Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

MoonKnight
Jul 14, 2018

Agnosticnixie posted:

Hunger dice feel honestly contrived to enforce a particular style of play hard and the fact that being better at something makes you more likely to frenzy no matter what that thing is is honestly, just no.

Oh you botched the hunger die at a violin recital? Sorry this somehow makes you frenzy.

... your ST is doing poo poo on the rules, then, and not running them per the book. A Bestial Failure (which is when you don't get enough successes to achieve the Diffiuculty of the task, plus one of your Hunger Dice comes up a 1) doesn't result in a Frenzy, they result in a Compulsion (or one of the other choices given, if the ST doesn't want to use Compulsions). The ST should be choosing a compulsion that matches the scenario where the character is at. For your example, a Bestial Failure might present as a Hunger Compulsion, and the person playing the violin does so with a push towards 'drawing in someone by making them rapt with the music'. The music may be good (but not good enough to pass the difficulty of what they were trying to accomplish with the violin piece, thus the failure), and so the vampire's Hunger tries to push to the fore and the vampire wants to slake those interested in their less-than-masterpiece violin playing. Or you might have your Clan Compulsion, which would be more easily tailored to that situation depending on the clan. There are options. None of them are 'lol Frenzy time!'

If your ST is making all the Bestial Failures into Frenzies, then that's on them, not the rules as written.

Arcturas posted:

Not having played it, I can absolutely see hunger dice dragging things down. I like the idea that hungers always there, but maybe there’s a middle ground? Or a way to home brew hunger to be more than a thing you worry about once every 5-6 sessions, and instead something you address maybe once a session? But not in a way that always screws up the game.

A character can get by plenty fine on 1 to 2 Hunger. The averages in that scale are in the single digit percentages of getting a Messy Critical or Bestial Failure. Everyone acts like you're constantly running around at HUnger 4 and 5 (and I guess if you're playing vampires that throw powers left, right, and center... then yeah, you're overusing your resources).

Everyone also seems to blithely ignore some of the talk in the book about rolling only when it's dramatically appropriate, and the 'take half/auto success' rule for non-dramatic dice rolls (where you take half your dice pool as automatic successes against something you aren't pressed for time on, or isn't something suitably dramatic to need a roll). Basically it reflects your competence in that the Beast isn't drawn out by you having to do 'stressful' work (IE: dice roll).

Bogart posted:

Personally I like to throw out the rule about attributing human rights violations in Eastern Europe to a vampire scheme but that’s me

And so did Paradox, who wrote out that section for the actual printed version of the Camarilla book!

joylessdivision posted:

Yeah it's this. Not everyone who comes to Vampire has played table top before, adding a tangible risk/reward element to using your cool vampire powers adds something to give the players to work with.

Also I feel like a bit of narrative helps with the hunger rising, LA by Night does this, with the storyteller acting as the voice of a characters Beast when their hunger rises, adding some additional narrative for the players to work with as they RP an internal struggle with their hunger.

This is not in the book (at least not that I saw, I may have missed it) but I feel like it's a really excellent way to work the hunger into the game in a way that gets the players thinking beyond "3 squares are filled in on the sheet"

Yeah, that's not really in the book. Jason embellishes (and forgets/purposely leaves out tons of rules, so... *shrug*).

Arcturas posted:

Mot having played it, it seems like there are two related problems here. First, the consequences of the bestial success or failure are a little too high. Second, the system wants you to spend a lot of table time to try and avoid the danger (time roleplaying a hunt, instead of just rolling seduction or night time creepy stalking or whatever).

Would it work to just decrease the consequences of the hunger? Treat it more like one of the enemy crits from the Star Wars/Genesis games? Because in addition to always reminding you that you’re a vampire, it seems like mechanically what they are doing is adding a success-with downside or fail-with more downside mechanic. That’s pretty similar to threats/dark side crits in the Star Wars world. Say that instead of a stain or full on masquerade breach when you bestial success, you instead got penalties to your roll for the rest of the scene or whatever, as your beast interfered with your actions?

The 'tear out a dude's throat' is a pretty extreme messy critical though. The ST should be adjudicating your messy critical based on the action you're taking. Trying to break into a building and need to climb a wall? You climb like a drat hunting cat, looking obviously inhuman as you scuttle up the girders like a hunting cat. If someone sees you it's a potential Masquerade breach (and thus an RP thing to deal with), but if you're in an area where peopel can't see you, it's... not anything. People bitch about the failures/crits based on the MOST EXTREME VERSION and the conceit of 'I'm doing everything in sight of humans and using my powers 24/7/365 non-stop'.

