Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

spacemang_spliff posted:

if they can't pass impeachment she should immediately resign

I means she should resign anyway because she sucks but being able to whip votes was supposed to be the #1 reason why she's speaker

there’s a difference between some defections and everybody bails out, there’s an actual chance the Dems won’t gently caress this up entirely and they’ll let X number of them break away in a pathetic attempt at triangulation before they get beat by a republican anyway and the impeachment still goes through

it cannot be overstated how bad loving up impeachment would be and while I don’t put it past the Dems to do it it would basically kill their chances of holding into the house even if Bernie wins the nom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash
Dec 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's why they're doing it man, they don't want Bernie to have the house and the senate when he's president, they want to knee cap him now, if they're controlled opposition, they're going to do everything they can to depress dem turnout.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
if biden wins it is everyone's duty to vote for mcafee in the general

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if biden wins the nomination im writing in bernie

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I don’t think I can emphasize enough how much of a goddamn bloodbath it would be if impeachment didn’t clear the house

Smash
Dec 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Well we're in the dumbest timeline soooooo.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Smash posted:

Well we're in the dumbest timeline soooooo.

I choose to believe good things are still possible and flubbing the impeachment vote would be a Tremendously Bad Thing

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

I choose to believe good things are still possible and flubbing the impeachment vote would be a Tremendously Bad Thing

how would it be bad?

the GOP isn't going to vote to remove him, it's an empty gesture. trump gets exonerated because the GOP won't push the "remove trump and also feed me to the qanon wolves" button, he gets to crow about it endlessly, the libs get to be upset and mad at the GOP but they won't actually vote for someone who would get rid of them, nothing changes until 2020.

to loosely quote felix, "they're telling me this is the worst attack on democracy and the constitution, and when i started paying attention to politics, they were throwing people into guantanamo for no reason without a trial, so if trying to dig up dirt on biden from ukraine is the worst thing ever, then what the gently caress was that other stuff"

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
there is no difference between a biden presidency and a second trump presidency

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

redneck nazgul posted:

how would it be bad?

the GOP isn't going to vote to remove him, it's an empty gesture. trump gets exonerated because the GOP won't push the "remove trump and also feed me to the qanon wolves" button, he gets to crow about it endlessly, the libs get to be upset and mad at the GOP but they won't actually vote for someone who would get rid of them, nothing changes until 2020.

to loosely quote felix, "they're telling me this is the worst attack on democracy and the constitution, and when i started paying attention to politics, they were throwing people into guantanamo for no reason without a trial, so if trying to dig up dirt on biden from ukraine is the worst thing ever, then what the gently caress was that other stuff"

Failing to pass articles of impeachment would be the biggest possible own goal, I can see it backfiring on the Dems hard. Obviously, no one reasonable expects Trump to be removed.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

redneck nazgul posted:

how would it be bad?

because to anyone who isn’t a crack pinged broke brain like us the only thing people are going to see is Dems talking a swing at the king and missing. they will be laughingstocks. no one will vote for them. the ones that don’t get primaries by better candidates, and that’s a significant chunk, will have their base demoralized and lose what should be a layup

there is no world where the Dems fail to impeach that ends with anything except a massive depression in turnout as people finally, thoroughly give up on them

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1204998682954719232

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

if they flub impeachment will pelosi resign in disgrace

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

remember how in 2008 the dems promised to fix healthcare and rein in wall street and then won bigly then didnt actually do what they promised to do and then ate poo poo in 2010?

well in 2018 the dems promised to fight trump and won because of it

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i'd say that swinging for the king and only hitting themselves in the junk would be sufficiently demoralizing to allow the actual left to step in and start picking off succ libs but that's probably optimistic as hell

Uncle Wemus posted:

there is a higher chance of trump being removed from office than pelosi resigning

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle Wemus posted:

pelosi feels no such thing approaching shame

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Uncle Wemus posted:

she won’t, that’s the problem

she does not give one single poo poo about impeachment and has wanted those to go away since day one, pretty much all of this is schiff’s baby and he’ll have to be the one to twist arms

if it fails she will go “:shrug: well we tried, moving on” which is an insanely bad read of the electorate

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i wouldn't be surprised if schiff is forced to step down in lieu of pelosi if it fails

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
if biden wins i will run for office and i will win on the platform of ‘Gas The Olds’

