Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
The only person more disappointed than Dean that they skipped from 7 to 5 is Jamal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
How did Varner fall further and further into 'detestable person', geez.

Like several years back people voted him back to play again.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Actual lol on the hideously late Dan boot.

e:

Aerox posted:

On the infinitesimal chance that it’s true that Dan actually did trip and grab a production lady’s leg totally accidentally and unfairly got kicked off for it, it doesn’t matter and it’s still good because he should have been booted by the end of the first week of the game.
Absolutely. Sorry you got a raw deal on your fifth(?) chance. :frogout:

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Dec 12, 2019

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Does this mean he was at the F6 challenge that we haven’t seen yet, and now they’re going to cut around him?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

freeman posted:

The only person more disappointed than Dean that they skipped from 7 to 5 is Jamal.

I was thinking this morning about how it must suck strategically to lose one of your f3 goats this close to the end but then I snapped out of it because this is the price you pay for allying with sex pests.

Gonna be interesting to see how the votes shake out. Janet has to be gone if she doesn't win immunity at 5, but outside of that who knows.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

Elaine will probably get the Christian treatment once they get to 7 or 8 remaining.

Look at this incredibly smart posting prediction from October

Anyway here's my final tier list:

Janet

Dean
Lauren
Tommy

Noura

Unlike previous tier lists, which were just "if final tribal happened right now who would beat who," this one takes into account what they would need to do to get to final three (ex: Janet winning immunity at 5 because Dean can kill her idol, then win immunity again or build fire at 4).

Dean was the hardest one for me to place, wasn't sure if I should put him above Lauren and Tommy since he has a chance to kill an idol and then would probably have to win immunity or build fire at 4 to get to the end, but I'm not sure how much the jury would value late moves like that vs an entire game's worth of strategizing that Lauren and Tommy have seemingly done.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
This season is both the ultimate proof that Survivor isn't rigged and an argument that maybe it should be. If the coolest and most likable person on the season, whose win is basically the only thing that could possibly redeem it, gets an idol, maybe you leave the idol nullifier off the menu, production. I'm just saying. :shrug:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/JonnyFairplay/status/1205126634652753920?s=20

Well I think we know who this is subtweeting.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spergatory posted:

This season is both the ultimate proof that Survivor isn't rigged and an argument that maybe it should be. If the coolest and most likable person on the season, whose win is basically the only thing that could possibly redeem it, gets an idol, maybe you leave the idol nullifier off the menu, production. I'm just saying. :shrug:

Elaine got voted out last night because she already played her idol, though :confused:

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

IcePhoenix posted:

I was thinking this morning about how it must suck strategically to lose one of your f3 goats this close to the end but then I snapped out of it because this is the price you pay for allying with sex pests.

Gonna be interesting to see how the votes shake out. Janet has to be gone if she doesn't win immunity at 5, but outside of that who knows.

I meant Dean being disappointed that he won't get to use his real (fake) advantage and we'll miss the shot of Jamal (and probably the Jury who likely all knows about it) when it's played.

rear end in a top hat Dan ruining everything.

freeman fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 12, 2019

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm trying to figure out the physics of how you slip on a speed boat and grab a woman's leg unless she's like 8 feet tall or something.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm trying to figure out the physics of how you slip on a speed boat and grab a woman's leg unless she's like 8 feet tall or something.

There are lots of possible ways but don't even entertain Dan's horseshit

He is the most visible example of someone who keeps doing plausibly-deniable things over and over until all plausibility and charity are gone and you realize he was a loving creep the whole time

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Bloop posted:

There are lots of possible ways but don't even entertain Dan's horseshit

He is the most visible example of someone who keeps doing plausibly-deniable things over and over until all plausibility and charity are gone and you realize he was a loving creep the whole time

oh absolutely.

The funny thing is, I don't even doubt that he probably inadvertently touched her. The issue is that he obviously does it so much that groping a woman's leg is second nature to him.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
rumour that Dan is suing the show? anyone else heard that?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah even if the nth unwanted touch was accidental, I have no sympathy if that particular one was the last straw.

