2195 posted:

love to laugh at people being thrown in concentration camps. i am very anti-authoritarian and very normal.

lol

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Silver2195 posted:

Ever heard the phrase "hoisted by one's own petard"

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Silver2195 posted:

:qq:
yes, laughing at these dipshits' misfortune is both normal and anti-authoritarian

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Silver2195 posted:

us-backed traitorous soldiers trying to overthrow a democratically elected government should be put into concentration camps, actually

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

They belong in happy detention centers where the children are not dying.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

uninterrupted posted:

us-backed traitorous soldiers trying to overthrow a democratically elected government should be put into concentration camps, actually
Well, no, they shouldn't. But, in a world where justice doesn't exist, this will have to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Silver2195 posted:

seeing the price of trusting the United States to hold up its end of the deal being paid by people who have it coming is a welcome change from the norm, let's put it that way.