Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

you need some maiden and Megadeth and sabbath and dio and Judas Priest at least then jeez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Agh, I miss Rock Band so much, what memories.

I sort of let it go after getting into a bad relationship, switched to Rocksmith to learn REAL GUITAR, and gave away the toy instruments (they were beat to hell anyway).

But drat if I don't miss playing with other people, the drums, etc.

Rocksmith is cool, but different. You can't just jump in and ROCK to new music.

Rock Band was just loving fun. Oh and they had A+ song choices, Rock Band probably defined my 00's in music taste, discovered so many new and old artists.

I'd still play it today if I had the instruments, but I don't even remember my Xbox login (it was a 360, I wonder if online even works).

Looking around, it seems Harmonix made an early attempt at VR and that killed off the company for good? Looks like even MadCatz went bankrupt. Instruments are apparently scarce, and can only be bought 2nd hand or off shady people on craigslist?

So anyway, my hope is maybe they announce something for the next generation of consoles?

I'd be there on day 1. I skipped this PS4/XBOX1 generation, but I've realized lately that my life really benefitted from the game, it was a good hobby. I had thousands of dollars in DLC, I wouldn't mind buying everything again for a new gen.

Somedays I'm working out or going somewhere and I hear songs I used to love in Rock Band and it just reminds me how much fun that was.

Please come back Harmonix

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

harmonix still exists and is still putting out rock band content, but nobody with the resources to make giant plastic instruments is crazy enough to dump a ton of money into doing that because it already bankrupted madcatz

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I understand, I just hope that, maybe, Next Gen they announce a new run of instruments and an updated version of RB4... And I'd be down to rock.

Looking at their webpage, it's been 3 years since the last game release, and they're still hiring...

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I understand, I just hope that, maybe, Next Gen they announce a new run of instruments and an updated version of RB4... And I'd be down to rock.

Looking at their webpage, it's been 3 years since the last game release, and they're still hiring...

they just put out audica and twitch sings in the last couple of months, dance central vr earlier this year, and there's an unannounced ncsoft funded game that I assume they're working on

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Kaboobi posted:

they just put out audica and twitch sings in the last couple of months, dance central vr earlier this year, and there's an unannounced ncsoft funded game that I assume they're working on

So what you're saying is... there's hope

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Wow, for the first time in a long time, I'm buying all three DLC.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Audica is quite good, and Rock Band VR seems neat but they made it exclusive to one particular brand of headset only on PC seemingly forever.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Pirate Jet posted:

Audica is quite good, and Rock Band VR seems neat but they made it exclusive to one particular brand of headset only on PC seemingly forever.

oculus paid for it so

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Finally pulled my instruments out of storage and played a bunch of Christmas customs for a party, it was a huge hit :unsmith:

Unfortunately I went against my better judgement and used the wireless mic since I coudln't find my third. The drat thing somehow produced screeching feedback even after forcibly pulling the batteries out, I had to reset the whole console just to resume. Stuck to the two wired mics after that and all was good.

Also learned that I should just put keys on pro mode, easy, every time. Cann't say how many times I've had to explain regular keys to someone; it's just not intuitive to look for those tiny color stickers at the middle C.

Not much else to say except RB3 still owns!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ton of customs coming out right now too. What a Fool Believes and Marquee Moon :monocle:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have we ever gotten more Placebo?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Minidust posted:

Also learned that I should just put keys on pro mode, easy, every time. Cann't say how many times I've had to explain regular keys to someone; it's just not intuitive to look for those tiny color stickers at the middle C.

Not much else to say except RB3 still owns!

One day I hope someone makes a HDMI switcher with hacked firmware that can crop and scale lanes to different outputs.
Then Pro Keys and Drums can have their own "front of house" screens.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Manuel Calavera posted:

Have we ever gotten more Placebo?

We can't tell you that! It would defeat the purpose!

I'll see myself out...

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BrewingTea posted:

We can't tell you that! It would defeat the purpose!

I'll see myself out...

Boooo

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anyone have any word on if there is anything even in the pipeline to fix this super long load time thing that has been happening the past month or so?

