Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Good. Lord. Does the FYAD brigade in QCS have nothing better to do with their time? They're still going?

Some of the more heinous poo poo being posted in there aren't even FYADers, just other weirdos who cannot and will not live if you take away their slurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

Yeah, the transphobes are still all circlejerking about how unstable and mentally ill all trans people are and how funny and cool transphobia is. This is going on 36 straight hours I think.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Let the shitbags out themselves. They should have grown past this poo poo by now and know it's unacceptable.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Cartoon Violence posted:

gently caress off, transphobe.

Out of context all you saw was someone saying "they're all mentally ill" and you immediately assumed it must be referring to trans people?

Crowetron posted:

Some of the more heinous poo poo being posted in there aren't even FYADers, just other weirdos who cannot and will not live if you take away their slurs.

Or it's alt accounts, which there are more than zero of on SA

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Also right now there is only an earnest discussion about smilies with ableist names going on in QCS

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Out of context all you saw was someone saying "they're all mentally ill" and you immediately assumed it must be referring to trans people?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
idea: a forum for people to discuss issues with the forums and the moderation
reality: everything that ever happens in QCS

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dumb Lowtax posted:

gently caress off transphobe

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

idea: a forum for people to discuss issues with the forums and the moderation
reality: everything that ever happens in QCS

It neeeeds a slowmode at the very least.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Who What Now posted:

I understand why you're on edge, but no. It's not that hard to go back a couple posts in my per-thread list to see the messages in question.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I enjoy people publicly demonstrating that they don't get FYAD.

This poo poo gets posted constantly but to date I don't think anybody has followed this up with what their own, obviously correct view of fyad is so it's an extremely wimpy burn tbqh

The only thing to "get" there is mental illness. That's what you're seeing in there and actually why FYAD is inscrutable to everyone normal. Big surprise that the place that invented internet griefing a bajillion years ago attracted actual psychopaths, the sort of crazies who enjoy online astroturfing and manipulative bullying of unsuspecting people as a hobby. They're genuinely funny and charming psychopaths.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I mean I don't have a beef with FYAD or any history, I just hate psychopaths and I think I've seen enough threads manipulated into a consensus by the same names who post in this FYAD thread that for a while I've felt comfortable with putting a label on it. They brag about it in there where practically no one reads.

No, "mentally ill" never referred to trans people.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

pentyne posted:

I'd love for a D&D, CSPAM culling of all the pro-fascist tankies but I guess that's a lot more complicated because they don't outright deny genocide and the Holocaust they just dance around the issue in a pseudo-intellectual way using 200 words when 20 would suffice.
This is simple. Ask them if the Holodomor happened. If they deny it, ban them.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Good. Lord. Does the FYAD brigade in QCS have nothing better to do with their time? They're still going?

Well they don't have FYAD any more so where else are they going to post?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I get it though, a huge problem in all forums disputes is how difficult it is to keep track of usernames and who's been supporting which side. It's why FYAD regulars in QCS were able to pass themselves off as neutral observers even when talking about FYAD. For the same reason it would be really, really easy for one person with a lot of alts to create the appearance of consensus everywhere they go, so if all my paranoid posting does is move the idea "oh yeah, alts are a thing that exist sometimes" out of the back of people's head then that's good enough for me.

Happy Thread has a new favorite as of 04:31 on Dec 11, 2019

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Terrible Opinions posted:

This is simple. Ask them if the Holodomor happened. If they deny it, ban them.

I've heard that a lot of the hubbub surrounding that is less about whether it happened and more about whether it was intentional or merely the result of catastrophic mismanagement. I'm far too dumb to offer any opinion on that but I don't think "did it happen y/n" would be a particularly useful test of anything.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

For example, I am a Dumb Lowtax alt.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

You may have recognized my unique style of posting coming from my alt, Moon Slayer.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

It me. Ariong

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Maybe I'm the one on SA who's least likely to have alts, because no one has agreed with me ever in any recent thread

They do exist though, are impossible to detect in the absence of mistakes, and the number of them loving with conversations is more than zero. I can't think of any kind of forums overhaul that would even make it harder to have alts short of making accounts cost way more.

Happy Thread has a new favorite as of 04:37 on Dec 11, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ariong posted:

I've heard that a lot of the hubbub surrounding that is less about whether it happened and more about whether it was intentional or merely the result of catastrophic mismanagement. I'm far too dumb to offer any opinion on that but I don't think "did it happen y/n" would be a particularly useful test of anything.

