Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Badger of Basra posted:

“Local rules require you to log in to see more pictures” <:mad:>

Good thing there is another 9000 MLS aggregation websites out there https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4315-West-St-Oakland-CA-94608/24750032_zpid/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
I suspect the chandelier was removed from its normal space and hung in the garage because it does not convey with the house. i.e. the sellers are keeping the chandelier to put in their new house.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Found this ages ago and just came across it again - a converted gym at New York City Police Headquarters.

Alternate link with 30 photos

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 11, 2019

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Owns

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Definitely need seating for 40 at all times

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm the sex spectating chairs.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm the sex spectating chairs.

Kinked set moved to NYC?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Why is there a statue of a woman floating horizontally under the stairs?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

Why is there a statue of a woman floating horizontally under the stairs?

Warmest place.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

The Bloop posted:

Definitely need seating for 40 at all times

just lol if you don't think this is for throwing sex parties 24/7

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PRADA SLUT posted:

just lol if you don't think this is for throwing sex parties 24/7

That upholstery doesn't seem conducive to that sort of thing

Also, who would want dozens of fertility idols at their sex party?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Bloop posted:

“Creepy old men” like Elon Musk.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

The Bloop posted:

That upholstery doesn't seem conducive to that sort of thing

People who want the thrill of being reminded unprotected sex can have ramifications above and beyond mere STDs.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Sirotan posted:

Good thing there is another 9000 MLS aggregation websites out there https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4315-West-St-Oakland-CA-94608/24750032_zpid/

The best thing about the zillow listing is that it starts out as fairly norm-bad and then descends into crazy-town starting at photo #13

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If you're making a sex party headquarters you don't decorate in white.

Although I guess the Le Corbusiers are black so you never know

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Heres a dumb question about brooms/vacuums that probably belongs in another thread but o well:

I've seen those central vac things that integrate into your floor molding so when you're sweeping up you just kinda kick this thing and a little port opens up and you can sweep all the crap in there. Do they make those as standalone devices? Just like a dustbin sized thing I can sweep my floor toward and it'll collect it all? basically a roomba without wheels i think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0iQnXbJk-0

This kinda thing but not something you'd need to destroy a security deposit to implement, just a standalone unit, preferrably bagless. Right now I'm considering buying a new hand vac and frankensteining my old one into something acceptable

Platystemon posted:

They’re called “electric dustpans” or “stationary vacuums”.

THANK YOU I couldn't figure out the term without getting a million other results

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 13, 2019

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They’re called “electric dustpans” or “stationary vacuums”.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
someone show this to beatmasterJ, wherever he's at

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Awww yeah, that hits the spot.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

luxury handset posted:

Wow what an incredible series of coincidences

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Munki posted:

Wow what an incredible series of coincidences

The odds must be astronomical

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
That's actually pretty great and I love it and want it. Do I just hop into the incinerator now, or is there a form to fill out first?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

luxury handset posted:

That's gorgeous.

Who knows where tiles end up. Total mystery.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Honestly, the fact that the grout lines line up so we'll is pretty impressive to me, a person who tiled his own house. But this is probably trivial to a pro.(?)

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
It certainly helps that the squares look like they're 2'x2' and the rectangles look to be 1'x2'. As long as you start them all in the same row off screen to the left, it seems like it would just end up that way.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

falz posted:

It certainly helps that the squares look like they're 2'x2' and the rectangles look to be 1'x2'. As long as you start them all in the same row off screen to the left, it seems like it would just end up that way.

No it’s three small tiles to a big tile so its 2’x2’ and 8”x2’

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
Yeah you're right. Still all divisible by 24" so probably easy*

*I'd find a way to gently caress it up though

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Yeah they get you in the grout thickness, I am sure thats how I’d screw it up

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

No it’s three small tiles to a big tile so its 2’x2’ and 8”x2’

If I had to guess, it's 6x18 and 18x18 based on that escutcheon around the pole. It's actually not a good installation though, despite the groint joints lining up. when you set rectangular tiles you should never go more than 1/3 running bond (that is an example of 1/2).

On the other hand that picture has been around for a while so it might be from before the TCNA made that decision (about 10ish years ago IIRC).

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

AFewBricksShy posted:

groint joints

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

luxury handset posted:

That's absolutely delicious, that is.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

AFewBricksShy posted:

It's actually not a good installation though, despite the groint joints lining up. when you set rectangular tiles you should never go more than 1/3 running bond (that is an example of 1/2).

They did it this way so the lines running the other way would also line up.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

AFewBricksShy posted:

when you set rectangular tiles you should never go more than 1/3 running bond (that is an example of 1/2).

Why is this?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Wouldn’t 1/3 mean 2/3 on the other side though? How can you not go more than a third? Unless I’m misunderstanding what you mean.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

See... no one knows where tiles end up

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Went to a bar last night that was otherwise unremarkable, but the wallpaper in the bathroom showed painted monkeys drinking vodka straight out of the bottle and I really want that for my place.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Badger of Basra posted:

Went to a bar last night that was otherwise unremarkable, but the wallpaper in the bathroom showed painted monkeys drinking vodka straight out of the bottle and I really want that for my place.

That does sound awesome. I have a posterette of my favorite liquor label:

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Bad Munki posted:

Wouldn’t 1/3 mean 2/3 on the other side though? How can you not go more than a third? Unless I’m misunderstanding what you mean.

It’s because the tiles cup as they are heated. Very slightly but if you put them back to back you can usually see daylight between the two. So if you have the edge (low point) of one meeting the midpoint (high point) of the other, you have the worst case scenario for lippage.

Going 1/3 makes it more manageable and a lot of the tile companies will put the 1/3 offset max in their literature.

You can do either a 1/3, 2/3 whole pattern (3 tile) or you can do a 1/3, whole pattern (2 tile) but so long as those joints aren’t hitting at the midpoint of the tile that’s next in the pattern.

You can still do a 50% groint joint but you have to make sure you’re cool with the possibility of lippage on the floor.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 15, 2019

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well my kitchen is just weekend warriored slate installed with all the skill a couple cases of natty ice can muster, at least I’m pretty sure that’s how the previous owners got it done, based on the results. All your uppity “lippage” bullshit don’t make no difference here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Bad Munki posted:

Well my kitchen is just weekend warriored slate installed with all the skill a couple cases of natty ice can muster, at least I’m pretty sure that’s how the previous owners got it done, based on the results. All your uppity “lippage” bullshit don’t make no difference here!

Slate and natural stone would be different. It’s just the fired tiles like ceramic and porcelain.