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

ScrubLeague posted:

the difference is dems will act like they've won forever until Trump But Marginally Competent and Motivated steamrolls in 2024

Smash
Dec 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Biden is like trump in that when I think about him too much bile starts to raise in the back of my throat and i need to chew a tums for my tummy.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

redneck nazgul posted:

i'd say that swinging for the king and only hitting themselves in the junk would be sufficiently demoralizing to allow the actual left to step in and start picking off succ libs but that's probably optimistic as hell

there is a higher chance of trump being removed from office than pelosi resigning

the problem isn’t picking off succ Dems, that’s already very possible. the problem is a ton of unremarkable Dems getting beat out of nowhere due to people not giving a poo poo about their useless asses and the house, the one part of Congress that is actually proportional and not filled with fossilized ghouls who will never go away, being lost for at least a decade

I assume I don’t need to continue as to why this would be bad but am prepared to

Smash
Dec 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
soon i'll be able to weaponize it like a Dilophosaurus.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

redneck nazgul posted:

how would it be bad?

everything from when leadership finally backed impeachment, to the scope of the inquiry, to the number of articles of impeachment finally drafted has been decided based upon what leadership thought would get the moderates on board. if the moderates bail and can't even push the ultimately symbolic house vote to a majority, then all of the justification for how dems have played this out dissolves instantly, and the blame will lie squarely on pelosi and the moderates

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Uncle Wemus posted:

pelosi absolutely does not want impeachment to succeed, because then she will be responsible for governing, which she has never once in her life wanted.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Finicums Wake posted:

everything from when leadership finally backed impeachment, to the scope of the inquiry, to the number of articles of impeachment finally drafted has been decided based upon what leadership thought would get the moderates on board. if the moderates bail and can't even push the ultimately symbolic house vote to a majority, then all of the justification for how dems have played this out dissolves instantly, and the blame will lie squarely on pelosi and the moderates

also anyone who would float voting no to get something out of a deal should immediately be told they will be blackballed out of anything the house does or will ever do for that amateur hour bullshit but lol Dems

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

K is thinking "buh?"

:rip:

(one of ur best works btw, timing is sublime i keep cracking up)

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

the problem isn’t picking off succ Dems, that’s already very possible. the problem is a ton of unremarkable Dems getting beat out of nowhere due to people not giving a poo poo about their useless asses and the house, the one part of Congress that is actually proportional and not filled with fossilized groups who will never go away, being lost for at least a decade

I assume I don’t need to continue as to why this would be bad but am prepared to

the house democrats just gave away literally everything the administration asked for in the NDAA and the republicans still didn't vote for it

can you show me some daylight between "unremarkable democrat" and "republican" because while the succ dems control the house, i sure as hell don't see any

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

:rip:

(one of ur best works btw, timing is sublime i keep cracking up)

thx

Smash
Dec 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

someone in QCS posted about the possibility of Russians loving the site up and got dogpiled, but honestly that's probably worth genuinely looking at even if it doesn't turn out to be what happened

like, Brown Moses posts here a lot and either used to be or currently is a mod, and the Russian government has been very loving angry at him and Bellingcat since pretty much the time he started that; some idiot in the GRU might very well have picked up on this and decided loving up SA was easier than loving up Bellingcat directly.

The russians are coming, FROM INSIDE THE FORUMS!?!?!?!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ScrubLeague posted:

There's one huge difference: four more years of poo poo vs eight. Maybe up to sixteen if he's such a waste that by the end of his second term the Republicans rally.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
neither of them will have able bodies in 8 years

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

also biden said if elected he wouldn't seek reelection so

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

they forced the question when they should have kept it more vague

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Loel posted:

And she knew it was a lie! Its even better than you imagined!

https://twitter.com/axcomrade/statu...d-about-iraq%2F

She really needs to get her rear end knocked out of Congress:

https://shahidforchange.us/

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

https://twitter.com/MenshevikM/status/1204953362501980160
Lmao

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Even if that dude's numbers are right, he's suggesting that we can get away with reducing our military budget to less than 2% of the FY2019 budget. That's loving insane, and dumbasses like Pelosi and Schumer keep handing out loving military budget increases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

No one's saying it has to be $10 billion

https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/2019-06/54667-budgetoptions-2.pdf

We have this thing called the Congressional Budget Office which presents information about how policies that could be considered by Congress will affect the budget, and they offer plenty of options for slimming the size of the military starting on page 123, but Congress never seems to take them.