Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Bemused Observer posted:

Could you link some details on that build? I love plaing Path of Touhou!

I took my zombiemancer, popped in the gem that converts your skellies into skelly mages (wretched dead I think?), kept the barons set up at 1001 strength for healing from zombie melees (they're in a 5l or something, idk it doesn't matter) and the skellies are 6l in a tabula got a 4 gem movement setup and a cyclone + cast while channeling + curse + flesh offering for clear speed (bone offering for tankiness). blood magic spectres and holy relic on head with a free spot for something else.

It's inspired by this http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2130105

If I did something to proc EO more consistently it would be substantially more ridiculous, too. That said, it's not a meme that you literally can't see anything so that's basically the hard limitation of it. You probably could make the projectiles fewer and stronger, but why even open path of exile at that point

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I killed Uber Elder multiple times last league with lightning trap, pictured below:

The trick is you can't be killed by dead enemies *taps head*

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
7/10 I can still see the ground somewhat

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zmej posted:

TheRat, could you repost your self-cast arc Inquisitor? I remember it from a while ago. I was thinking of going assassin

I'll try to remember when I get home from work

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
I'm starting as Guardian Cyclone Purity+Agony.
Wanted to make this variation with Coming Calamity, after playing a more minion based version last league. Where possible, add in a Geofri's Legacy (I actually don't know if this one is expensive).

There's a good chance, while levelling with Dominating Blow, that I won't move to Cyclone, but I'll see.
Benefit for me is that it should be strong against bosses and I could party / buff my son's character when I want to.

As I will be levelling two chars at the start (one solo, one only with my son), that's going to be the Bane Occulitist. Never played it and the curse mehanics seem so much fun in a party. :)

Acht fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Dec 12, 2019

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In the AMA they said molten strike is getting another projectile baseline which is a pretty good buff

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

euphronius posted:

In the AMA they said molten strike is getting another projectile baseline which is a pretty good buff

It is and I love the skill, but I don't recall if this brings it back to its former glory. Wasn't there some interaction with Ancestral Call that got changed?

edit: I might check back on a 3.6 favourite of mine, poison molten strike.

Acht fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Dec 12, 2019

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You have to hit to spawn balls yeah. The old one you could just hit the ground and your balls and AC balls would spawn

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Yeah that was it, that made Ancestral Call and the max of 1 jewel pretty harsh. Multistrike also changed negatively for this. Probably needs Volkuur's Guidance now to let the fire damage poison.
All in all it's probably not in a good place, especially not compared to normal Molten Strike builds.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
somebody gimme an explosibe arrow build, Thanks
i can't tell if it scales with bow nodes or not, and wtf you do
hopefully it is good again !!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

What's Arrow Nova support work well with? It seems cool but I can't figure out anything it'd be good on.
Although now that I think about it it's not like GMP hits more than once per shot either, so it's really about the same except maybe more awkward to hit bosses with.

I think it will work well with galvanic arrow especially since you'll be scaling proj speed with GA anyways which will decrease the payload delay

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Is the guild global same as it was like 10 seasons ago? I know getting into the guild is difficult, I don't mind just chatting with goons while I putz around with my skeleton army.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The league is tomorrow and I still have no idea what my first build will be! gently caress!

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Can't decide between toxic rain mine sabo or storm burst trickster :(

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Arrhythmia posted:

The league is tomorrow and I still have no idea what my first build will be! gently caress!

Not empty quoting.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

LegoMan posted:

Is the guild global same as it was like 10 seasons ago? I know getting into the guild is difficult, I don't mind just chatting with goons while I putz around with my skeleton army.

global 5555

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im honestly considering enki's arc witch. i havent done arc in a long time and his can do all map mods and hits like 2m shaper dps with a tiny bit of investment. seems like a decent plan.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

queeb posted:

im honestly considering enki's arc witch. i havent done arc in a long time and his can do all map mods and hits like 2m shaper dps with a tiny bit of investment. seems like a decent plan.

I never played Arc and was tempted as well. I thought it would be bad for bossing, but I just read in that guide that the damage gets a more boost for every remaining chain. I might join you for this, over my Guardian pick.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Thanks, I didnt want to post it but I guess it doesn't really matter

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I will be away for a week, but will jump back in next week - please don’t kick me from the guild. Character name is same as forum name.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The numbers on burning arrow look really nice but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make a tree around it. Everything you'd want is so spread out!

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

queeb posted:

I kind of am too, honestly. I'm a bit ambivalent about the Three Dragons plan but it could be worse, and you do get a lot of stats just from the Golemancer add-ins. It should avoid the hyperinflated clusterfuck that Bow and Fire builds seem likely to be.

Plus, I just like self-cast builds.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Can't wait to try and make ranged Puncture with secondary Ensnaring Arrow Ballistae support work and then give up and reroll in a few days

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Whats a nice laid back toxic rain build

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Whats a nice laid back toxic rain build

Toxic Rain

Carrier
May 12, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

The numbers on burning arrow look really nice but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make a tree around it. Everything you'd want is so spread out!