MEchanically though, providing a penalty to your dice rolls going forward (and not doing something that mitigates whatever Hunger you have in addition) is just going to force more Messies/Bestials, since you have less dice with which that stuff is mitigated (especially true on Bestial Failures which require you to beat the difficulty of the task).

And you can just straight up roll a hunt roll, that's literally the first thing in the section where it talks about hunting. People focus on the 'here's all this stuff about hunting narrative' because, well, it's something that wasn't OH GOD THE FOCUS in prior editions and it's something new to bitch about. When seriously, the book says 'roll these dice and say it's this much time and move the gently caress on'.

Dawgstar posted:

So kinda like in Bloodlines. And also like in Bloodlines where if they're not 'innocent' you can do what you want.

It's highly dependent on the chronicle tenets you create. The Tenets could be 'Don't kill except in self-defense' which is a common one in V5 groups, for example, which makes it not quite function the same way.

The book is fairly straightforward that monstrous actions should always give stains regardless of the Tenets (like the suggestions of giving Stains in Cauldron of Blood [which boils a fucker alive] or Brutal Feed [which is a vampire drinking a human and collapsing them like a loving Caprisun]) as well. But basically Stains are predicated on violating the Tenets set down by the game, violating your own personal Convictions, and any of the pre-defined actions like Embracing someone or your Touchstones being 'injured'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warthur
May 2, 2004

In case people missed it when it was raised in the TG as an Industry/TG Chat threads: Zak S has sued Mandy Morbid for exposing what a shitter he is. There's a GoFundMe for her legal fees; if you were as annoyed by Swedracula hiring Zak to make a V5 browser game as I was, maybe send something her way.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

I'm studying Egyptology so I'm absolutely contractually obligated to back Mummy and titter at how silly it is while having a (hopefully) grand old time, so I'm glad I checked in and found out the KS existed before it was over.

But why in the name of fresh gently caress is there a flat $50 international shipping fee for a hardcover copy. I thought it might just be to cover printing costs, but the US has no such cost. Fifty loving dollars, regardless of whether it's going to London or Turkmenistan.
$5 off if you're in Canada though. Doesn't cost as much to pay off the guards to let such a heavy, dangerous and fragile package over that border.

Will probably just go lower for a PDF and pick up a hard copy locally if it really strikes my fancy and it probably won't cost me a hundred US Dollars.

Cerebulon fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 1, 2019

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Cerebulon posted:

I'm studying Egyptology so I'm absolutely contractually obligated to back Mummy and titter at how silly it is while having a (hopefully) grand old time, so I'm glad I checked in and found out the KS existed before it was over.

But why in the name of fresh gently caress is there a flat $50 international shipping fee for a hardcover copy. I thought it might just be to cover printing costs, but the US has no such cost. Fifty loving dollars, regardless of whether it's going to London or Turkmenistan.
$5 off if you're in Canada though. Doesn't cost as much to pay off the guards to let such a heavy, dangerous and fragile package over that border.

Will probably just go lower for a PDF and pick up a hard copy locally if it really strikes my fancy and it probably won't cost me a hundred US Dollars.

I'm American and went for the $30 POD thing. If I decide I really want a physical book, I can have one printed later.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
This is basically how shipping things out of the US works now.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Cerebulon posted:

But why in the name of fresh gently caress is there a flat $50 international shipping fee for a hardcover copy.

It's part of what's making America great again.

:barf::patriot:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Hey Goons, so my V5 chronicle podcast is finally released.

https://www.legionpodcasts.com/bay-area-by-night-chapter-1-strange-days/

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Speaking of V5, the White Wolf reddit occasionally is a veritable gold mine of hilarity. :allears:

I'm kind of surprised that more books haven't focused on that sort of social manipulation outside of "the olds hate technology, the young know how to use it" thing that is common across both games. Though now i'm wondering what other sort of social media burns and memes could be applied to Vampire.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Dec 5, 2019

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Today's childer doesn't know how to keep house and serve, all they know is anarch thaumaturgy, break blood bond, thaumaturgy Hot Hands and lie

edit- disciplines aren't gifts from Caine they're manifestations of the Qashmallim, but y'all ain't ready for that conversation. TEA EMOJI, TEAMOJI.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Everyone quietly mutes Elder Mago's Facebook account when he posts the status "Google Charles II Spain hurt comfort fanfiction mature."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Legit question for rural vampires- how do I kill the 30-50 feral lupines that raid my Haven within 3-5 mins while my Childer perform rituals to my magnificence?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The Fog of Ages brings strange dreams, and thus when an ancient vampire reawakens in modern nights, ready to live again, he begins responding to all of his foes with 'ok, boomer' and no one dares explain to him the original context.

