Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Justine Greening: "a lot of these communities are giving up on Labour as things haven't been getting better and they're thinking it's time to give someone else a try"

It's been ten loving years of Tory's in government gently caress

However it was that Johnson managed to position himself as if he was the opposition outsider in this election, it was masterful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
me rn:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I am loving screaming internally gently caress

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got a poo poo load of booze from my redundancy earlier this year which is all still there since I don't really drink. It's not gonna last the weekend.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

peanut- posted:

Justine Greening: "a lot of these communities are giving up on Labour as things haven't been getting better and they're thinking it's time to give someone else a try"

However it was that Johnson managed to position himself as if he was the opposition outsider in this election, it was masterful.

Ridiculous! Labour weren't even in power - how could things get better!
They will get hammered by brexit.
These are probably the people who think the Sun is a Labour paper.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

serious gaylord posted:

My man, there aren;t any pro labour tweets at the moment to show. This is loving horrid.

sure but how about posting people other than Caroline Flint as an example of the mood in the party

like they finally have a chance to show non-wreckers being negative about Labour but nope it's the usual suspects

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

ZeeBoi posted:

Northern England is trash

can loving confirm

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Source4Leko posted:

Whelp looks like I was wrong. Sorry to hear about your country, but I am sure that well beat you out for making even worse decisions next November. But this does have me motivated to finally get off my rear end and get involved again, so there's that.

Yep. I'm more motivated than ever to gently caress poo poo up over here. Sorry, UK. Hang in there. This just means that we keep fighting until we're dead. None of us chose or wanted this poo poo, but it's what we have so gently caress it, I'm all in.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Sunderland Central again almost no swing to the Tories, but massive swing to the Brexit Party.

It's Farage not Swinson that hosed us

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

peanut- posted:

may was so incompetent that people interpret that as a labor government lol

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

If it's any consolation, when hard Brexit fucks everything the youth can just beat up the gammons and leave them to starve to death.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Good.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Craptacular! posted:

American who dreams of a unified Ireland in my lifetime, but I don’t think so. The loyalists will get more and more Nazi-like first, and I’m not sure the Tories will bother to discourage it.

Also, watching BBC World and what is BRX? Did they rename UKIP or something?

Can we not. I live in NI and I’m from a non-loyalist/unionist background. My partner and I have very obviously Irish surnames.

Fuckin scared.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
Well this was terrible, I'm gonna watch The Expanse episodes that just dropped to cheer myself up.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

I think if labour made a strong, left case for brexit they probably would have done a lot better in the polling. It’s a fallacy to suggest that brexit is rightist and the EU is a leftist project. brexit is popular with the UK public, labour should have capitalized on wedge issues like forced privatization of rail, post, and airports.

Brexit isn't popular, at the absolute best about half of the population is pro Brexit and half against. Labour was inherently structurally weak to the brexit issue because of how its seats and voter base were set up.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

These are probably the people who think the Sun is a Labour paper.

gently caress 'em. They voted for this, they get what they deserve.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I've had this open on my computer for the past few days for various reasons. As silly and cliche and nerdy as it is, it somehow keeps giving me a pick up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7pCb-AWhMY

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

I hate this loving country.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I wonder if Labour had gone full remain - well they would get a leaver pasting, and if they had gone full leave, they would have got a remainer pasting. I wonder what the net effect of either choice would have been?

Aren't the libdems losing everything right now and were full-on remainers?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Wow. Maybe I was wrong, the entire bar just erupted with them all singing 'ooh Jeremy Corbyn'. It does my black and broken heart good.

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if you know a tory.

kill them

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I might feel better if people who didn't vote for it weren't going to get what the people who did deserve much faster.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
My Britain is gently caress all

gently caress this place

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

If you have actually been paying attention to NI politics the loyalists loving despise BoJo with a burning passion that packed out halls with screams of BETRAYAL and promises of widespread civil disobedience - the Tories have leaped up the Unionist poo poo list to levels not seen since the Anglo Irish agreement days and are probably current higher than Fenians and the pope

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

ZeeBoi posted:

Northern England is trash

This is why Labour has lost the northern heartlands.

Labour has taken them for granted since the 70's and the recent crop of southern party apparatchiks have given them no reason to think that they will bring back jobs to the north.

If Labour wants to win they are going to have to stop taking the north for granted.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

from tomorrow we take all the energy that went into this election and we throw it into parallel structures, so that at least some of the marginalised might survive what's coming. homeless outreach, foodbanks, anti-racism, supporting anyone who gets thrown off benefits and has nothing else to live on. wildcat strikes any time the tory fuckers give us the slightest excuse. if we have to build a better society ourselves, with our own hands and sweat and blood, let's loving do it and show that out here at least someone still cares.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
What is wrong with northerners... How come London is the biggest Labour stronghold now

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Foxtrot_13 posted:

This is why Labour has lost the northern heartlands.

Labour has taken them for granted since the 70's and the recent crop of southern party apparatchiks have given them no reason to think that they will bring back jobs to the north.

If Labour wants to win they are going to have to stop taking the north for granted.

you deserve what's about to happen to you

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

kustomkarkommando posted:

If you have actually been paying attention to NI politics the loyalists loving despise BoJo with a burning passion that packed out halls with screams of BETRAYAL and promises of widespread civil disobedience - the Tories have leaped up the Unionist poo poo list to levels not seen since the Anglo Irish agreement days and are probably current higher than Fenians and the pope

why do youthink this matters

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Chuff McNothing posted:

nah gently caress this

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Unionists and nationalists put aside their differences to focus on blowing up tories, ireland achieves lasting peace.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

vaguely posted:

from tomorrow we take all the energy that went into this election and we throw it into parallel structures, so that at least some of the marginalised might survive what's coming. homeless outreach, foodbanks, anti-racism, supporting anyone who gets thrown off benefits and has nothing else to live on. wildcat strikes any time the tory fuckers give us the slightest excuse. if we have to build a better society ourselves, with our own hands and sweat and blood, let's loving do it and show that out here at least someone still cares.

Yeah. We weren't wrong, friends. Better things are still possible.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Flayer posted:

What is wrong with northerners... How come London is the biggest Labour stronghold now

Nigel Farage is the best ever fash spook

bond-level

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

pippy posted:

Well this was terrible, I'm gonna watch The Expanse episodes that just dropped to cheer myself up.

Oh poo poo they dropped? i should really watch but i think i might be too distracted by the poo poo going down

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Flayer posted:

Everything sucks so let’s make it worse is now an ideology. Like accelerationism but without the aim of things getting better at a threshold.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Chuff McNothing posted:

No, don't do this. Never mind what people deserve. That's not useful and it's not good for you.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Jose posted:

nah gently caress this

It's a cathartic thing

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Hamelekim posted:

It's as though they believe the Brexit movement isn't inherently racist. Seems as long as you are a wealthy pro-business Jew then it's fine to support racism against the browns and anyone from Eastern Europe? But don't criticize Israel or you will end up smeared by the media.

The difference is that turning away foreigners from impoverished nations who don’t have much money and accepting foreigners from wealthy countries who can afford to integrate themselves isn’t racist. It’s a lot of things, and a number of negative terms exist, but racist isn’t one of them.

Brexit is more about class more than race. Trump is more blatantly racist; he’d rather have a lower class Norwegian than the wealthiest Indian and we don’t have to ask why.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

vaguely posted:

This is a good post. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Jose posted:

why do youthink this matters

Because it means Irish reunification within the next decade.