I'm getting pretty ready to just throw in the towel.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
It’s in the patch notes for one of the current alpha builds

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Thank goodness.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

They're was a post on Reddit r/rockband where a dude asked if there was any possible way to buy more songs.... on Rock Band 2 Wii.

That poor soul.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I busted out the drums to play the new songs this week...always good to see that I'm like the worst person trying it. I guess everyone left playing are insanely good drummers.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Retiring from the guitar because my wrist is too stiff when I wake up every morning. It's been a good run.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I bought a full setup for xbox over the holidays, having had wii controllers from back in the day. Feels really good to play some new songs! is there a goon crew? I'm not great but I'm at least still playing this dead game. Still not totally sure what the crew thing does, I'm guessing it's just leaderboard stuff? I have no interest in playing online beyond that really.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Seriously, this is the second or third time Harmonix has put Chandelier in a "happy song" challenge. C'mon, I know people don't listen to lyrics, but, um, they're right there, you know?

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

atholbrose posted:

Seriously, this is the second or third time Harmonix has put Chandelier in a "happy song" challenge. C'mon, I know people don't listen to lyrics, but, um, they're right there, you know?

Yeah, and Boulevard of Broken Dreams immediately struck me as one hell of a weird pick as well.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

They just laid off the person who was making all of the challenges last week so 🙃

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Fellow Drumladies and Drumlords, I just set up my Ion Drum Rocker with my 360 for the first time in ages. The pads still work perfectly but the cymbals don't register hits well at all, you really have to whack them to register jack. I've opened them up and made sure that everything inside is still sturdy, the piezoelectric sensor is still firmly in place and all the wiring is good. I've ventured into an area of YouTube last explored around by humans somewhere around 2008 but haven't been able to find anything useful as far as potential mods or repairs go.

I've actually looked into getting some of the Pintech TC10 cymbals as replacements as they run about $32/ea on Amazon as a replacement, but it looks like I'd need different boom arms as the ones that came with my Ions have a triangular head that keeps the cymbals facing in one direction. If I need to get new booms and other new hardware I start running into the point where a brand new Alesis e-kit isn't that far out of reach, and I already have the MIDI adapter.

If you're still holding your pro drums together with love and tape what are your tips for either fixing the cymbals or replacing/upgrading parts?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Fina posted:

Fellow Drumladies and Drumlords, I just set up my Ion Drum Rocker with my 360 for the first time in ages. The pads still work perfectly but the cymbals don't register hits well at all, you really have to whack them to register jack. I've opened them up and made sure that everything inside is still sturdy, the piezoelectric sensor is still firmly in place and all the wiring is good. I've ventured into an area of YouTube last explored around by humans somewhere around 2008 but haven't been able to find anything useful as far as potential mods or repairs go.

I've actually looked into getting some of the Pintech TC10 cymbals as replacements as they run about $32/ea on Amazon as a replacement, but it looks like I'd need different boom arms as the ones that came with my Ions have a triangular head that keeps the cymbals facing in one direction. If I need to get new booms and other new hardware I start running into the point where a brand new Alesis e-kit isn't that far out of reach, and I already have the MIDI adapter.

If you're still holding your pro drums together with love and tape what are your tips for either fixing the cymbals or replacing/upgrading parts?

Just get the real kit, man. Apologies to everyone as I know I’ve said it multiple times in here, but I got a Roland TD4Pv (I liked the Alesis, but the Roland folds away to the dimensions of a folded clothes horse and that seemed worth the extra $100 with the insane headunit as well) years and years ago now and it has taken some drat abuse (not just physical hits - booze spilt all over it). Not even the slightest hint of any troubles. (And even if there was, replacement pads or cymbals will always be available).

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

Agreed, real kit! I started with a Craigslist home grown Pintech w/ Roland brain dirt cheap and that worked great for years w/ readily available parts. Then I fell down the rabbit hole as I got better and started to be able to actually drum outside of Rock Band. Now I have a Roland TD-25KV but I still use it to play Rock Band several times a week. Hella fun!

Lord Zedd
Dec 25, 2011
The Goons Playing Tunes crew has been pretty quiet this season, so wanted to say the aim is bloodstone this week in case you haven't been checking the app.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Thanks for the feedback on the drums, I think I'll splurge on a kit next week.