God, I love the Fog of Ages conceits in nVamp.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Neonates post especially egregious examples of Elders loving up modern-day norms to the "Please show to the PrimoJim ! ! HA ! ! HA ! !" Facebook group.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I posted this before, but one of my werewolf players bought some contact points with outside werewolves and flavored it as the facebook shitposting group Wholesome Wolfposting. Which is what we renamed our ooc chat afterwards.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Soonmot posted:

I posted this before, but one of my werewolf players bought some contact points with outside werewolves and flavored it as the facebook shitposting group Wholesome Wolfposting. Which is what we renamed our ooc chat afterwards.

Shouldn't it be Howlsome Wolfposting?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
gently caress

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Cairnal Lust, Light Incairnate, Comedians in Cairns getting Coffee

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
The new Trinity rules are out, has anyone read through the new rules? I don't remember much discussion during the Kickstarter for it. I'm mostly curious about how the rules compare to the Scion games.

Free Cog
Feb 27, 2011

Hunters Entertainment is going to develop Werewolf: The Apocalypse 5th Edition.

This reminds me that I should check out Kids on Bikes, like I always keep meaning to.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

neaden posted:

The new Trinity rules are out, has anyone read through the new rules? I don't remember much discussion during the Kickstarter for it. I'm mostly curious about how the rules compare to the Scion games.

They're more developed in some ways. Chsracter creation still uses the three Paths. One new element is Edges, which are like Merits of OWoD. Stuff like Danger Sense, Wealth, Fighting Styles, etc. There are also "Enhanced Edges" which are generally obtained after character creation. Like, somebody with 5 dots in Wealth could buy Loaded, which gives/inflicts a dot of Fame and represent being Tony Stark wealthy.

Trinity Core is set in the modernish era and the base splat is Talent, which are the new version of Daredevils from the old Adventure game. They use Inspiration and their Gifts remind me of slightly more potent versions of the Heroic Knacks. They can also use Dramatic Editing which can range from "As they fled, the bad guys dropped a clue" to (with GM's permisson) "Despite the fact that I'm in a sauna clad in a towel, I pull my katana/AK-47/rocket launcher from beneath the towel when they attack" (actual example from Highlander: The Series)

Trinity Aeon is set in the future circa 2123 and brings in Psions. Psions have psychic powers ala Carrie or Firestarter that are focused on one general Aptitude like Psychokinesis (Carrie and the Firestarter girl would both be psychokinetics), Telepathy, Teleportation, etc. Unlike the subtler Gifts and Heroic Knacks, these are full-on obvious uses of power in an "I lift the dude off the ground and set his rear end on fire with my brain" way. One thing currently only available to Kickstarter backers is the Aeon Aexpansion, a supplement getting into more technology and also detailing rules for creating Superiors (artificial Talents originating in Japan but becoming more widespread) and Psiads, natural "Psions" who can use more than one psionic aptitude thought can't reach the upper levels of power like Psions. Also, Talents are still very much a thing in Trinity Aeon and one could easily imagine a team of Talents and Psions (and including Superiors and Psiad).

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Free Cog posted:

Hunters Entertainment is going to develop Werewolf: The Apocalypse 5th Edition.

This reminds me that I should check out Kids on Bikes, like I always keep meaning to.

They're still going on about "transmedia" IP, I see

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Everyone posted:

They're more developed in some ways.

Everyone covered the major game-specific standouts better than I could (I don't have the books and have to depend on what I have heard), but a thread I remember seeing on the Onyx Path forums pointed out something that it would take somebody with both the Scion and Trinity books to cover fully: Scion and Trinity use slightly different versions of the core Storytelling System resolution. Not only do Trinity's Edges work differently from Scion's Birthrights, but there are subtle but significant differences in basic rules.

The one example I am familiar with is that, in Trinity, it is possible to roll an attack against somebody, hit them with it successfully, and fail to do damage, because in Storypath you often distribute your rolled successes among different effects or "stunts," and in Trinity, dealing damage is a 1s stunt. If your success total exactly meets the Defense of the opponent, then your attack succeeds, but with no successes left over to buy the damage stunt. In Scion, dealing damage is an 0s stunt unless the opponent has Soft Armor, meaning if your success total exactly meets the opponent's Defense, with no successes left over to spend on stunts, you still deal damage normally.

I don't know how many other subtle differences there are like this, but they seem worth observing.