This is what I came up with for a burning arrow elementalist: https://pastebin.com/h1zk2mTC. Hits about 1m ignite dps with everything that should be up fairly consistently (not including the extra 20% ignite multiplier the extra dps from the new burning arrow secondary effect) and should probably hit somewhere in the region of 6k life if everything gets properly filled out. Still some things that might need to be sorted out still, in particular mana might be an issue, golem survivability might be an issue and getting pierce might be an issue, but I'm fairly happy with it. Not at all SSF viable I would say but theres a lot of only moderately expensive gear pieces, nothing super expensive, and plenty of options for helm enchants and endgame upgrades (for instance blasphemers grasp is gg if you can get elder gear all over the place, but you'd just replace that with rare gloves until you can start filling it out).

EDIT: Also dex is a massive issue on this build, as evidenced by me taking pretty much every big dex node in the area lol. Might be able to work around this in endgame and free up some points but it will be rough. Can't show it in PoB but the new ignite node is probably the GG anoint for this build, though growth and decay is a very strong second place.

Carrier fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 12, 2019

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2687562

I'm thinkin about this build but as a bonafide build making idiot, is there anything I'm missing about this that doesn't quite work?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
sheesh, i pulled up that loving necro-coc-volatile dead build and the crafted sword is doing soooo much heavy lifting. still, it should be powerful even just crafting getting a 6l cast on crit should be enough. do we have any idea on how hard a 2h CoC weapon will be to get in the new league? that's a shaper mod, right?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Cerepol posted:

I'm thinkin about this build but as a bonafide build making idiot, is there anything I'm missing about this that doesn't quite work?

Seems like the kind of build that's very very good with gear and just miserable without gear

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Jinnigan posted:

sheesh, i pulled up that loving necro-coc-volatile dead build and the crafted sword is doing soooo much heavy lifting. still, it should be powerful even just crafting getting a 6l cast on crit should be enough. do we have any idea on how hard a 2h CoC weapon will be to get in the new league? that's a shaper mod, right?

They are adding a way to move influence to other items this league, so you can just get the correct ilvl base and then add shaper/elder onto it. Who knows how rare the orbs are though.

Edit: I mean yeah the elder/shaper items may be more rare this league so who knows how this is gonna gently caress the economy.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

quote:

Hybrid Physical Damage and Support/Spell Damage and Support modifiers can no longer roll on two-handed weapons.

Whether this appies to the CoC mod or not I don't entirely know, but be aware that it might not even be available anymore.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

melee bros...what are we playing...

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

802.11weed posted:

somebody gimme an explosibe arrow build, Thanks
i can't tell if it scales with bow nodes or not, and wtf you do
hopefully it is good again !!

I'm considering the following options, and will try to crunch numbers tonight:

Berserker, scaling chance to ignite - Infinite attack speed, high chance to ignite means all arrows add to ignite, zoom zoom build, and gets 40% more damage from one notable.

Assassin, Scaling Crit - Crits cause ignite, assassin's cause crits, so there you go.

Trickster, Default - Trickster has the best dot scaling for ignite of any ascendancy, but will require additional investment to trigger big ignites

Slayer, Crit Scaling - 7.5% base crit, 20% off every enemy's health bar (usually the hardest 20%, too) is a lot to like.

I don't think Elementalist, Chieftan, Deadeye, or Pathfinder offer enough offensive power to warrant using for Explosive Arrow. Elementalist maaaybbbe, would have to do some math on that one.

I was also kind of considering Raider, but I don't know if Attack Damage increases will indirectly scale the ignite or not.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Benson Cunningham posted:

I was also kind of considering Raider, but I don't know if Attack Damage increases will indirectly scale the ignite or not.

I don't think it does, but frenzy charges are like the single best thing in the game for scaling EA so I think raider is definitely a very solid choice.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Cerepol posted:

this is going to be insanely expensive, it'll probably be good but you'd be nuts to league start as this without seeing what it looks like in garbo gear

also its a level 100 tree

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
CoC/VD is still fine even if you have to use a real CoC.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

dyzzy posted:

CoC/VD is still fine even if you have to use a real CoC.

Yeah, thinking about this, mathil uses kaoms for the HP and a 2H sword because he loves witches with 2h swords, but you could probably get more/better DPS with a 6l spell chest (or Carcass Jack!) and two spell foils or daggers or whatever.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can make a chieftain burning arrow build that focuses on tons of ignite Damage but has like ... no attack speed

Sad

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

I wonder if that 1-shot Shaper discharge build can do whimsical things with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

Yeah, thinking about this, mathil uses kaoms for the HP and a 2H sword because he loves witches with 2h swords, but you could probably get more/better DPS with a 6l spell chest (or Carcass Jack!) and two spell foils or daggers or whatever.

I've tried it in standard with super crappy gear, and yeah it got more than enough power to be played with a normal CoC setup. I'm not sure about the survivability of Necro though, so I've played around trying to make Trickster work with it but that poo poo is way too complicated for me. I'm also thinking about Elementalist or Assassin. Ele Ice Golem x3 seems pretty good, and assassin is just always nice for crits. Trickster brings easy power/frenzy charges and way more defense though.