Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panorama
Jul 25, 2003
Just voted now,though I'm in Ealing Southall and we are legion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

So apparently I have shingles, which despite being painful I am taking as a good sign that the red blister rash on my back means that the UK will be turning red this evening?

Also it means I can shitpost and wind myself up with nervous energy all day waiting for the exit polls and results to start coming in rather than pretend to pay attention in work.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
When should we start expecting returns?

We are rooting for you goons! Give the Torries hell

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Bobby Deluxe posted:

God damnit even they are saying to vote Lib in Wantage.

What the gently caress is going on. Am I going insane?

Looks like they're pulling from one of the tactical voting sites.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Please let the jam man grin his biggest grin

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

Spiffster posted:

Exit poll at 10pm UK time and first results starting at around 11pm I think?

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I just wanted to say good luck. We're all counting on you.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Spiffster posted:

Polls close at 10PM, exit poll released shortly after, and then probably about 1AM the first few results. 5/6AM is more or less when we know the overall picture.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Spiffster posted:

10pm exit poll
~12am first results
~1am results start coming in quickly

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Xat_Mi78M

I was in the Momentum office when Steve Coogan dropped in to film this, and I got to meet him. He seemed like a very nice guy, though weirdly a bit nervous.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
Results will take longer to come in from close seats

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ikwaylx posted:

I wish I could say I've been doing a lot to help campaign for a labour victory, but other than talking to friends and trying to get them away from spoiling their ballot and reassuring apathetic labour voters I haven't really been involved, talking politics fills me with horrible anxiety because how many people who I respected and regard as close friends or family would vote for a party who have caused 130000 preventable deaths? It genuinely scares me, and is something I want to eventually come to terms with.
all.

This is important work and you've done well to do it!

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Just voted in Newport west. Dark and lovely drizzle but the polling station was pretty busy. Constant stream of people going in and out. Put a big fat X on the jam man.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Comrade Fakename posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Xat_Mi78M

I was in the Momentum office when Steve Coogan dropped in to film this, and I got to meet him. He seemed like a very nice guy, though weirdly a bit nervous.

Weirdly? We all are mate, he's only human

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Comrades, is hope real? This is such a bad feeling.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Postal voted, ranting at friends to vote, my brother is canvassing. Keeping my fingers crossed here in the US.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
From the Graun:

No idea if they’re genuinely rattled or if it’s just a big brain Don Cummings ploy to scare their soft support into turning out, but...

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Apraxin posted:

From the Graun:

No idea if they’re genuinely rattled or if it’s just a big brain Don Cummings ploy to scare their soft support into turning out, but...

Probably both

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

uk goons as a service to yourselves please do not get your hopes up right now

hope is a mistake and i don't know if that will wind up being ironic like it was in the movie i stole that line from but just like in that movie you're supposed to take it on its face value. Nothing about this election has looked good or smelled right from the start and if you start partying before 1 am because you saw a long line at the polling place you are liable to get your heart brutally stomped and have a hell of a bad day tomorrow

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Braggart posted:

Where's the magic ganja tree, Jeremy?

:2bong: :ntlised:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

hope is real. gently caress off

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Voted Labour in South Ribble, unfortunately a Tory safe seat but hope local Labour candidate can defeat parachute Tory. More concerned about my home consituency of Barrow and Furness going Tory because it has been dominated by Trident since Corbyn became leader.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Just voted Labour. I really do hope Labour win this one.

