Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

professor metis posted:

One of the best reads in Heavy Petting is the Foster Care thread, particularly if you just read the OP's posts for the very up-and-down emotional story of Butterscotch.

Butterscotch :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Weird how the poster advocating dogfighting is also the one that glossed over the :wtc: factor of carrying a hammer around to murder dogs in order to argue about the correct method of hurting dogs :thunk:

Werong Bustope posted:

She was one of the PI star posters for a long time and mostly the authority on pitbulls in there I guess.

That's super hosed-up considering the post of hers quoted ITT, tbh

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Oh the herp thread is also excellent and has many adorable snakes and spiders and sometimes frogs.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
threads that just post cute animals are good
this goes for reddit too, to be fair

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

GIP dogge thread best thread

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

PYF cute thread is pretty high up there.

For more saga-y uplifting things, this thread about a homeless goon finally getting a home is a good read: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3721280

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Jesus, that "just bash a dog's head in with a hammer until you break its muzzle" post is... :stare:

I dated a postal worker for 6 years, and if there's anyone who's gotta worry about random dog attacks, it's a mail carrier. He carried pepper spray just in case (and never had to use, thank heavens). You don't have to carry a loving hammer and permanently gently caress up someone's pet who's just trying to protect their turf, holy poo poo. Hell, I used to do political canvassing a couple years ago, which involved walking around neighborhoods and coming up people's front sidewalks in the dark, and I didn't carry even pepper spray, let alone a claw-hook hammer or a baseball bat. So the best part is them saying you "won't look like a nutcase" for carrying a hammer every time you walk your dog. Yes, yes you will. :psyduck:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If all you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Walking back and forth in an open field, hoping I can kill enough dogs to class-change to Dragoon.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Lol, just lol, if you don’t carry a revolver to protect yourself from dogs drawn to your velocipede.

[56k no]

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"I fear no tramp."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This one is even better. :eyepop:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

See, this just illustrates that I don' know enough about taxidermists.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Mastering the manly art of savate to protect myself from muggers, highwaymen, brigands, footpads, and adowable widdle pitties.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Tiler Kiwi posted:

comedy podcast popular with what is known as the "dirtbag left"; theres a lot of overlap between them and the more-overtly political podcast "chapo trap house". The wikipedia entry for chapo more or less describes their particular strain of thought accurately

also first time i was exposed to pet island there was a mod (i think) going off the rails about how trying to breed a less "gamey" pitbull would be ruining the breed

We should breed pit bulls to maximize marbling and tenderness.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Hub Cat posted:

Wow I thought this was an exaggeration but uh yeah.

Oh cool this person has posted as recently as November

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Platystemon posted:

.32-100 confused the hell out of me, but googling shows that it's some kind of obsolete rimfire round. Can't find any solid matches other than blurry pics of old collectible ammo boxes, so I have no idea how much the extra 8oz. No.2 cane really increases your chance to taxidermy highwaymen.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Cum town is a show that will do bits ranging from what if Batman characters were gay to twenty minutes spent discussing the McLaughlin group and what if John McLaughlin was constantly trying to gently caress Eleanor Clift

Nick's knowledge of the McLaughlin Group is kinda impressive tbh

It'll also rot your loving brain until every song you hear can have it's lyrics changed to be about gay sex including the NFL theme

Stay away

Nooo dude

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Neophyte posted:

.32-100 confused the hell out of me, but googling shows that it's some kind of obsolete rimfire round. Can't find any solid matches other than blurry pics of old collectible ammo boxes, so I have no idea how much the extra 8oz. No.2 cane really increases your chance to taxidermy highwaymen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.32_rimfire

Out of a two‐foot barrel, it’s similar to .380 ACP, on the weaker side of today’s typical handguns.

.22 LR is incredibly weak by comparison. A taxidermist could happily shoot rabbits with it, but I wouldn’t want to be a rabbit armed with a .22, attempting to defend myself against a taxidermist.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Antivehicular posted:

Okay, so apparently I misremembered the "nobody was a dogfighting advocate" bit. Christ on a bike.

