Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

The liberal democrats and the scottish national party do not have the option of not cooperating with labour, because if labour do not form a government we're brexiting in january, and that would obliterate both of their voting bases. Opposition to brexit is the core of both their platforms.

If we're in a situation where Tories only need LibDem seats to form a government, the LibDems will 100% do it even if it means Brexit in January. They don't care about their base, as proven in 2010. They only care about power.

Subbz fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Subbz posted:

If we're in a situation where Tories only need LibDem seats to form a government, they will 100% do it even if it means Brexit in January. They don't care about their base, as proven in 2010. They only care about power.

They'd get a referendum on remain vs Joris deal and loving lose and drag us into oblivion.

It's not happening though so fret not.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1204926091565158401
Big Sturgeon energy

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bundy posted:

They'd get a referendum on remain vs Joris deal and loving lose and drag us into oblivion.

they'd offer the tories joris vs no deal.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
We need Jim Murphy's slim dick again.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
I keep telling myself to dial down the optimism. Getting a hung parliament would be a good outcome, especially given pretty much all the media being biased against us and the BBC going full state bootlicker.

But I can't loving stop putting bets on tories losing their seats. A quid on Steve Baker to lose at 9/1? Sign me up. Boris to lose his seat, IDS, Raab. Jo; the Squirrel Killer: 7/4 (lol everyone thinks she's going to lose).

So, I'm going to be bed before this gets out of hand. And in 21 hours I will be yelling gleefully at the screen and along to the stream as every one of my loving dreams comes true. And who knows, if they do I might even win back more money than I've donated to Labour to make it happen.

Get out and vote, ride that goddamn red wave, and prepare yourself for government.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008

Bundy posted:

God I loving hope not. I've been pretty calm but hoping for a good labour win, but now it's here I'm nervous/scared as gently caress.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Don't wanna get people's hopes up or nuffink, but I have to say, I'm seeing a lot of this stuff on twitter:

https://twitter.com/Ollie4TheMany/status/1204864342019264512?s=20

Stuff like "The two massive Tories I know are sharing Labour stuff on facebook" etc. - quite a bit over the last week or so.

Obviously it's gonna be amplified by people sharing etc. but even so.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Good luck yall hope gram jandad ushers in the era of infinite communism and the swish of guillotines fills the air :ussr:

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

:siren: It's up :siren:

weak poo poo if you ask me

Trash. Why would the shot of corbyn have lightning bolts in the background, a classic symbol of electricity/energy, when they're acting like the power would go out? Inconsistent, lazy.

They're shook and they have nothing to offer. They're done. Keep the faith comrades.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

https://twitter.com/Rubberbandits/status/1204858117311348736

celebrity endorsements coming in thicc and fast

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

quote:

Boris Johnson has issued a personal appeal to Sun readers to “finish what we started” as the country votes in today's knife-edge election.

In his open letter, the PM calls on all readers of Britain’s most popular paper to come to his aide by voting Tory to unite the country so it can finally move on.

“I want us to get Brexit done. I want to focus on Sun readers’ priorities. I want to unleash this country’s potential,” he writes.
So many terrifying possibilities encompassed in a single sentence.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Scottish Sun phoning in a phoned in front page

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Just wanted to say good luck from America UKgoons! Do the right thing and Corbyn will win just like Bernie will win and then they can both sit down in front of a wood burning fire and eat homemade jam and talk about how to begin to destroy capitalist hellword we all currently inhabit.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm staying up late tonight so I can vote, then go to bed, then be awake dark and late to watch the results come in.

I used to work continental shift patterns so shifting my sleep like this both sucks and is normal.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
What's the best place to watch election coverage as it happens tomorrow?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

mila kunis posted:

What's the best place to watch election coverage as it happens tomorrow?

Sky's going to have Bercow speaking which has sold me and I'll have Praxiscast Twitch stream up too.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Apparently survation aren't done weighting properly, and their final ScotPoll will be published at 6am.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Who the gently caress are the 1% of Scots voting BXP?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

alright brits, I can only wish you all the very best and I am hoping for The New Attlee Turn to shock the gently caress out of torydom

godspeed!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

good luck with the election tomorrow i'm getting up early to drop my vote in for labour and then im logging out of all my accounts and ignoring the news until someone eventually tells me who won.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Lurker from Australia chiming in. poo poo is extremely hosed here and we don't even have a hope in hell of a Corbyn showing up.

The Labour Party will win the 2019 UK election. You will win because you must win, and you will show us all that hope is alive and hope is real and that humanity is still worth fighting for and a brighter future does await us.

I look forward to a Corbyn government, not just for the UK but for all of us around the world.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I had hope for Corbyn, then despair when I looked at polls earlier in the week, and now hope again.

As a guy from another dumbass, terrible country, I hope you guys fix your dumbass, terrible country. Godspeed!

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

do it

Sharrow
Aug 20, 2007

So... mediocre.

winegums posted:

Scottish Sun phoning in a phoned in front page

Actually had to check this wasn't some weird piss take photoshop :laffo:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Sounds good to me! Vote Labour.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Azza Bamboo posted:

Who the gently caress are the 1% of Scots voting BXP?

The population of Fraserburgh and Peterhead, probably.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Jedit posted:

The population of Fraserburgh and Peterhead, probably.

Fear of shutting down your local Ranger's pub.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

how the gently caress people can run with "LANDLORDS BE RUINED" as a successful bullshit press tactic?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

please spoiler nsfw images I almost came

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/homestuck/status/1204858906075262977

Yes, it's the real account.

(New Thread Title: Filling Ballot Buckets)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

The most "and nothing of value was lost" post of all time

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I turned off Adblock on Facebook entirely to get mad ads like this. Instead I've just gotten that exact one on a daily basis, it's well boring. But I at least let them know that I am desperately excited to see landlord parasites be crushed.

That and some dumb loving ad about Labour apparently wanting to abolish Ofcom (not mentioning they want to replace it with something that does the job better).

Chuka Umana posted:

Is there any coverage outside of the BBC to watch?

Sky News, ITV, Channel 4. CNN apparently are covering it which I'm sure will be terrible. Or you could watch Bloomberg to find out what some bloodsucking parasites make of it all.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

:getin:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Gonna log off for the next 36 hours, my heart cannae take it. See you on the other side of whatever happens. Here we... here we.... here we loving go!!!

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Great to know one of my favourite musicians is a Good Lad.

https://twitter.com/Guy_Garvey/status/1204824141997707264?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Can't sleep because of toothache.

Lame.

WhatEvil posted:

Great to know one of my favourite musicians is a Good Lad.

https://twitter.com/Guy_Garvey/status/1204824141997707264?s=20

Oh god, do I have to hate Elbow a tiny bit less now? This just isn't on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/dsquareddigest/status/1204848520970289153?s=19
https://twitter.com/BBCNewsPR/status/1204841036503289862?s=19