Aphex- posted:

Just voted in Newport west. Dark and lovely drizzle but the polling station was pretty busy. Constant stream of people going in and out. Put a big fat X on the jam man.

hey I'm voting in Newport East which is strongly Labour. Good to see Ruth Jones get some much needed support.

bessantj fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 12, 2019

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Hope is the cruelest blade

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

hope is a mistake and i don't know if that will wind up being ironic like it was in the movie i stole that line from but just like in that movie you're supposed to take it on its face value. Nothing about this election has looked good or smelled right from the start and if you start partying before 1 am because you saw a long line at the polling place you are liable to get your heart brutally stomped and have a hell of a bad day tomorrow

If we lose we're going to have a hell of a bad day tomorrow regardless, for now we hope.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Heading home now. Thank you thread for making volunteering seem less scary. I had an awesome time and I'm genuinely feeling hopeful :shobon:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

until 22:00 at least we must be optimistic, optimism is a political act.

it's probably going to be bad, we're all aware of that. it's not going to surprise me.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I keep saying it but you're going to die eventually, if you're willing to act as if you're not until you do, you might as well hope until they're dashed, anything else is inconsistent.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Until 22.00 the only explanation is hope and we must act as such.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

CoolCab posted:

until 22:00 at least we must be optimistic, optimism is a political act.

it's probably going to be bad, we're all aware of that. it's not going to surprise me.

i dunno i think it's best just to cast your vote and not think about it again until the count starts. last time i was optimistic and i just wound up drunk

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Hope is the emotion of the left, the neoliberal state wants you to despair and lose hope in democracy.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Voted, tried a last minute appeal to my dad hope it worked.
Polling place was quiet but rural scotland at 4pm to be expected.
Spotted this on FB, seems uhh pointless?

Edinburgh dunno exactly where

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ikwaylx posted:

God I haven't been this anxious since I used to have exams and waiting for results. I swear to god this feeling is the pits.

I wish I could say I've been doing a lot to help campaign for a labour victory, but other than talking to friends and trying to get them away from spoiling their ballot and reassuring apathetic labour voters I haven't really been involved, talking politics fills me with horrible anxiety because how many people who I respected and regard as close friends or family would vote for a party who have caused 130000 preventable deaths? It genuinely scares me, and is something I want to eventually come to terms with.

I've been going to therapy and taking medicines for anxiety and depression, and now I'm in a career I want to be in as well. I've gone from lurking and never posting here to posting semi-regularly, and slowly but surely making me more confident in expressing my political views.

No matter what happens, all of you canvassers are heroes. You're inspiring. Thank you for doing your part to make this country a better place for all of us. Now let's ratfuck Boris once and for all.

I still don't know if I can do another campaign after what this one has done to me, I think a lot of people don't understand how much it hurts some of us to put yourself in that situation, especially on the doorstep. It's in some ways harder than my fear of heights, because at least once I get away from the height the anxiety goes away.

Just do what you can, what you're good at. If what you're good at is helping wavering people out, then do that. You have a place in the world and in the fight.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Apraxin posted:

From the Graun:

That email was probably written months ago and would have been sent out even if the Tories were cruising to an easy landslide.

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010
I voted at 8am this morning, before getting into work. I'm stuck in a constituency where, if the Lib Dems don't get in, it'll definitely be the Tories - and it might be the Tories anyway, so I sucked it up, held my nose, and voted Lib Dem. But I want Corbyn as PM.

Now I have to figure out how to avoid stressing out about whether the rest of the country has decided to continue with this extended suicide for the next 4-to-12 hours. I do have work tomorrow, but I'm very tempted to just start drinking anyway...

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Rockopolis posted:

Hey, good luck. You're all inspirational.

Yes We Have No Bananas?

Thank you thank you so much! Been wracking my brains for ages!
How did you find it?

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
I think my strategy for dealing with the exit poll is to very carefully refresh this thread around 22:00, and if it doesn't instantly have 30 posts that all say HOLY gently caress I'm just going to go straight to bed.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

MrFlibble posted:

Hope is the cruelest blade

Even if Labour lose I think that people are more awake to what is happening and who is doing the damage. Things like Momentum are out there now and can carry on the fight.

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009

Apraxin posted:

From the Graun:

they do this every election tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

everything is swell, friend. The lefts campaign and canvas team has more boots on the ground than the state police.

This is always a good thing.