Going back through my RB3 library has me wondering though. I know they had the Harmonies project to retroactively add/fix harmonies in old songs. Have there ever been any project to fix the missing/incorrect Pro Drums mapping in early RBN 1.0 songs or is that impossible?

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Fina posted:

Thanks for the feedback on the drums, I think I'll splurge on a kit next week.

Going back through my RB3 library has me wondering though. I know they had the Harmonies project to retroactively add/fix harmonies in old songs. Have there ever been any project to fix the missing/incorrect Pro Drums mapping in early RBN 1.0 songs or is that impossible?

RBHP did that as well.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Wow, I saw the name and didn't look into what else it did. Thanks for that. Got it installed now.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
Finally got this game after 4 years. I've been into Rock Band since the beginning, but I really couldn't justify buying an Xbox One since this would pretty much be the only game I would ever play on it. A cheap one fell into my lap the other day, though, and I finally got to give it a go.

I used to be pretty good at guitar & vocals (and keys), but I can tell I have some rust to shake off.

If anyone is active on Xbox and wants to add me, my tag is Jokymi (I used to be KyleIII). I've still got a few of you in my list it looks like, even after all this time.

I'm really glad they finally added a countdown for idle sections of songs. That is a feature I've wanted since the series debut. It would have made playing keys a lot less annoying in 3.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/1229782698752909322

a good week

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Hannibal Smith posted:

Finally got this game after 4 years. I've been into Rock Band since the beginning, but I really couldn't justify buying an Xbox One since this would pretty much be the only game I would ever play on it. A cheap one fell into my lap the other day, though, and I finally got to give it a go.

I used to be pretty good at guitar & vocals (and keys), but I can tell I have some rust to shake off.

If anyone is active on Xbox and wants to add me, my tag is Jokymi (I used to be KyleIII). I've still got a few of you in my list it looks like, even after all this time.

I'm really glad they finally added a countdown for idle sections of songs. That is a feature I've wanted since the series debut. It would have made playing keys a lot less annoying in 3.

I’m playing several times a week and catching up on buying dlc and need some friends for leaderboards. I also stumbled into Xbox one ownership recently.

Live name is MaikaMonroe

I need to join the goon crew too.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Stan Taylor posted:

I need to join the goon crew too.

I will send you an invite as soon as I determine who the least active member on the roster is. If you are one of the following Xbox Live accounts and would like to not be kicked, please speak up now:
  • Legeidus
  • DancinBrud
  • JoeSlapBass

edit: Invited MaikaMonroe. DancinBrud, you were the weakest link; good bye.

Beelzebozo fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 19, 2020

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
If another slot opens up, I'd love an invite. I'll probably be fairly active for a while. (tag is Jokymi)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Beelzebozo posted:

I will send you an invite as soon as I determine who the least active member on the roster is. If you are one of the following Xbox Live accounts and would like to not be kicked, please speak up now:
  • Legeidus
  • DancinBrud
  • JoeSlapBass

edit: Invited MaikaMonroe. DancinBrud, you were the weakest link; good bye.

I'm pretty sure JoeSlapBass isn't a goon and hasn't played this season. So even though they were great to have around when they played, it might be worth opening up their slot as well to get Hannibal in.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

King Burgundy posted:

I'm pretty sure JoeSlapBass isn't a goon and hasn't played this season. So even though they were great to have around when they played, it might be worth opening up their slot as well to get Hannibal in.

Oh, you're right lol. OK, I kicked that player for the slot. Will invite Hannibal the next time I'm on my console. You used to be able to send crew invites from the phone app, but that feature disappeared. And I'm not exactly holding my breath for more development work on that app. But yeah, MaikaMonroe is in, and I'll invite other new person shortly. Thanks to Zedd for keeping our bloodstone streak alive btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Logged on to accept the invite last night. I still don’t know how the crew stuff works really but I hope I don’t drag you guys down a rank or two! I mostly play guitar but I’m practicing on the drums more. I can fc easy songs on guitar and generally not fail out on most of the rest. It’s feels a little pointless sometimes seeing the guys who can just do every song flawlessly but oh well.