Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Coolguye posted:

joja is the only moral choice

e: the entire aquarium would also have to be harvested from the cart for real veganism since i doubt yanking a fish out of the water to its death would fly with many vegans

I choose to believe every fish I donated is living happily in the community fish tank.
The maki roll on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Jodi got me a fuckin nautilus shell. Probably forgot what day it was and went to the beach, picked up first thing she saw. >:[

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Clint can gift you geodes, that you then have to pay him to open :/

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Finally had some time to sit down and play the game so I could check out all the new content. I soon discovered that Krobus is available as a roommate if you're unmarried, so naturally I had to divorce my wife ASAP so he could move in. I kept the kids though.

Sometimes a family is a farmer, a shadow person, and their two adopted children.

:3:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Krobus is so good.

Saint Freak posted:

Clint can gift you geodes, that you then have to pay him to open :/

That's Our Clint!

*laugh track*

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Is there any way to learn what gifts people like other than trial and error or just looking it up in the Wiki?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Neon Noodle posted:

Is there any way to learn what gifts people like other than trial and error or just looking it up in the Wiki?

Eventually you get the ability to uncover secret notes in the world, some of those notes have gift lists for people that tell you what they love. Other than that it's trial-and-error and go by the response you get from them for that gift or look it up on the wiki.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got Lewis as my secret Santa, which is fun because he's the one who told me. So he got mayo, because he's a boomer. The old lady gave me cookies.

I've pretty much slept the entire winter away. Just going out enough to mine or chop down a few trees and give a diamond to Maru and Amethyst to Abigail since getting deep in the skull cave as I can't find much to do.

I remember blowing all my winter earnings in my first game and not having Any money in the spring to buy seeds.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Neon Noodle posted:

sometimes their friends and family will tell you when you speak to them

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The secret notes also have a ton of hints to what people want.

All adults like coffee so I usually give everyone I encounter coffee and then carry 4 loved gifts at a time.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

TRASH CAN HAT!!!

Now I can 100% cosplay as Oscar and gift people trash while wearing a trash can!

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Tars Tarkas posted:

TRASH CAN HAT!!!

Now I can 100% cosplay as Oscar and gift people trash while wearing a trash can!

I had Louis ask me if I was alright whilst wearing the trash-can hat, but it could have been because I have no hearts with him.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If you want the one gift to rule them (mostly) all, get mead. Unless it was changed everyone minus Penny likes mead. Yes, even the kids.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Leal posted:

If you want the one gift to rule them (mostly) all, get mead. Unless it was changed everyone minus Penny likes mead. Yes, even the kids.

1.4 changed it so Jas, Vincent & Sebastian now also hate mead.
luckily i'm on switch :woop:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Now how can I make friends :arghfist: :saddowns: :arghfist:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I kinda hoped mead would make honey more profitable but it doesn't look like it changes at all when turning honey into mead. Honey in general seems kinda not worth it? Even when surrounded by blue bells one jar of honey gets me 200 gold I think it is after a couple of days.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Leal posted:

Coffee.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

explosivo posted:

I kinda hoped mead would make honey more profitable but it doesn't look like it changes at all when turning honey into mead. Honey in general seems kinda not worth it? Even when surrounded by blue bells one jar of honey gets me 200 gold I think it is after a couple of days.

Honey's not a huge moneymaker but you don't really DO anything to get the money besides plant flowers around the hives once per season to boost quality, otherwise it's just walking up and collecting honey.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Leal posted:

Sashimi

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

chairface posted:

Honey's not a huge moneymaker but you don't really DO anything to get the money besides plant flowers around the hives once per season to boost quality, otherwise it's just walking up and collecting honey.

yeah honey is more of a passive income source to supplement your farming/gardening

also fairy rose honey pays off decently enough, but that's only in the fall

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Zack Ater posted:

Is there a recommended mod for just slowing down time in multiplayer? I don't think there's anything else we want, we just always feel pretty rushed.

The CBJ Cheat Menu has some good time options, it is primarily controlled by the person hosting, though. You can freeze time on demand or set it to freeze any time you're inside a building or the caves. You can also straight up set the time forward or back but it's a bit weird. The time stress elements of the game make co-op less enjoyable, definitely had a better time after getting it.

My gift strategy for villagers is gem machines cranking out whatever hot high value gem everyone is into these days.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
What's the save editor of choice these days now that 1.4 is out? I completely forget the one I used a few times a year ago.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Freaksaus posted:

Wait, you can configure it? I've used U to see what connects to what, but I must've missed something where you configure it, do you just open the chest and hit u? I only tried it when just standing around.

