Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
boris johnson is now an official prime minister, his credentials can't be doubted, he is no longer an usurper

just lettin that sink in~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

idk he's awkward? for comparison, i wouldn't let a woman i know be alone with johnson and swinson is literally unbearable to me.

one would hope that by now people had realized that politics is just a popularity contest and lovable oaf goofy charmer will win every time over Craggs McCraggers and his particular Dry Tones no matter what the issue is

What I’m saying is that we need a goofy charming mussed up Labour Party pol to run

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
so are you expecting a hard or soft brexit with this type of majority?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

twoday posted:

we will all die at a ripe old age with someone chanting the book of c-spam over our wretched elderly bodies while sprinkling our corpses with gin, a psalter full of weed and juul cartridges being waved around to perfume the air

don't threaten me with a good time

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

one would hope that by now people had realized that politics is just a popularity contest and lovable oaf goofy charmer will win every time over Craggs McCraggers and his particular Dry Tones no matter what the issue is

What I’m saying is that we need a goofy charming mussed up Labour Party pol to run

oh ok you're a dumbass

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

real talk Corbyn to me, as a foreigner, seemed always pretty solid under duress and articulate

like I even thought every now and then that he could have been much more of a firebrand to ignite the everliving gently caress out of Boris

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

neutral milf hotel posted:

so are you expecting a hard or soft brexit with this type of majority?

the tories all voting for a deal doesn't mean the EU's gonna accept it, and the deals have been pretty dumb so

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

oh ok you're a dumbass

You put too much faith in the masses to vote for their own good

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

individual personality doesn't matter when the entire bourgeois media is against you

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Toxic Mental posted:

Have you ever actually heard Corbyn try to be relatable or charming

literally the most relatable and charming person I've ever seen in British politics. like what the gently caress is wrong with you people?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grondoth posted:

Ah. Yeah, I think brexit doomed you all. A bad idea to hold the referendum, a bad idea to leave the EU, a bad plan to leave the EU, and when it's all told this is gonna be the end of the UK as we've known it.

For real at this point there's not gonna be a UK in 2030.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/jojolomu/status/1205256634823561218

hope

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVrHlxYXsmc

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

isn’t there only like 80,000 people in England

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Atrocious Joe posted:

real question, what do people dislike about Corbyn if its not over Brexit or antisemitism?

One of the main reasons is that British news media is uniquely dire and insular. British people may be aware of this (hence iirc trust in journalists as a profession is lower in Britain than in any other developed country) but if your entire exposure to a public figure is mediated through the lens of the media, you can't really help but end up agreeing with their biases.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

literally the most relatable and charming person I've ever seen in British politics. like what the gently caress is wrong with you people?

he didn't eat enough raw onions i guess

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
That's a huge sample size for a poll, though. Like US polls are often 100x smaller.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Grondoth posted:

Ah. Yeah, I think brexit doomed you all. A bad idea to hold the referendum, a bad idea to leave the EU, a bad plan to leave the EU, and when it's all told this is gonna be the end of the UK as we've known it.

good

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Pomp posted:

losing your NHS should be a civil war worthy issue tbh, you are in for a nightmare you cannot fathom

For real that Roy Batty line "Quite an experience to live in fear"? Very same

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
:bravo:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/JamesDMorris/status/1205270343713247234

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Don't get your hopes up. It's best to just assume the worst has happened and be pleasantly surprised if it's slightly better than that. We've had enough devastating elections now to know better.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Things you Brits will need:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

so is Boris pm now for 5 years ?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
So... Scotland getting a second indy ref?

... How would one go about applying for asylum?

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Well at least we still got that Sanders is well liked and antisemitism smear will be a lot trickier for them on him. I assume it will be that all his supporters are anti-semitic though but they still gotta explain why all those people want to make a Jew the most powerful person in the world. Plus outside of maybe a bloomberg spoiler there is a lot less of a threat from a third party run.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Grondoth posted:

Well, I mean the Queen is still alive and should be for the next five years so you won't have to deal with BoJo
In power during her funeral.

And now to turn on the breaking news where everyone is wearing black arm bands for some reason

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

euphronius posted:

so is Boris pm now for 5 years ?

technically until britain doesn't exist, and then he will be prime minister of whatevers left

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol he's hillary but left

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Toxic Mental posted:

Have you ever actually heard Corbyn try to be relatable or charming

Yes?

https://twitter.com/BenJolly9/status/1195324686265200642?s=19

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I like Corbyn’s ideas but I’m not so blinded by them that I can’t see he’s would be considered unlikeable, but then again what British pol isnt

I think a lot of people who are huge Labour supporters can’t see that and I hate to say “optics” because it’s stupid but I think a huge part of the country sees him as stern uncle Jeremy

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

just a little brexit its still good its still good

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hillary Corbyn

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/TalentedVoter/status/1205248278876610562?s=20

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

One and Two are the same thing, probably. Decades of austerity has left people with limited political imagination. These days any mention of spending on the poor will cause people to convulse. There's not any leftist candidate you could run that wouldn't have this problem.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ive been saying this a lot before but might as well say again

Britain deserves everything it gets

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

the media has spent the last 4 years smearing corbyn and people are surprised it worked

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

oh cool guess i can add another election to the loss column. never been on the winning side once in my entire voting lifetime.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Toxic Mental posted:

I like Corbyn’s ideas but I’m not so blinded by them that I can’t see he’s would be considered unlikeable, but then again what British pol isnt

I think a lot of people who are huge Labour supporters can’t see that and I hate to say “optics” because it’s stupid but I think a huge part of the country sees him as stern uncle Jeremy

Yeah English people are slovenly peons who only understand the language of a riding crop being whipped in their face. This is well established.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Raffles posted:

oh cool guess i can add another election to the loss column. never been on the winning side once in my entire voting lifetime.

the one time i voted for a winner at the national level it was obama so haha gently caress me i guess