If millions of people die due to "catastrophic mismanagement" then the powers that led to those deaths are still 100% accountable regardless of how intentional it was.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Maybe I'm the only one with demonstratably zero alts, because no one has agreed with me in any recent thread

e; oops, wrong window

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Ariong posted:

Fine, change the question to " Stalin good/bad?"

Even if I personally view most tanky winging about numbers of dead Ukrainians as being on the same level as Nazis claiming the Holocaust was actually a Typhus epidemic, or Brit apologists talking abouyt the Bengal or Irish famines, or white supremacists being like "well there was no native genocide in America, they died of plagues and who can control that?". Yes something else technically killed a bunch of them, but it was the lovely regime you're defending that directly put them into that situation with either the intent of killing them or not giving a poo poo about killing them.

Terrible Opinions has a new favorite as of 04:36 on Dec 11, 2019

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Good at being bad and bad at being good.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

If millions of people die due to "catastrophic mismanagement" then the powers that led to those deaths are still 100% accountable regardless of how intentional it was.

Even if I personally view most tanky winging about numbers of dead Ukrainians as being on the same level as Nazis claiming the Holocaust was actually a Typhus epidemic, or Brit apologists talking abouyt the Bengal or Irish famines, or white supremacists being like "well there was no native genocide in America, they died of plagues and who can control that?". Yes something else technically killed a bunch of them, but it was the lovely regime you're defending that directly put them into that situation with either the intent of killing them or not giving a poo poo about killing them.

Could be. Again, cannot stress this enough: Very very dumb.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Also if you're familiar with tankies at all the same talking points crop up a lot because they're not interested in an analysis of the Holodomor, they're interested in defending Stalin's USSR. Look for poo poo like "it was the last famine in the USSR so Stalin's plan ultimately worked (technically true, but for much of the Cold War it was in fact importing food from the US of all places, it wasn't self-sufficient)," "Stalin had to do it to defeat the nazis (uh, ok tankie)," "the dead were kulaks who deserved it (ooookkkkkkkk there tankie)."

Anyway, I'm a Lowtax alt.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Ariong posted:

drat, almost had our first volunteer!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
someone that dumb shouldn't be in charge of anything, which is why I assume, I've never been asked to mod anything, even though I'm totally willing to do it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm surprised FYAD had that many active posters left to ban. IIRC it had basically the same amount of regular posters as TGRS, but shrinking.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

10 posters, average of 5 alts each, all of them left signed in on FYAD in different windows. I think the math adds up.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Sid Vicious posted:

Also right now there is only an earnest discussion about smilies with ableist names going on in QCS

It's hard to keep up with what is earnest and what is just fighting to fight, but did someone just really take issue with :ironicat: or am I just too stupid/tired to unravel the joke

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm surprised FYAD had that many active posters left to ban. IIRC it had basically the same amount of regular posters as TGRS, but shrinking.

FYAD was just one poster and the rest were alts.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
im glad i logged off cuz i would NOT have been able to work with this poo poo going down

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Is the QCS HR Rep account the only mod with buttons in there? I hope they don't get burned out trying to unpack all the poo poo going down in there over the last 2 days.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I think someone needs to tell Lowtax that FYAD is his Old Yeller.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Inceltown posted:

FYAD was just one poster and the rest were alts.

Turns out, Barnacle Jim had an incredibly deep sense of self loathing.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Crowetron posted:

Is the QCS HR Rep account the only mod with buttons in there? I hope they don't get burned out trying to unpack all the poo poo going down in there over the last 2 days.

I thought QCS HR rep was an account shared among multiple mods.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Seriously.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
I can't quote it, I think cause the thread is locked now, but QCS HR Rep just posted that there are five pages of reports for QCS. I think the purge is going to continue for awhile.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Given the poo poo going on IRL for Lowtax right now letting him not have poo poo burn down around him here is probably a solid thing.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

`Nemesis posted:

It's hard to keep up with what is earnest and what is just fighting to fight, but did someone just really take issue with :ironicat: or am I just too stupid/tired to unravel the joke

Its hard to say with Paladinus they don't even believe in the casting couch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The kids get a new Old Yeller at the end of that too!