Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Principal Hellmann
Jul 29, 2006
"I'm sending you to dentention FOREVER, LIEMAN!"
the first 9 seasons are good and no one needs to fight over them damnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Them's fightin' words

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

spaceblancmange posted:

Them's fightin' words

That's a paddlin'.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I'm one of the weirdos who actually likes season 1s animation, but I like it because it looks goofy. You can see some great poo poo just from pausing at random moments. Like this lol

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Isn't that from the rejected 1st ep?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What about a RObot with a human brain?

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.

Data Graham posted:

What about a RObot with a human brain?

I've always loved this.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I’m glad they got rid of the twist, it’s something that definitely didn’t work from the early days

Nov 24, 2014

Empty Sandwich posted:

They're on the church marquee as the Be Sharps, despite the fact that they haven't fired Wiggum and picked a name yet.

Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for th⟩at blunder.

Wait, "The Be Sharps"?

I always thought it was "The Bee Sharps".

Beetle > Bee
Beat > B♯
Beatles > Bee Sharps

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

226 posted:

Wait, "The Be Sharps"?

Beetle > Bee
Beat > B♯
Beatles > Bee Sharps

i believe you are thinking of The Beets

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

AstroWhale posted:

Isn't there some Buddhists that do that?

The type of Buddhism introduced in China treats Buddha as a god-like deity.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I recall seeing a mid-2000s Christmas episode of the Simpsons that had an ending that was surprisingly respectful about the holiday and included biblical passages stated without sarcasm or mocking. I thought it was very kind. But all I caught was the ending, so I don't have anything else. Confirm/deny anyone?

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

Eclipse12 posted:

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I recall seeing a mid-2000s Christmas episode of the Simpsons that had an ending that was surprisingly respectful about the holiday and included biblical passages stated without sarcasm or mocking. I thought it was very kind. But all I caught was the ending, so I don't have anything else. Confirm/deny anyone?

'Tis the Fifteenth Season?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

226 posted:

Wait, "The Be Sharps"?

Beetle > Bee
Beat > B♯
Beatles > Bee Sharps

I was gonna claim "dollars in dues" here but you have a drat good point

Liverastic
Jul 25, 2004

Analytic Engine posted:

I was gonna claim "dollars in dues" here but you have a drat good point

I remember thinking it was cool because there is no B# in the musical scale. Therefore none of it was real.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

226 posted:

Wait, "The Be Sharps"?

Beetle > Bee
Beat > B♯
Beatles > Bee Sharps

the additional B stands for the joke "to be sharp"

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

We need a topic that's witty at first, but that seems less funny each time we discuss it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

does that mean its time to have the chuck's gently caress and suck "discussion" again

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I say it’s funnier if Homer had seen someone yell at their shoes before Hank Scorpio threw his

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
That in particular was Dan Castellenetta's real reaction/ad-lib to Brooks' ad-lib, so anything's possible

They need to release the hundreds of hours of Albert Brooks outtakes from that and all the other previous episodes he guest voiced in

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
Been catching up on this thread over the weekend and it has been far more entertaining than the last new episode I saw

When you watch the newer ones the movie is alright by comparison but then again that's over 10 years old

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

charity rereg posted:

i believe you are thinking of The Beets

Dougtalk:

The Beets fan bus left him and Skeeter behind in the middle of nowhere, and they got into a car with a strange man claiming (no evidence) to be old friends with the band

Also the Beets went broke in the lovely Disney show except for the green girl who's a personal finance genius

Killer tofuuuuuuuu

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

The revival series episode where the opioid epidemic made its way to Bluffington was really tone deaf

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Do you think next year Bart will say "OK Boomer" to Homer, or will it take until 2021?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CodfishCartographer posted:

Do you think next year Bart will say "OK Boomer" to Homer, or will it take until 2021?

He’ll say it to grandpa since he’s the boomer now in the current continuity.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

CodfishCartographer posted:

Ok, Hoomer will be the name of an episode in two years.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

pooch516 posted:

Two years is a little soon, I'd put my money on 4 years.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

pooch516 posted:

the kids could call you hooju!

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Analytic Engine posted:

Dougtalk:

The Beets fan bus left him and Skeeter behind in the middle of nowhere, and they got into a car with a strange man claiming (no evidence) to be old friends with the band

Also the Beets went broke in the lovely Disney show except for the green girl who's a personal finance genius

Killer tofuuuuuuuu

that episode is wild because the chaperone on the bus just loving leaves them there. they were 6th graders! he goes to check on everyone else and just leaves two kids, then despite sitting next to them at the diner, doesn't notice they aren't there.

though the guy who takes them to the show is actually a Cop, so they were actually in more danger than anyone realized as skeeter is nonwhite.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I forget how old I was when I realized that green people were Latinx, purple people were Jewish, and blue people were black, but I remember it hosed ME UP and I couldn’t ever watch it the same again.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
And what colour are white people? Why, normal, of course

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
The first two seasons had very loud footsteps. It seems like every second scene had echoing footsteps clunking in the distance.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bust Rodd posted:

I forget how old I was when I realized that green people were Latinx, purple people were Jewish, and blue people were black, but I remember it hosed ME UP and I couldn’t ever watch it the same again.

Oh wow. Wow. Thank you Bust Rodd. I actually mean it this time. This explains so much

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
In retrospect, Doug loving sucked.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

He was a real wiener of a character.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Houle posted:

The first two seasons had very loud footsteps. It seems like every second scene had echoing footsteps clunking in the distance.

Simpsons did it first

:hehe: true

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I don't remember enough of this to dispute it

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

If you suck out all the conflict, character, and humour from Hey Arnold! you'd get Doug.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Yeah, it did. It really had some lovely values and lessons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Recess is still super good, and even better than I remembered.