Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Unkempt posted:

Not sure why I made this

:byodame: loving HELL IT'S THE WALLET INSPECTOR! GET HIM!

Edit: I HAD £164 IN MY WALLET AND THAT MOTHERFUCKER TOOK IT! HE SAID I'D HAVE IT BACK WITHIN 6 WEEKS BUT IT'S BEEN 7!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Braggart posted:

Take a break from all of this, please. You want to do good, and you are, but you must look after yourself. Eat little bits when you can make yourself do so. A single grape (or whatever) can get your digestion going and help with a little blood sugar boost to make having more food easier. Get some real food inside you because crap alone will make you feel worse, but don't feel bad if you need a little crap. This is a very difficult time.

You're awesome, take care of yourself. We've got this :glomp:

During ramadan, Muslims often break their day-long fast with dates. Might be worth a try.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

stev posted:

Gove stonk

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Powerful stong hit

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Chuka Umana posted:

[Charles Kennedy] died like two weeks after he lost his seat

Following the death of his father a month earlier and an abuse campaign orchestrated by the local SNP convener and his good friend Ian Blackford.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

:what:

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Sanford posted:

Greggs vegan roll is nicer than the meat one unless you particularly like the slimy salt tube they call a sausage.

Don't think Gove visits Greggs tbh

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Susanna Reid's face here is amazing

https://twitter.com/LeftoriumThe/status/1204677253428400130

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

Why is Dec 12th a bad day?

Leaving day at a bunch of universities, and Christmas party day for a bunch of workers.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
It's irrational but I can't help hating these people more than actual Tories.

https://twitter.com/rafaelbehr/status/1204664854264586241

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
When will people learn about non-binding referendums

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1204707481668206592?s=19

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

peanut- posted:

Holy gently caress this smarmy, self-absorbed oval office. :fuckoff:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Communist Thoughts posted:

any point in me voting tactically in edinburgh north? its close between SNP then Labour then Cons, i'm of two minds since i dont want the cons in but i figure if the cons split anyone its gonna be the SNP so labour might be a better bet

Angepain posted:

Hi fellow Edinburgh North And Leither! I see we've both been having the same dilemma.

The line that we've been giving people- and it's a line I do personally believe- is that this is the Tories' ceiling in N&L.

Labour and SNP combined have 65.2% of the vote in the constituency. Even if they split that perfectly between them, 32.6% each, the Tories would still be in third place. By five points. And that's their best case scenario. If we're imagining defections from this binary, who are they and where are they going? Are the Tories picking up Leaver Nats? Rich, pro-Union, Leaver Nats? I'm not convinced that's a large intersection. Well-off, pro-Union, Leaver Labs? Bigger, but if you're in that group and you were going to defect, why didn't you do it in 2017?

Lib Dems? Even if we do manage to envision a Lib Dem/Tory switcher in the year of our lord Ultra-Brexit (there will be some, voters are strange creatures), even if they took the entire Lib vote it wouldn't put them over the line. Labour or SNP to Lib is more of a danger but with the Dems on 4% here and Swinson's car crash performance it seems unlikely.

Your final option is changes in turnout disproportionately benefiting the Tories. That'd mean falling turnout, practically, which again does not seem likely.

I'll also say that the reception we've been getting on stalls and on doors in N&L has been improving every week. This last weekend we couldn't keep leaflets on the stall they were going out that fast.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Crace has remembered to knife the Tories again so it's a good column today https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/10/boris-johnson-jcb-polystyrene-bricks-campaign-john-crace-sketch

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

quote:

Nigel Farage is speaking at the campaign event in Doncaster now.

He says he expects the Conservatives to win. But he says that he thinks Britain will face by another Brexit crisis in May, when the government comes under pressure to agree to an extension to the transition period.

He is now complaining about there being too much nastiness in politics. Brexit party candidates have faced horrible abuse, he claims.

Why can't I hold

all these tiny violins

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
I dont have a tv licence and got rid of anything remotely close to broadcast tv/on demand stuff since I just watch youtube. Is there any good known youtubey type places to watch the votes roll in tomorrow evening that wont impinge on my strict 'dont give tv licence people any excuse ever' policy? I am the kind of masochist that wants to watch every moment roll in sort of because the last two times I've slept through the fanfare we've ended up with tories

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Darth Walrus posted:

Leaving day at a bunch of universities, and Christmas party day for a bunch of workers.

Who has their xmas party on a Thursday?

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Bardeh posted:

I think the big thing with this election is just how tight a few key seats are, and no poll can accurately predict the tiny swings needed to potentially flip a seat one way or another. So the reason this poll today has gotten the Tories nervous is that if a few more Lib Dem/Green voters swing to Labour (and we're talking just tens of thousands of voters nationwide) it has the potential to really turn the result on its head. The Tories also need an outright majority because nobody else is going to prop them up this time. The DUP might, but they'd demand changes to the deal that Boris can't agree to and still GeT bRexIt DoNe

(I'm replying to the part I've bolded.)

