Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

no mr. armstrong is just going through a bunch of conspiracy theories about the obama administration. It always seems like conspiracy theories are what the right wing has and they basically have their base believing some of the wildest things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
i just heard someone mumble 'can't let him get away' and someone respond 'yeah we've got him now', both off-camera, anyone know who it was?

edit: southern twang

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 12, 2019

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

ManBoyChef posted:

no mr. armstrong is just going through a bunch of conspiracy theories about the obama administration. It always seems like conspiracy theories are what the right wing has and they basically have their base believing some of the wildest things.

I mean, yeah.

This was less true in the past, Fox used to just spin news, but now that Trump has provided them with so much that's unspinnable, they have to lean into conspiracy theories.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

i find it funny when the GOP says "they are just trying to nullify the votes of 63 million people."

the reality is that 65 million people voted for hillary

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

StrangersInTheNight posted:

i just heard someone mumble 'can't let him get away' and someone respond 'yeah we've got him now', both off-camera, anyone know who it was?

edit: southern twang

hmm i think it was cline talking to someone, since he's now speaking and it sounded like him

yes i'm responding to myself

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Any place keeping track of who's spoken/hasn't? Basically hope someone is doing the legwork so I don't have to for myself.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

democrats with their fancy rhetoric and flowery language!

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Jim Jordan bothers the hell out of me just because I konw he could have saved some young men some abuse by speaking up. He chose not to and now I have to listen to him gaslight and carry on.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/MiekeEoyang/status/1205163576958291968

(I mean he probably does, though.)

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1205165475983958018

I wonder if, had I been in my 30s then instead of now, I would have found those proceedings as infuriating? I mean, seriously, the Democrats talk and I get angry because Trump is wrecking the country I love, and then the Republicans talk and I get angry because they're helping, and then there's parliamentary interruptions and I get angry, and... :sigh:

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

ManBoyChef posted:

Jim Jordan bothers the hell out of me just because I konw he could have saved some young men some abuse by speaking up. He chose not to and now I have to listen to him gaslight and carry on.

Gym Jordan has literally made a career out of covering up horrible deeds by people in a position of power.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

ManBoyChef posted:

Someone shoots at you but you dont know that they shot at you. does that mean that it wasn't attempted murder?

I'd pay any amount of money to have the "he hates these cans!" scene from "The Jerk" entered into the Congressional Record.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

zonohedron posted:

https://twitter.com/MiekeEoyang/status/1205163576958291968

(I mean he probably does, though.)

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1205165475983958018

I wonder if, had I been in my 30s then instead of now, I would have found those proceedings as infuriating? I mean, seriously, the Democrats talk and I get angry because Trump is wrecking the country I love, and then the Republicans talk and I get angry because they're helping, and then there's parliamentary interruptions and I get angry, and... :sigh:

I wonder the same thing. It is so frustrating to listen to the blatant bullshit that the republicans are peddling. They have no integrity. You would think that they would want their government to not be corrupt but they are fighting for it tooth and nail.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

ManBoyChef posted:

I wonder the same thing. It is so frustrating to listen to the blatant bullshit that the republicans are peddling. They have no integrity. You would think that they would want their government to not be corrupt but they are fighting for it tooth and nail.

It's because they're all in on the grift and desperately don't want it to stop; they don't all have brainworms, they just know that if they do not obstruct like crazy they will all burn.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

It's because they're all in on the grift and desperately don't want it to stop; they don't all have brainworms, they just know that if they do not obstruct like crazy they will all burn.

it is this GOP flavored bullshit that brainwashes our uncles and causes them to say the stupidest reactionary things.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

zonohedron posted:

Protip: turn it off. It's 100% meaningless grandstanding and will be for a while. If you want to catch the actual vote it'll be on C-SPAN's YouTube channel.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

he absolutely beliefs that.

ManBoyChef posted:

the GOP types who believed in hiding the super insane poo poo are all dead or retired.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

ManBoyChef posted:

I don't know why you would think that they've made it very clear that they don't want it to exist in the so they get elected in order to make it as bad as possible

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

It's why they're mad about Devin Nunes being exposed. In a more sensible world at least one Republican would be appalled that one of their own was working with a criminal. But since they're all in on the grift or are covering up their own crimes they are more mad that he got caught and instead insinuate it's some sort of conspiracy to make Devin Nunes look bad (when really, Nunes doesn't need anybody's help to do that).