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS

a messed up horse posted:

You roll a Hunger die for every point of Hunger you have, whenever you need to roll for anything besides a check on a single die.

There's two kinds of rolls where Hunger dice can gently caress with you: Messy Criticals and Bestial Failures. A messy critical is when you roll a critical (at least two 10s in one roll) and one of the Hunger dice is a 10. You succeed, but you likely go overboard with it due to your Beast sticking its nose in. Like instead of knocking out a guard, you rip his throat out and now there's that to deal with. It's success with a nasty cost, where you end up breaching the Masquerade, or gaining a stain on your humanity, or losing a dot in a Merit/Background/Loresheet, or whatever else the ST dreams up.

Bestial failures are when you don't roll enough successes and also one of the Hunger dice is a 1. When this happens, you not only fail whatever it was you were trying to do, you get some other nasty thing to deal with - either a compulsion (roll to find out what kind of an rear end in a top hat you're going to act like), or if your group doesn't want to RP those you could instead end up losing a dot in one of your Merits/Backgrounds/Loresheets, taking a point of aggravated damage, or increasing your Hunger by one (so next time you get even more Hunger dice to roll - whee!)

You can spend a point of Willpower to re-roll up to 3 of your dice (not Hunger dice), which allows you to try to mitigate these. Willpower is a kind of mental/emotional Health bar, that can get damaged in social conflicts and can be used to resist frenzying.

As neaden said above, it becomes more of an issue the more often you have to roll for anything, because you're more likely to see those Hunger dice come up 1 or 10 the more often you roll them. When you have several dots of Hunger (because every time you use a Discipline above level 1 you have a 50/50 chance to increase it, and every night you wake up you have the same chance), it can start getting obnoxious. If you don't want to deal with the negative effects of Hunger you're probably either feeding multiple times a session (which you can do in combat, to be fair) or you're sticking to level 1 Disciplines and avoiding rolls as much as possible.

Or you can play however you want and roll the rear end in a top hat Dice when your ST tells you to. It's gonna happen more often you wish it would.

It's also worth noting that neither of these results, messy crits or bestial failures, involve a frenzy. You don't lose control of the character or go nuts. They don't even inherently devolve into violence. The Bestial failures, as an example, involve gaining a compulsion towards something like "hunger" "dominance" "paranoia" or clan specific. Mechanically, each imposes a 2 die penalty towards actions not fulfilling the compulsion. Contextually, each has examples for guidance depending on the situation, with suggestions for social contexts, violent contexts, or solitary contexts. So, a bestial failure while doing some research alone doesn't make you go nuts and burn down a library; if you got the hunger compulsion it might mean (per the book suggestions) you get too distracted to work and end up finding the nearest nightclub to hunt. In either case, reducing your hunger by at least 1 ends the compulsion.

Actual frenzy tests are only suggested as a result of hunger dice when you're already at hunger 5, and as a result of a bestial failure the ST decides your hunger goes up by 1 instead of giving you a compulsion or other negative effect. Hunger frenzy checks can occur outside of the hunger dice effects in much the same way as in previous editions as well. Ironically, in most situations you are less likely to suffer a hunger frenzy in v5 than in class V:tM; I haven't done the comparable math for V:tR, but eyeballing it I think it should be in a similar ballpark as v5, maybe a bit easier:

V:tM (20th) - roll self control (so 1-5 dice pool for most characters). Target number could vary, but 6-8 is the suggested range. Need 5 cumulative successes, and at least 1 each turn to avoid falling into frenzy.

V:tR (2e) - resolve + composure (so 2-10 dice for most characters), minus 2 to 4 dice depending on hunger level. Target number 8+, need at least 1 success. Can spend a bunch of willpower and 4 turns to add 4 dice to the roll.

V:tM (5e) - roll willpower (2-10 dice for most characters, though situationally it may be lower due to expenditures/damage) + 1/3rd their humanity rounded down, so 0-3 dice. Target Number 6+, 2-4 successes needed depending on the difficulty.

The added persistence of hunger effects in regular actions may still not be everyone's cup of tea, of course. But the frequency of randomly occurring frenzied violence in v5 isn't actually that different from the other WW vamp versions.

Desiden fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 7, 2019

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

They're still going on about "transmedia" IP, I see

What does that mean?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What does that mean?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjB8XXw9y70

but it's got a new word in front of it, you see, and somewhat fewer flamethrowers.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nessus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjB8XXw9y70

but it's got a new word in front of it, you see, and somewhat fewer flamethrowers.

Ah.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Mors Rattus posted:

God, I love the Fog of Ages conceits in nVamp.