Bingo. Even if they do well out of the election, the Tories have a gigantic challenge ahead of them: getting Boris' garbage deal through parliament. Everyone knows what that means and what's at stake. Boris needs a majority to make it happen, or we just collapse his government. And he can't get a majority. Control of a hung parliament is his best realistic outcome.

And I think we're going to do better than that :getin:

:ntlised:

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Igotadigbick posted:

I dont have a tv licence and got rid of anything remotely close to broadcast tv/on demand stuff since I just watch youtube. Is there any good known youtubey type places to watch the votes roll in tomorrow evening that wont impinge on my strict 'dont give tv licence people any excuse ever' policy? I am the kind of masochist that wants to watch every moment roll in sort of because the last two times I've slept through the fanfare we've ended up with tories

This thread! I've not watched any important politics live in the past couple of years, the rolling updates in this thread are amazing (especially if you can't have sound on becasue work/people sleeping/both).

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

peanut- posted:

So now, alongside refugee and homeless, we have exile. How long until graun writers describe themselves as being in a political concentration camp being made to politically labour until they politically die?

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Igotadigbick posted:

Why that will be the UKMT Praxiscast live stream of course.

Come join us for only the hottest of takes and liver failure due to alcohol poisoning.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

peanut- posted:

'but the mural' is the 'but her emails' of 2019

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Tsietisin posted:

Why that will be the UKMT Praxiscast live stream of course.

Come join us for only the hottest of takes and liver failure due to alcohol poisoning.

It's going to be fun! Praxiscast best cast.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Igotadigbick posted:

Sky News do a live Youtube feed. Theoretically as you're watching as-live you need a license for it but as it's the international feed you could make the argument you're actually watching Azerbaijani live TV, not British.

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

Tesseraction posted:

The vegan sausage roll has almost exactly the same amount of fat comically enough. I remember looking at its fat/saturates and :eyepop: ing until I looked at the normal one and it was only a percent different.

Looking into it, it has more protein than the regular one which is pretty interesting...more salt too though. I don't think anyone is going into Greggs to look for health food however so I'm going to gloss over these facts.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/christopheslade/status/1204708715452125186?s=19

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

tbf Greggs sandwiches have some really health ones, but yeah if you're going for a sossie roll you go for comfort not diet

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CyberPingu posted:

Who has their xmas party on a Thursday?

anyone sensible because it's a sanctioned do-gently caress-all friday. And then on the real friday you still get to spend it with people you like instead of stand.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

peanut- posted:

Yes it is too much to ask, you loving melt!

Face reality. This is your choice. Pick one.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Anyone got that recent video of Brown backing Corbyn?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Jesus loving christ.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

2017 youth turnout wasn't record breaking but it was much better than the historic low of 2015. Assuming we'll have another record low youth turnout seems like a very dodgy assumption.

MR.B
Mar 15, 2007

I am the Owl
God I hope Labour wins tomorrow.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

It is extremely satisfying watching the entire media class break down wailing about being 'politically homeless' as if that wasn't the case for the rest of us for our entire lives up until about two years ago.

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

Chuff McNothing posted:

anyone sensible because it's a sanctioned do-gently caress-all friday. And then on the real friday you still get to spend it with people you like instead of stand.

My office is doing exactly this next week and I fully expect nobody more senior than myself to make it in before 11.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

I'm getting awfully pissed off with our clp. I posted that Jonathan Pie thing to our private FB group, and it got taken down. The explanation was it was sweary (sigh, ok) and it might make people angry. So it should! That's the loving point! Starting to suspect we have a hive of Blairites. Time to research how to oppose the chair (who I have never seen) and fight on two fronts. That always works out, right?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Irony Be My Shield posted:

2017 youth turnout wasn't record breaking but it was much better than the historic low of 2015. Assuming we'll have another record low youth turnout seems like a very dodgy assumption.

They were just registering for the *checks urban dictionary* bants on the TickTox

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

peanut- posted:

Nah, it's totally rational. Tories are Tories, these sorts are aware that Tories are bad but all they want are Tories but less racist /xenophobic.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

It took me a lot longer than it should have to get that. Even that seems like such innocent ancient history nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Trickjaw posted:

I'm getting awfully pissed off with our clp. I posted that Jonathan Pie thing to our private FB group, and it got taken down. The explanation was it was sweary (sigh, ok) and it might make people angry. So it should! That's the loving point! Starting to suspect we have a hive of Blairites. Time to research how to oppose the chair (who I have never seen) and fight on two fronts. That always works out, right?

Please don't engage with Jonathan Pie, he's co-written by one of the LM/Spiked crew of unhinged free speech obsessed weirdos.