Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Nope. What's it about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
A very good (poor) boy becomes a tutor to some girls who are geniuses in a certain field, but want to pursue a carrier in a field they are absolutely terrible at.
Wacky hijinks, fanservice and genuine good and emotional moments happen.

Also Uruka is best girl don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Fujos pretty much guarantee Bakugou has #1 from here until the end of the series. But I don't really got a problem with it since tbh he has more of an arc than Deku and he gets to actually go through it quicker since he's not the protagonist.

Deku's development is key to the story- once he's completed his arc, the series is over. Bakugou has more of an arc to get through (starting at not being a lovely person) and he's had more visible personal growth.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fabricated posted:

Fujos pretty much guarantee Bakugou has #1 from here until the end of the series. But I don't really got a problem with it since tbh he has more of an arc than Deku and he gets to actually go through it quicker since he's not the protagonist.

Deku's development is key to the story- once he's completed his arc, the series is over. Bakugou has more of an arc to get through (starting at not being a lovely person) and he's had more visible personal growth.

*shifting uncomfortably, clearly trying very hard not to kramer in here and argue before doing it anyway*

Is that his arc though? A Bakugo who doesn't yell and scream and be unpleasant is a different character entirely and I don't see him growing into that any time soon.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Arist posted:

*shifting uncomfortably, clearly trying very hard not to kramer in here and argue before doing it anyway*

Is that his arc though? A Bakugo who doesn't yell and scream and be unpleasant is a different character entirely and I don't see him growing into that any time soon.
His shtick is pretty tiring I agree but he's clearly not the same guy from the start of the series.

Him genuinely softening up would be a good development to make him less of a caricature but I got a feeling that's something being saved for way later. I do kinda feel like "Bakugou grudgingly acts like a non-psychotic human being" is something we should be past at this point but nobody in this series really ever scratches that first bullet point of their personality off and his is being an abrasive rear end in a top hat.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Plenty of heroic leading characters yell and scream and hit people for being unpleasant. He can grow into someone who is bombastic and rough around the edges but still makes civilians feel safe. I suspect whenever people talk about His growth they’re referring to him no longer bullying his childhood friend and toning down the aggression and toxicity with his friends and peers.

A matured Bakugou in 10 years is more like Kamina: an absolute terror of optimism and violence but with a sharp mind guiding it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i just want the yelling to stop, please horikoshi, my family is dying

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Bakugou needs to be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Bakugo loving sucks but he's entertaining and I wish he wasn't.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I am amazed that Iida keeps making it into these. He's a good, angular boy and a good character, but your favorite? Him?

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
King Explosion Murder just wants good fights and no one is delivering them to him, so he's mad about it.

He's not my favorite character but I couldn't think of anything more boring than him mellowing out at this point. I'd like it if he got over his Deku complex since his weird irrational hatred of him is the only thing I find annoying.

Him straight up chaos dunking on class B was the only satisfying part of the A vs B arc.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
todoroki is a plank of wood with a pretty face stapled on it

my boy tokoyami will be forever denied his rightful glory

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Shere posted:

King Explosion Murder just wants good fights and no one is delivering them to him, so he's mad about it.

He's not my favorite character but I couldn't think of anything more boring than him mellowing out at this point. I'd like it if he got over his Deku complex since his weird irrational hatred of him is the only thing I find annoying.

Him straight up chaos dunking on class B was the only satisfying part of the A vs B arc.

This is actually kind of what I'm saying. The parts that I find annoying are the same as the parts other people seem to like. "Fixing" them just makes him boring because there's nothing else there. So his fans are kind of in a position where they have to root against the character development the series is setting him up for, which is insane to me.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Shere posted:

Team Tsuyu doesn't get nearly enough credit for using genuine teamwork and strategy to get a clean and entertaining win. That match ruled and the lovely matches in between it and the last two tend to overshadow it which is a real shame.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mulderman posted:

A very good (poor) boy becomes a tutor to some girls who are geniuses in a certain field, but want to pursue a carrier in a field they are absolutely terrible at.
Wacky hijinks, fanservice and genuine good and emotional moments happen.

Also Uruka is best girl don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Kind of reminds me of Quintenstal Quintuplets in premise. (Though the Quintuplets were just plain stupid. So the protag was just trying to make sure they would graduate period at first.)

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Team Tsuyu doesn't get nearly enough credit for using genuine teamwork and strategy to get a clean and entertaining win. That match ruled and the lovely matches in between it and the last two tend to overshadow it which is a real shame.