That they mostly got rid of it was a shame. It and the predator's taint, despite being a royal pain in the rear end when used mechanically as it was written really hammered home the lovely situation vampires were in.

Edit: Also, all the fake social media jokes are just great. :allears:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What does that mean?
Swedracula's nebulous plan was to bring his beloved LARP culture back in a big way by making everything else in the WoD subordinate to it. Groups would report whatever their bullshit was and it would become canon for books, games etc.

Him being him, aka an ideas guy aka a dumb rear end in a top hat, it never even really got past the elevator pitch stage. He's like the very sad kid who used to come into my work and tell me all about he was going to make a super gaming PC with two motherboards

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Basic Chunnel posted:

Swedracula's nebulous plan was to bring his beloved LARP culture back in a big way by making everything else in the WoD subordinate to it. Groups would report whatever their bullshit was and it would become canon for books, games etc.

Hearing this I'm actually kind of impressed with him. I knew Swedracula was obsessed with trying to relive the dumbest poo poo of the 90s, but I didn't realize how MUCH dumb 90s poo poo he was still obsessed with.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Basic Chunnel posted:

I remember that West End's TORG game did something like this with their Infiniverse. Groups would play through modules and also vote on various story hooks/rumors/etc. The stuff with the most votes became part of the official game canon. I really liked it as a way to involve the players/consumers in the creation process. I remember that the vote was that the poorly written, combat monsters only final module, War's End received an overwhelming "False" because players/groups thought it was stupidly bad.

That said, wouldn't LARPers be a relatively small percentage of overall RPers? In my experience most people went the tabletop route. Figure giving so much influence to a relatively tiny percentage of group would tend to skew results.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Everyone posted:

That said, wouldn't LARPers be a relatively small percentage of overall RPers? In my experience most people went the tabletop route. Figure giving so much influence to a relatively tiny percentage of group would tend to skew results.

Tabletop players don't tend to organize nationally and charge dues. And yeah, I think it skews results.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I will say, as a LARPer first and tabletopper rarely, the experiences and playstyles of a single coterie reacting to a single dms world of npcs is WILDLY different than a global org and 30+ pcs and 3+ staff.

In some ways, LARP is a lot closer to the vampire experience because it has so many pcs woth thsir owns plots vs a story crafted for 3-5 players

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Shrecknet posted:

I will say, as a LARPer first and tabletopper rarely, the experiences and playstyles of a single coterie reacting to a single dms world of npcs is WILDLY different than a global org and 30+ pcs and 3+ staff.

In some ways, LARP is a lot closer to the vampire experience because it has so many pcs woth thsir owns plots vs a story crafted for 3-5 players

And that's fine, but if I'm a GM with, call it 3-4 players who are each investing $80.00 + tax minimum (Chronicles of Darkness and Vampire: The Requiem hardcover) plus more for me as the GM, it kind of sucks that the only folks getting votes are the LARPers.

I don't know, but presumably the process works like it did for TORG with each module/situation having a set group of potential outcomes whatever any individual GM did with his/her group. Like:

The Prince died / The Prince lived

If the Prince died, then which of W, X, Y or Z took over the city (with a space for Other for unlikely events).

The werewolves were destroyed or accepted peace or took over x territory.

Even if nonLARPers are closer to the Vampire experience, there's no reason others can't get a vote in the above way.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I've ever been part of a tabletop game where we actually played a pregen adventure that wasn't a one shot. And I've never done one in WoD.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Soonmot posted:

I don't think I've ever been part of a tabletop game where we actually played a pregen adventure that wasn't a one shot. And I've never done one in WoD.

I've done it a few times (more when I was a beginning GM). Mostly if I do get a pregen, I'll do major surgery on it so it fits with whatever group I'm running for.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Soonmot posted:

Weren't some of the NWoD ones supposed to be pretty good? Rise of the Exarchs and those SAS system ones?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Arivia posted:

Weren't some of the NWoD ones supposed to be pretty good? Rise of the Exarchs and those SAS system ones?

I thought they were at the time. Even so, every group is different. During my now defunct TORG: Eternity game, I did use at least the bones of some of the pregen adventures. Still, every adventure in TORG: Eternity makes the assumption that the PCs are working for the Delphi Council (think a private semi-official version of SHIELD) and my bunch was not. So at the very least everything making reference to orders/supplies/information gotten from the Delphi Council had to be reworked to fit their situation.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

White Wolf is long gone from Stone Mountain, GA, right?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
White Wolf is gone, period. CCP fired everybody years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

OPP is where most of the WW alumni are from what I understand.