I wonder if he's actually convinced himself that it's all innocent

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Bloop posted:

Yeah even if the nth unwanted touch was accidental, I have no sympathy if that particular one was the last straw.

I wonder if he's actually convinced himself that it's all innocent

You could tell from the second tribal from the double episode that he has.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Sure are a lot of people ITT who are so eager to say "He might have" or even "he probably did" touch her accidentally, despite the fact that we have numerous instances of VIDEO EVIDENCE of this person touching women necessarily for his own enjoyment. This is why people don't come forward. If a guy who was caught on camera gets the benefit of the doubt from total strangers, imagine when it is the guy at work everyone knows and who has no video evidence against him.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

Sure are a lot of people ITT who are so eager to say "He might have" or even "he probably did" touch her accidentally, despite the fact that we have numerous instances of VIDEO EVIDENCE of this person touching women necessarily for his own enjoyment. This is why people don't come forward. If a guy who was caught on camera gets the benefit of the doubt from total strangers, imagine when it is the guy at work everyone knows and who has no video evidence against him.

a lot huh? quote them

He is a poo poo and should have been gone the first time. All I saw said (and said myself) was that even IF the nth time was innocent, I have no sympathy for him because the others certainly weren't

No one is defending Dan itt

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

IcePhoenix posted:

I think it's a matter of whether Dean can persuade Tommy to vote Janet out; Lauren seems close with her, but Janet being a mother figure might actually make it trickier even for Tommy. I think F5 is either going to be a Dean or Lauren oust; it's probably easier to get Tommy to vote out Lauren.

Dean is going to have the serious problem with perception even if he makes it to the end. When Rob and Sandra and Tommy are noticing all his weird flex moves like running his hands through his hair or stretching before flexing, the jury is noticing it too. He'd need like, a Chris Daugherty level TC to persuade the jury to give him votes over anyone else but Noura.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
This season is poo poo and Dan should have been booted a while ago.

On another note, why did Elaine play her idol last week? iirc, the talk was all about Noura and Karishma. Was it just her getting jumpy?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Twin Cinema posted:

On another note, why did Elaine play her idol last week? iirc, the talk was all about Noura and Karishma. Was it just her getting jumpy?

One reason is that it was outed

She probably also didn't want to go home with one and there's only one way to be sure

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Most likely, yeah, the same reason Lauren played hers the episode before that. You have no idea what's going on and better to know you have another day to play than to go out with safety in your pocket.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

and there was a shitload of whispering at that tribal council so anything could have happened

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ApplesandOranges posted:

I think it's a matter of whether Dean can persuade Tommy to vote Janet out; Lauren seems close with her, but Janet being a mother figure might actually make it trickier even for Tommy. I think F5 is either going to be a Dean or Lauren oust; it's probably easier to get Tommy to vote out Lauren.

Dean is going to have the serious problem with perception even if he makes it to the end. When Rob and Sandra and Tommy are noticing all his weird flex moves like running his hands through his hair or stretching before flexing, the jury is noticing it too. He'd need like, a Chris Daugherty level TC to persuade the jury to give him votes over anyone else but Noura.

I think even Tommy knows that Janet is the biggest threat and has to go home. But I suppose we'll see.

And as far as Dean goes, the reason I have him in the same tier as Tommy and Lauren is because I expect for him to make the finals that he'll nullify Janet's idol at 5 and then either win immunity or build fire to make it into three, which, especially when you add his immunity win last night, is a huge wave of momentum for someone to ride into FTC.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Twin Cinema posted:

Noura blatantly outed her in the middle of a chaotic tribal, and with how things can shift so quickly, she needed to dump that possible target on her back immediately

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Bloop posted:

a lot huh? quote them

He is a poo poo and should have been gone the first time. All I saw said (and said myself) was that even IF the nth time was innocent, I have no sympathy for him because the others certainly weren't

No one is defending Dan itt

"A lot" was a poor choice, although I kind of feel like anything greater than zero is "a lot" in this case. Including your post, which I had an uncharitable reading of:

sportsgenius86 posted:

The funny thing is, I don't even doubt that he probably inadvertently touched her. The issue is that he obviously does it so much that groping a woman's leg is second nature to him.

