Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Andrew Yang do not read this

Yang’s Wife: hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

No. A train.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Bip Roberts posted:

yang unironically needs a blimp tho

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Space Camp fuckup posted:

That was a pretty good interview. I’m not sold on UBI as a fix-all but he comes across as someone who sincerely wants to help people who are struggling, which is more than you can say for nearly all of the Democratic field.

UBI is, at best, a starting point, not the end point of restructuring society. But I agree it's not going to fix all that much. Yang reminds me of the engineers-turned-economists from the 19th century who realized that the economy doesn't make much sense if people can't afford to buy the consumer goods they're helping produce and come up with elaborate yet ultimately self-defeating ideas

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

look we all like blimps but history demands a train

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Shakenbaker posted:

inquire about candidate “Robert La Follette” via telegram!

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I've been really enjoying Teen Fight Radio lately, just a fun concept. I have no real idea what the kids are actually doing these days because I'm a grizzled, leading edge millennial but it's still a lot of fun and if you aren't listening you're missing out

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Shakenbaker posted:

I've been really enjoying Teen Fight Radio lately, just a fun concept. I have no real idea what the kids are actually doing these days because I'm a grizzled, leading edge millennial but it's still a lot of fun and if you aren't listening you're missing out

it's good

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

UBI without robust social programs, services or protections is basically a really fast way to launder money to rapacious entities who are going to be extracting money from people who would most benefit from it. like if you don’t fix structural issues it is just dumping it into the same structural money pits that already imperil people... just imo...

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Shakenbaker posted:

This goon gets it

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
The chapo today describing all the lib dem remain morons as hosed up perverts was pretty good

They have one single issue (brexit) and they can't even support that successfully, due to working hard to split the vote and give the tories a win

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah I was getting mad at them yelling over the gory bits - dude those are the funniest parts. This is what the story is building towards.

https://twitter.com/gumby4christ/status/1204282235945402369?s=20

I'm actually shocked that a show like that is allowed to exist under the auspices of a mainstream US publication

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbD1XDhKr8U

i always thought the rose emoji poo poo was lame but i had no idea how bad the DSA really was, no wonder they have members writing fanfics about john loving bolton

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Has anyone listened to 'Around The Empire'. It's about the shenanigans of the american empire, I listened to a couple of eps featuring Elijah Magnier who's a solid middle east journalist and who's done the rounds on radio war nerd a few times

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Percelus posted:

i always thought the rose emoji poo poo was lame but i had no idea how bad the DSA really was, no wonder they have members writing fanfics about john loving bolton

The DSA is an organization with thousands of members that doesn't have a large barrier to entry, every organization like that will have a few cranks/spooks within it. I don't think these dipshits are in a position of power there, or are representative of them as a whole

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Well yes, now

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Percelus posted:

Don't pay attention to DSA Online

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Centrist Committee posted:

Don't pay attention to Online

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

mila kunis posted:

The DSA is an organization with thousands of members that doesn't have a large barrier to entry, every organization like that will have a few cranks/spooks within it. I don't think these dipshits are in a position of power there, or are representative of them as a whole

Jason Schulman writes for Democratic Left and is, last I checked, on the International Committee. And I think several of the signatories write or have written for Jacobin.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
drat the cum town thread in RGD got shut down for some reason

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Krazyface posted:

drat the cum town thread in RGD got shut down for some reason

posting retard in honour of fyad

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Farm Frenzy posted:

wonderful.

I've never been a fyad person but those little bits from the trans thread I saw from one of the QCS thread were really lovely. not sure how the mods can stick the landing after the both-sides probing but here's hoping

a close friend of over 20 years had a hell of a thanksgiving this year because a family member internet detectived that they dated a trans person for few years. they got a whole lot of that rural bible belt "tough love" and no one at the dinner table spoke up in defense, because why would they? what I saw of that thread was like getting a little window into what was rolling through the heads of people at that table.

we had a bunch of beers about it the next couple days and last I heard they were doing okay, but my buddy was stunned at how venomous and hateful the whole thing was. turns out some people are just loving terrible

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Prince Myshkin posted:

Jason Schulman writes for Democratic Left and is, last I checked, on the International Committee. And I think several of the signatories write or have written for Jacobin.

He should be given the chance to write a confession where he self criticizes himself for his actions against fellow anti imperialists. Then subject to a light struggle session.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Crowsbeak posted:

He should be given the chance to write a confession where he self criticizes himself for his actions against fellow anti imperialists. Then subject to a light struggle session.

He's not an anti-imperialist.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Anybody who's willing to sign on to something Idrees Ahmad wrote is probably a humanitarian interventionist freak who still thinks Libya was the right call.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Gross

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Anybody who's willing to sign on to something Idrees Ahmad wrote is probably a humanitarian interventionist freak who still thinks Libya was the right call.

Alright. Time for a purge then.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

we came :blastu: we conquered :blastu: he died :rip:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

yeah but what about all the liberty and freedom we airdropped on them

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
wait does Idrees Ahmad have loving guernica as his Twitter header/background/whatever? :psyduck:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Farm Frenzy posted:

it's a surprisingly large design space

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Citations Needed on Forensics was good and depressing

but lol that Adam Johnson almost went on a tangent about "actually libertarianism was originally a left wing ideology." Nima saying politics are downstream from culture meant both the hosts got in a solid terrible take

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The term was first used by left-wing anarchists, wasn't it?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Atrocious Joe posted:

Citations Needed on Forensics was good and depressing

but lol that Adam Johnson almost went on a tangent about "actually libertarianism was originally a left wing ideology." Nima saying politics are downstream from culture meant both the hosts got in a solid terrible take

Adam Jensen is correct as is Nima deal with it

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

The term was first used by left-wing anarchists, wasn't it?

it is but that battle is long lost

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

T-man posted:

Adam Jensen is correct as is Nima deal with it

politics isn't downstream from culture

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Politics and culture are downstream from my peepee

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

much like the arrowhead and pressure flaking, politics was invented one day by one of our ancestors pounding two rocks together

in this case, nothing resulted and the excuse as to why laid the root for what we know today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Algund Eenboom posted:

Politics and culture are downstream from my peepee

I am gargling the piss all the time