I wasn't making that very clear. U is to see what connects to what, yes.
When you open the chest there's a little bubble near its label on the left, click that and you can rename it and change automation.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Psion posted:

What's the save editor of choice these days now that 1.4 is out? I completely forget the one I used a few times a year ago.

just google 'stardew valley save editor' and take the first link, it's on the nexus and it works like a charm and has an actual factual UI and poo poo, it's great

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Game is so good, I was dissapointed last night that I've been deep into the last third of the game with the community center almost finished, skull caverns explored, etc. After what felt like only just starting again.

Then I checked and it's been about 40 hours this run so far, I've not spent that much time on more than one game this year, and it's my third run through.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Leal posted:

1.4 giveth and 1.4 taketh away. (apparently you can click on people in the social tab now? come on switch port :argh:)

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I don't understand. Did he love that fish before and doesn't now?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

The in game love/like tab is based on the results of what you give them. So you can test your way and it records the result.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

oldskool posted:

1.4 giveth and 1.4 taketh away. (apparently you can click on people in the social tab now? come on switch port :argh:)

Imagine having a well laid out farm and not just a sprawling mess based on where you were when you crafted the most recent keg. smfh

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Can you move built stables etc? Or do I have to build new ones, move the animals somehow and delete the old?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just use the wiki to look up what people like. I don't have time to figure it out. It's also useful for finding out where people are during the day.

if i tell Maru "your dad was acting weird" what happens? I feel like if I said that it would end possibility of a relationship with her.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I just use the wiki to look up what people like. I don't have time to figure it out. It's also useful for finding out where people are during the day.

if i tell Maru "your dad was acting weird" what happens? I feel like if I said that it would end possibility of a relationship with her.

That too is in the wiki :eng101:

Saying that will lower Demetrius' relationship with you a lot while the other raises it slightly.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Win-win either way.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
also to put 'a lot' in perspective throwing two ice cream cones at the guy will more than make up for it.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Katt posted:

The in game love/like tab is based on the results of what you give them. So you can test your way and it records the result.

Oh I get that, it just doesn't mean what "giveth and taketh away" means to me.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I wish the game had an organic way to get you to the various heart events without wiki.

Instead of the current "enter Robins house between 10 AM and 2 PM on spring 14 while it rains outside while holding a potato" etc.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Son of Rodney posted:

Can you move built stables etc? Or do I have to build new ones, move the animals somehow and delete the old?

Robin can move things, yes. I believe it's both free and instant.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Katt posted:

I wish the game had an organic way to get you to the various heart events without wiki.

Instead of the current "enter Robins house between 10 AM and 2 PM on spring 14 while it rains outside while holding a potato" etc.

I somehow have the best luck for these events in this play through. As mentioned I got Shane’s room event on Jas’s birthday, and had like 3 beach events occur on the same entry one day. If it’s not going to be coherent at least it can be laughable.

On a similar note, I’ve been only really bothering to give people gifts on their birthday this game but it’s either a loved gift or a gold/iridium star liked gift. Occasionally if I have a delivery/reason to see someone and a good gift on hand I’ll throw one at them to but for the most part you can do fine with just birthdays, conversations and deliveries. Anyways the point is I went to give Elliot his gift on Fall 5 and instead of being in the saloon on Friday like he should he was locked up in his lovely beach cabin by 5pm.

I bought Lela a salad instead. gently caress you, Elliot.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 13, 2019

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Having quite the lucky start playing with a friend who's completely new to the game. I found an ancient seed on spring 7, which got us 2 ancient seeds since it's coop. Then on spring 14 I fished up another one. Guess our ancient fruit wine simulator will start early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Mazz posted:

I somehow have the best luck for these events in this play through. As mentioned I got Shane’s room event on Jas’s birthday, and had like 3 beach events occur on the same entry one day. If it’s not going to be coherent at least it can be laughable.

On a similar note, I’ve been only really bothering to give people gifts on their birthday this game but it’s either a loved gift or a gold/iridium star liked gift. Occasionally if I have a delivery to a person an a good gift on hand I’ll throw one at them to but for the most part you can do only with just birthdays, talking and deliveries. Anyways the point is I went to give Elliot a gift on his and instead of being in the saloon on Friday like he should he was locked up in his lovely beach cabin by 5pm. I bought Lela a salad instead. gently caress you, Elliot.

Katt posted:

I had an issue with Elliots birthday where I couldn't get into his shack and I guarded it like a hawk for the whole day and he never showed up. It was a Friday and he was supposed to go to the saloon but he never showed up at the saloon or the road between his shack and the saloon either.

I knew it!