Aerox posted:

On the infinitesimal chance that it’s true that Dan actually did trip and grab a production lady’s leg totally accidentally and unfairly got kicked off for it, it doesn’t matter and it’s still good because he should have been booted by the end of the first week of the game.

I just don't see why people need to speculate how there is maybe a chance it was an accident

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

blue squares posted:

"A lot" was a poor choice, although I kind of feel like anything greater than zero is "a lot" in this case. Including your post, which I had an uncharitable reading of:

I just don't see why people need to speculate how there is maybe a chance it was an accident

I think Aerox was just responding to a claim that it might have been inadvertent, not saying that it might have been.

I'm in the group of "I don't care if it was intentional or not, he's used up way more of his share of goodwill on the matter and is a creep so I don't believe him if he says it was an accident."

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Yeah uh I 100% think it was intentional

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know if that was an accident or not but its probably not a great idea to replace one Jewish surname with another.
poo poo, my bad... fixed.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

We really have to assume it was intentional and I think everyone here pretty much does. People are just saying it doesn't even matter because he's already done eviction-worthy things. Anyway, the guy used the "tight quarters" excuse to explain stroking women's hair and caressing their feet. He can't be trusted and his excuses should not even get a hearing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

blue squares posted:

"Accident" is a bad descriptor for this because I don't believe it was accidental by any means. My point was that I think he does this disgusting bullshit so often that it's become almost reflexive. If that's viewed as a minimization, I apologize because that's not my intent.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think the more appropriate diagnosis of Dan than "accident" is that he probably has so little regard for women's space and consent that he inappropriately touches them all the time and gives no thought of it, so like if you or I were to slip and reach for something and end up on a women's thigh we'd at the very least go "Oh god, I'm so sorry." But Dan probably thinks nothing of it because its just a woman's body.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

freeman posted:

It's so loving appropriate that Dean's game benefits most from this whole debacle.

What a drat mess. Please nobody else post anything Varner-related, would be super nice to never have to see his face or words ever again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I apologize for posting Varner. That's my bad and I won't repeat it.

And yeah, this robbed us of the one mildly amusing thing that could have happened if Dean had followed through on that plan to draw votes on himself to use his fake idol. Rob and Sandra must have been furious when they found out.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
At least we can say that Janet outlasted Dan.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Awful season which has the affect of making me feel like the show has been hosed all along.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I was all in on Elaine winning :(

Dan, jesus christ you creepy turd

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
Jesus Christ, all i wanna see is the s40 preview now.

It is my Survivor Happy Place.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STAC Goat posted:

I apologize for posting Varner. That's my bad and I won't repeat it.

And yeah, this robbed us of the one mildly amusing thing that could have happened if Dean had followed through on that plan to draw votes on himself to use his fake idol. Rob and Sandra must have been furious when they found out.

There's still hope. If Dean gets to the final 3 he will totally use it as a powerful game move he did. "I had the legacy advantage from Jamal, but I made a fake one so everyone would think I used it and not suspect me." Jamal, "Bro, the one I gave you was fake too!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Exit press:

Holmes: I’d like to get this out of the way first because I’d rather celebrate your time on the show. Obviously there’s going to be a dark cloud over this season with the controversy over what happened with Dan. Where are you with that situation? What is your takeaway?

Stott: Ugh…man…that was heavy. Bro, first and foremost, I support Kellee and her truth. She’s a friend. I’m not trying to put anyone on blast. Who am I to put anyone on blast…especially being a little hungover. I might put my foot in my mouth or something. This is some serious stuff and I don’t want to (expletive deleted) it up. Oh wait, can I cuss?

Holmes: It looks like Tommy’s running the show based on what we’re seeing. Was there no way to get them to turn on Tommy if he’s the top of the pyramid?

Stott: Everybody thought Tommy was their guy. And I could see it sitting on the outside. Hell, I even saved him, but that was because I knew Missy was going to cut me. But everybody was looking at him like that. So…uh…I totally lost my train of thought…my dog is annoying.

Elaine is the best.