PI's always had a misogynistic "I'm not like all those dumb [furmommy] bitches" undercurrent to it, especially on the dog side. What's happening in that post is taking the fairly reasonable stance of "If you're going to invest in boosting, raising, and breeding a specific dog breed with a clear function, they should be happy, healthy, and able to engage in something like that intended function, or else you're just perpetuating a lovely inbred bloodline for no reason and to the detriment of living animals" but then dialing it up to the most extreme crazyperson tone imagineable.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Platystemon posted:

dogs I get but who wants to kill johnny cash and willie nelson

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nuns with Guns posted:

but then dialing it up to the most extreme crazyperson tone imagineable.
*checks URL*

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Death Ray is still name searching himself on Twitter, if you wanna see a dude show up in your mentions and tweet about how chill and not mad he is at all this.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Death Ray is still name searching himself on Twitter, if you wanna see a dude show up in your mentions and tweet about how chill and not mad he is at all this.

Hmmm. I don’t think I want that at all, actually.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm p happy pointing and laughing at him where I am. It's obviously very normal and sane to name-search yourself and not at all the sign of a narcissist whose butt will never not be mad.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Platystemon posted:

Bloodborne 2 looking good

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Platystemon posted:

Finally, a weapon Pick would endorse

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

His all-encompassing need to direct attention to himself is impressive that's for sure, check this little gem from QCS, mostly overlooked thanks to the rest of the poo poo going down there at the time:

Ralp posted:

I don't care what you call any forum but maybe unsticky my reverse gas chamber challenge thread so I don't keep getting weird PMs like this

If I begin a thread, am I a 'mod'? posted:

I am unclear on some of the awesome power that comes from starting a thread.

Is anyone who begins a thread the "moderator" of that thread, or is that a special distinction given out by SA? I ask because I know it is the mod's responsibility to police the threads and to hand out probabtions if necessary. I would like to know how I will go about doing this (who needs to be contacted) if I start a thread and someone acts up.

I'm sorry if this sounds noobish. I couldn't find the answers in the forum rules. Can you help?

-Death Ray

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Hmmm. I don’t think I want that at all, actually.

It was funny for like 2 tweets but now he's chain-posting weird "I did nothing wrong and I'm laughing at you all actually" screeds at me, tbh I think he wins because I want to block him now

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bogus Adventure posted:

Finally, a weapon Pick would endorse

I own a gun, dude!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
whaddua mean pick doesn't wield a pick

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pick posted:

I own a gun, dude!

thats terrifying

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Pick has visited my home multiple times and I experience a perfectly normal rate of injuries and mishap

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

whaddua mean pick doesn't wield a pick

Picks are suboptimal choices and should really only be used for challenge runs unless you want to waste time farming up weapon buff reagents

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Nuns with Guns posted:

PI's always had a misogynistic "I'm not like all those dumb [furmommy] bitches" undercurrent to it, especially on the dog side. What's happening in that post is taking the fairly reasonable stance of "If you're going to invest in boosting, raising, and breeding a specific dog breed with a clear function, they should be happy, healthy, and able to engage in something like that intended function, or else you're just perpetuating a lovely inbred bloodline for no reason and to the detriment of living animals" but then dialing it up to the most extreme crazyperson tone imagineable.

It’s like the angry dog food SNL commercial but real

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Pick has visited my home multiple times and I experience a perfectly normal rate of injuries and mishap

We also need to have another movie night at my place!

e: also it is ridiculous I keep forgetting to bring you catnip

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The secret of my gun is that my grandma insisted but I wasn't comfortable with it, so instead of not have a gun, she got me a taser and said it was important for me to have that until I learn to use the gun. She has now passed and I have a taser, and also my uncle misunderstood what she wanted to have happen so he also bought me a stun gun. They're all in the gun safe because I do not know how to properly use any of these things.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Attach them all together

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
I feel like i would like this thread title better if it was a punctuation match of Farewell You! Black Emperor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Attach them all together