Team Tsuyu’s match is straight up one of the best fights in the series

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/1205138447670767616?s=19

The modified costumes look cool

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Those costumes own and also look like a total bitch to draw with the exception of Ochako’s

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Uravity got that "You don't want no smoke" face

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Is Shoto's costume seriously still a modified UA uniform?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

MonsterEnvy posted:

Kind of reminds me of Quintenstal Quintuplets in premise. (Though the Quintuplets were just plain stupid. So the protag was just trying to make sure they would graduate period at first.)

Very similar, except WCS's protag isn't naturally gifted, he's just an absolute monster at studying (and is a VERY good boy). Also, the girls are already geniuses and have to overcome everybody telling them "But you're so good at this other thing, might as well abandon your dreams since you're so poo poo at what you want to be."

Also also, the genki girl who SHOULD win will probably lose. Dammit.

Circling it back to MHA: Just like Mina!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

One last comment on We Never Learn, relevant to the popularity poll: I cannot believe Mizuki is 6th instead of Sekijou

e: Fumino 4 lyfe

Arist fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 12, 2019

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Everybody in their new fancy costumes and yet Toga couldn't keep her nice coat.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Deku's 4th costume is super cool

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Ochako’s new costume kicks rear end

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

You can't fool me, this is just an ad for the My Hero Academia Extreme Force action figures!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I wonder if its because they're the focus but the kids have way more accessories and gadgets than the pros and even the big 3.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Kild posted:

I wonder if its because they're the focus but the kids have way more accessories and gadgets than the pros and even the big 3.

I wonder how much of that is because they're still just trying stuff out? Like maybe they're all modular and separate but once they really settle into a style of hero-ing they consolidate it down? It's obviously ACTUALLY because that makes them seem cooler, but in-universe I could see that happening.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
I never noticed it before but Bakugo’s character design has a passing resemblance to The Comedian. I wonder if that was intentional.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Can’t loving believe Bakugo was active in Vietnam

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kild posted:

Expect a bunch of those gadgets to explode mysteriously around the time Horikoshi’s hand gets tired

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TheKingofSprings posted:

Expect a bunch of those gadgets to explode mysteriously around the time Horikoshi’s hand gets tired
As much as I really really like those costumes no way are they gonna be baseline for the actual manga. Hori will die again.

Also spoilers dropping: Kurogiri's body is apparently Shirakumo's at least. Aizawa is brought to tears.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 12, 2019

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Rauri posted:

Bakugo loving sucks but he's entertaining and I wish he wasn't.

Bakugo is entertaining only as long as there are people are around to say, "That's our rear end in a top hat friend Bakugo for ya. What an rear end in a top hat." Bakugo by himself had exactly one good scene that I can remember, and it was a throwaway gag about him being being loving pissed at plaque and tartar buildup.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The question I have is related to the leaks but isn't a spoiler for the leaks in and of themselves, so I'm going to ask:

Do you think AFO can steal Quirks posthumously?

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
The last chapter also raises that question. You don't even need to reference something else.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Yeah bakugo is terrible as mineta by himself but the others relentlessly dunking on both makes them both a lot more fun

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Dog Kisser posted:

Yeah bakugo is terrible as mineta by himself but the others relentlessly dunking on both makes them both a lot more fun

I think this is exactly what makes Bakugo better than, say, Sasuke. Sasuke was always praised for being the bestest boy even when he was literally trying to murder people. Characters, and fans, basically treated him like he was just being naughty and that he should just come home and that he wasn't literally trying to murder people and betraying entire towns and such to national enemies. In the end him and naruto being best friends again still doesn't make sense to me, let alone his relationships with the rest of the cast.

Bakugo starts off as a real lovely guy with some enormous and obvious flaws that the series even gets outright blatant about how since everyone did nothing but praise his quirk as a kid no matter what, he never learned to not be an rear end in a top hat and so a huge chunk of the mid-series progression regarding the character is just his peers, his professors and even his antagonists just humbling him again and again even though, throughout it all, he's still immensely powerful. Because it's not his power that's the issue; it's his personality, and he's forced to confront that and change. Where we are now in the series, he still puts in a token effort to be a big loud jerk to Deku - but the fact that he's one of the bigger driving forces helping Deku improve his own quirk right now, and that he's actually learned some degree of team work with the rest of the class is a vast change from where he was at the start. Even if he's still himself, because he's never not going to be himself.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also Bakugo didn't turn Sasuke when given the opportunity despite countless people trying to argue that he would.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also Bakugo didn't turn Sasuke when given the opportunity despite countless people trying to argue that he would.

He'll take that Behelit, just u wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Worse, I think he's going to take up the title of Endeavor, or something similar.