Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Toxic Mental posted:

lol How is it possible that the UK somehow has an even more useless and awful government and more brain dead populace who vote for them than we do in America to keep voting for these people

it's called one-upsmanship

always gotta be the bigger turd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
at least the lib dems didn't win

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol y'all voted for $300 insulin out of spite hahahahaha

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

MeatwadIsGod posted:

If you take a defeatist attitude now instead of phonebank and canvass for the next two months you're part of the problem hth

Thanks for damning the planet to fascist climate apocalypse Serf

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
stop trying to make jam happen

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i think there's a contradiction between the base and superstructure. integration into the common market means a relative decline in the social and political status of the "gammons" and so they opt to challenge capital's objective priorities on that basis, to shore up their social and political dominance, but it's not a challenge happening on a class basis. to use an analogy it's like capitalism is the goose that lays the golden eggs (which are social and political prizes of dominance for middle-class white british and particularly english people of a conventional background), so when the goose stops laying so many golden eggs, the impulse is to strangle the goose to death and hoard the remaining eggs. that's brexit.

if caught between a reactionary campaign like that and the status quo, i'd pick the status quo. but like with scotland and N.I., brexit also threatens the political integrity of the united kingdom itself; i.e. capitalism's inability to reproduce itself without also destroying itself. so maybe that would be a good thing.

yes of course, which is why even ardent euroskeptics like denis skinner (RIP) campaigned for corbyn's position here, which really is remain with a fig leaf. i'm saying, left-wing opposition to the EU has been and is entirely justified - because it's entirely correct. the EU is not and cannot be anything but a neoliberal project, which is why the demise of neoliberalism is hitting the institution like a runaway train. the silver lining here is that, just maybe, the shock of a hard brexit can actually shake things up a bit - but i very much doubt it. i worry that the EU has to go before something better can replace it

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

probably won't need skin in the future tho right?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

pathetic little tramp posted:

some guy on sky news says he feels sorry for tory voters because brexit isn't going to get done for years and years

well yeah, if they get brexit done people won't have any reason to vote for them next election

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Really when you think about it it’s a good thing, the EU doesn’t deserve to have a poo poo country full of lovely racist poo poo people from the UK feeding off of it like a cancerous tumor and the voters proved it today

Serf
May 5, 2011

punished milkman posted:

Thanks for damning the planet to fascist climate apocalypse Serf

thanks, working hard!

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Lastgirl posted:

that reminds me, hit up universities and hoard thermite and other compounds that you can synthesize! also take lab equipment and strip more copper wiring from panelings, and batteries, everything!!! get a lorry with 2 people you trust your life with!!

Chemist here. You don't need to hit up a chemistry lab to make thermite, you just need

Wait this is a setup isn't it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

There's a show called "Can't Pay - We'll Take it Away" about UK collection agents on netflix

I'm imagining basically more of that but now they're coming for your replacement hips

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol so does this mean that the UK just crashed out of the EU?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

spacemang_spliff posted:

no

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Goon Danton posted:

Chemist here. You don't need to hit up a chemistry lab to make thermite, you just need

it's a witch! start burning the books to get the stake warmed up

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

spacemang_spliff posted:

that's next month

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Goon Danton posted:

too bad moridin's banned

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

finally a distraction from disasters they caused themselves for once

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Y’all enjoy that excellent privatised healthcare, just don’t get sick is what I hear them say

Notice I spelled it with an s just for you to have it really sink in

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

Brexit timeline has greatly accelerated, could be wrapped up within 5 or 10 years now!

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Brexit is good muhahaha

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

stop trying to make jam happen

https://twitter.com/sullydish/status/1205256001714376704

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
:)

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

spacemang_spliff posted:

no, but they'll get the agreement ratified before christmas, be sure of it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
conservative dipshit:] heh we meme magic trump into the presidency, same with brexit

also conservative dipshit:] heh, online isn't real, knock off the wokeness lmfao stop trying to make jam happen

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
If this exit poll is right, we need to come together, outside government and support each other.
I will give my skills and time to comrades who need help- and expect that others will do the same in return.

I'm a plumber and (out-of-date)gas engineer - I also recently fixed my roof rather than use the insurance - I'll use these skills for comrades that need them.

If this is the way the UK is going down the route that the Exit poll shows, we need to band together outside official channels just to survive.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
apparently number is UP on this good, hard-brexit news

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
unban pissflaps imo
hes the voice we need in these trying times

Serf
May 5, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

Y’all enjoy that excellent privatised healthcare, just don’t get sick is what I hear them say

my monthly insurance payment is going up $40 in 2020, so i look forward to my british comrades who will get the fun of seeing their bills increase every year

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao when the next blair that gets appointed labour leader wins massively in 2024 because brexit has happened

It will own

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

pathetic little tramp posted:

some guy on sky news says he feels sorry for tory voters because brexit isn't going to get done for years and years

they'll be dead by then

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

spacemang_spliff posted:

Brexit means Brexit.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

conservative dipshit:] heh we meme magic trump into the presidency, same with brexit

also conservative dipshit:] heh, online isn't real, knock off the wokeness lmfao stop trying to make jam happen

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao when the next blair that gets appointed labour leader wins massively in 2024 because brexit has happened

will there be anything left for them to privatise at that point?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

elections aren't real folks

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
And that's why electoralism doesn't work, folks.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Toxic Mental posted:

Brits should substitute booze for weed, is my advice. Just take Russia in the 90s for example. VERY BAD!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Job market for "bloggers who make graphs trying to figure out how to make privatized healthcare work" about to get real

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

one more silver lining: the lib dems are loving dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lastgirl posted: