Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Alaois posted:

i guess an Ustaše logo would have been just a bit too on the nose

they probably could get away with it, i'm not sure most american's are aware croatia exists outside of GoT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Confirmed Albanian John Cena better watch his back

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

A weak burn. She should try loving punks wife.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they probably could get away with it, i'm not sure most american's are aware croatia exists outside of GoT

I'm sure some of them saw Cro Cop's embarrassing UFC performances.

:smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Seams posted:

Confirmed Albanian John Cena better watch his back

He never said that!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

He never said that!

he said it

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

He never said that!

he said that you son of a bitch

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Jeeps are hot garbage trading on a name they made decades ago and look great from a distance and look progressively worse the closer you get to them.

perfect for a WWE superstar, in other words.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/TheRealXPac/status/1204863671555383296

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What's the issue with Dom's shirt? I'm unfamiliar with the potential racial implications.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

What's the issue with Dom's shirt? I'm unfamiliar with the potential racial implications.

combining blood and soil language with the Croatian seal invokes the ustase a Croatian nazi militia so nazi that even nazi germany told them to tone it down

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nxt takeover: Untermenschen

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This is also like the 3rd time they've tried to get him over with some sort of bloodline purity gimmick.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

that’s not an exaggeration btw. after the nazis installed them in power following the conquest of Yugoslavia the Wehrmacht and SS were unnerved by the genocide the Ustashe carried out against non-Croats

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's also just some dude from Worcester, MA. Dude grew up in the same town I did. There is nothing pure about his blood.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Surely..SURELY there must be a better gimmick to give Dom though I struggle remember what current NXT gimmicks, other wrestlers have been given in NXT currently.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Masshole who is very big and can do flips would be a fun gimmick. Especially considering it is literally who he is.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Surely..SURELY there must be a better gimmick to give Dom though I struggle remember what current NXT gimmicks, other wrestlers have been given in NXT currently.

he can be a member of the Forgotten Sons!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maybe the guy who keeps saying racist stuff and getting racist t-shirts is just racist? I mean, WWE is racist too obviously but maybe they're not "making" him pretend to be? Over and over.

Like, remember when they "made" Jack Swagger have a racist gimmick? And then it turned out he was a racist who wanted it to be more racist?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I don’t watch NXT anymore so does this stuff even play a part in his promos or presentation? Just seems so random.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i mean we know the people in charge of nxt shirts are racist (hhh)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

i mean we know the people in charge of nxt shirts are racist (hhh)

And Terry Taylor has one of the worst histories of racism in wrestling and he teaches the PC finishing class. In a company as controlled as WWE you should blame management first until proven otherwise. Especially when it involves a shirt coming out. So funny to think people tried to claim NXT was "the good brand."

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Masshole who is very big and can do flips would be a fun gimmick. Especially considering it is literally who he is.

Yeah, I think someone here the last time this poo poo spurred up suggested the idea of Dom just being a big dude who can do flips and be very arrogant about it. Feels like he's been in NXT for 6 years and they still have no idea what to do with him (i mean outside of the stupid nationalist poo poo).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If it were isolated I'd absolutely blame management over the wrestler, especially with something like a t-shirt and after that ACH thing. And I DO blame management. But like, how many chances do you give a wrestler to say "I don't want a white nationalist gimmick" before they lose the benefit of the doubt?

I'd absolutely love for Dijak to come out in 5 minutes and make me look like a fool by saying "that's racist and I'm embarrassed to be associated with it." But he didn't last time he tweeted something so...

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Like his catchphrase is “feast your eyes” which fits with a narcissistic arrogant prick more than blood and soil fascist imo

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I think that NXT was perceived as the good brand because of the opinion that Vince would be less involved with NXT as opposed to RAW and SDL and that HHH was cut from a different cloth at least in terms of management style.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Gumball Gumption posted:

He's also just some dude from Worcester, MA. Dude grew up in the same town I did. There is nothing pure about his blood.

It's just do weird, it's like he thinks he can do interesting things playing with a person proud of their heritage and flirting with fascist things, but he's way too stupid to make it work.

Like his character on TV is so much less about bloodlines it's kind of funny how much he's trying to work it via social media.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
nxt was the good brand because it had sensible booking, good matches and it went an hour

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

MassRafTer posted:

In a company as controlled as WWE you should blame management first until proven otherwise. Especially when it involves a shirt coming out. So funny to think people tried to claim NXT was "the good brand."

Just you wait until HHH takes over from Vince! Things are really gonna change around here, boy oh boy!!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Hopkins FBI posted:

Just you wait until HHH takes over from Vince! Things are really gonna change around here, boy oh boy!!

racist cargo cult of the NWA would be different from racist cargo cult of the attitude era.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

karmicknight posted:

racist cargo cult of the NWA would be different from racist cargo cult of the attitude era.

we already have the first one though

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
How long has Trips been flirting with racist imagery?

And yes I'm including the iron cross on his trunks because the evidence is really stacking up at this point

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Probably from when he started using the Motorhead entrance song. Although the blackface segment was before that (he personally wasn't in blackface iirc but whatever)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Depends on how you define Triple's make up as the Rock. (it was blackface)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He was in blackface. They all were. Its just that your memory is drawn to X-Pac because he was wearing REALLY dark blackface as Mark Henry.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

STAC Goat posted:

He was in blackface. They all were. Its just that your memory is drawn to X-Pac because he was wearing REALLY dark blackface as Mark Henry.

My bad. I tried to check on youtube but the video quality was real poor.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No, its understandable. HHH and the Outlaws are wearing much lighter makeup and next to X-Pac it doesn't stand out. But they're definitely wearing makeup on their faces to appear darker. Its not the minstrel looking blackface X-Pac is wearing, but its blackface. And as you said, the video quality is pretty poo poo.

HHH also did a second time when DX impersonation the Corporation and its much more obvious in that clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMdZhmnX5-s

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ugh, Dijakovic is from Worcester. That's the closest a notable wrestler has ever come from my neck of the woods (North Central Mass, the northeast corner of the rust belt).
Also Worcester sucks, it may be the worst planned city in the US.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Wihsta blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The absolute boy

https://twitter.com/zacksabrejr/status/1205083908573929472