Granted I don't know beyond Nunes, Jordan, and Gaetz who has actually committed any sort of crime here (Dealings with Parnas, covering up rape, and DUIs respectively), but it's really easy to believe all this bloviating is because all of the Republicans worry that they could next be the one with their careers under the microscope.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
Hm, look like Lieu is missing. (oh, he's getting surgery for a heart attack, hope he is well)

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

It appears that somebody? and Gaetz? have suggested an amendment that includes information about Burisma? I missed most of it, my 4-year-old wants to watch more videos about remote-controlled vehicles and is whining.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lol Gaetz trying to make an amendment to mention Hunter Biden

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

What the gently caress does hunter biden have to do with this and Gaetz is the last person that should be talking about someones past indiscretions.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Ah yes. Hunter Biden and crack pipes in rental cars. This is definitely relevant to the president's behavior.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Gaetz is a TREMENDOUS piece of poo poo.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

actionjackson posted:

lol Gaetz trying to make an amendment to mention Hunter Biden

Someone should amend the amendment with all of Gaetz' DUIs because those have just as much relevance.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

People in power never do drugs or rent cars

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

The minority hearing is not necessary. It is only to bring things up to muddy the waters. Biden and Burisma have nothing to do with it. It is basically just so they can polish a turd that is trump's actions.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hahahaha he's bringing up DUIs

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

gently caress yeah Johnson

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

Wedge Regret

actionjackson posted:

hahahaha he's bringing up DUIs

Hank Johnson mentioning DUIs on the part of members of the committee. lol

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Rep. Johnson (the Dem from GA, not the Rep from LA) "I don't think we should do the pot calling the kettle black. I don't know if any members have been busted for DUIs..." C-SPAN cuts to Gaetz looking really unhappy for some reason :iiam:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't get it.

Does Johnson know that they other side isn't allowed to talk at that point...?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

zonohedron posted:

Rep. Johnson (the Dem from GA, not the Rep from LA) "I don't think we should do the pot calling the kettle black. I don't know if any members have been busted for DUIs..." C-SPAN cuts to Gaetz looking really unhappy for some reason :iiam:

And the audible laughter from the gallery.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

"This is about conscience, the conscience of the nation, the conscience of my friends on the other side of the aisle do you believe that we shoiuld allow this to go unaddressed, what the president did? because we are a country of precedent, rule of law, norms, traditions, are we going to allow the violation of our norms and precedent?"

sorry Mr. Johnson I think we are, in fact, going to allow it, because the Senate is, in fact, going to refuse to remove this president.

and then Sensenbrenner launches into Biden biden biden burisma biden bidurisma bidenisma whatever

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

How bad of a situation does the GOP have to be in to send Gaetz out to attack someone on substance abuse of all things.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

Wedge Regret
Chalupa! Drink

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

zonohedron posted:

"This is about conscience, the conscience of the nation, the conscience of my friends on the other side of the aisle do you believe that we shoiuld allow this to go unaddressed, what the president did? because we are a country of precedent, rule of law, norms, traditions, are we going to allow the violation of our norms and precedent?"

sorry Mr. Johnson I think we are, in fact, going to allow it, because the Senate is, in fact, going to refuse to remove this president.

and then Sensenbrenner launches into Biden biden biden burisma biden bidurisma bidenisma whatever

Yeah it is just upsetting. Its almost like they know that they have nothing so they are grasping to bring up anything that could change the narrative.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Retro42 posted:

How bad of a situation does the GOP have to be in to send Gaetz out to attack someone on substance abuse of all things.

If you have to have Matt Gaetz do anything (other than report himself for prison or resign) you're in a bad spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMu3OsssDvU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

*sounds of thunder and lightning cracking in the distance is heard*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

"I read the transcript. It did say us. But there was nothing to suggest he meant the American people." Well of course, ma'am, but these are Republicans you're replying to.