Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

OctoberCountry posted:

Just checking in. Is everyone hosed?

we have yet to be unfucked so yes

DISCLAIMER: THIS POST DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained within this post are for informational purposes only. No material in this post is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this post or the replies to this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

OctoberCountry posted:

Kinda depends on things. Are you in the UK?

Cause if so, lmao.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Predictit now showing that Labour may underperform the exit poll projection

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Raccooon posted:

So Sanders has to win now. The cancer has to be rooted out at the source

I think Steve Jobs tried to vote his cancer out

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

OctoberCountry posted:

*Crunching numbers with receipt tape flying everywhere* ...yup

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Al! posted:

remember to convert your civilian factories to military factories

but then how will i build more military factories?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

actionjackson posted:

Is there any language more bizarre than Welsh? Possibly but I have no idea how people even pronounce those "words."

Irish Gaelic is also pretty odd. I think it's because both languages are based on a non-Latin alphabet so they look a bit crazy and have weird rules when presented in an Anglicized form.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Kind of feels like Sanders represents the last desperate shot for a dying planet to survive.

No pressure or anything America.

Lol the fate of the UK NHS may hinge on if Sanders is President during the negotiations.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

this is why labour lost

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

So the Brexit deal has to be approved by the EU? If they keep rejecting them is the UK required to stay within the EU?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

The Muppets On PCP posted:

tbf it's being spearheaded by the same people in charge of leaving the eu so it's not an entirely unreasonable assumption they'll screw that up too

The EU isn't trying to help them along. Meanwhile Aetna and Kaiser Permanente fuckin' love the idea of opening it up to privatization and will absolutely have a lot of really great suggestions on how to get it done.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

"the conservatives pass a deal" doesn't mean "the EU says yeah sure the deal is fine"

I fully expect at this point in hellworld timeline that it'll go:
- Boris drops a dumb-as-poo poo deal on the table
- EU says "lol wut are you smoking"
- Boris says YOU CAN'T NOT TAKE THIS DEAL, OUR SOVERIGNITY DEMANDS IT
- No deal crashout by what like march

I thought the EU already agreed to his deal because it was pretty much Theresa May's deal but with a customs border in the Irish Sea

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

jezza hosed it

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

actionjackson posted:

So the Brexit deal has to be approved by the EU? If they keep rejecting them is the UK required to stay within the EU?

if there is a deal, it has to be approved by the eu

the uk can just gently caress off without a deal, however, and that would be insanely funny and also probably kill tens of thousands of people within a month

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

OctoberCountry posted:

primarily the english and welsh, secondarily the other british, and strange days for the irish

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

BGrifter posted:

Kind of feels like Sanders represents the last desperate shot for a dying planet to survive.

No pressure or anything America.

Xi Jinping could always overthrow the First World.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

doesn’t this say all those reasons are tied

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

actionjackson posted:

It was approved two months ago.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Sunderland Til I Die (of too expensive insulin)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

It’s time to admit Nigel Farage is an extraordinarily talented politician

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
UK gonna get shock doctrine'd lol

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

BMX Ninja posted:

Irish Gaelic is also pretty odd. I think it's because both languages are based on a non-Latin alphabet so they look a bit crazy and have weird rules when presented in an Anglicized form.

But...English is based on a non-Latin alphabet

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

1) gently caress sake
2) lol "Dungworth"

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

VitalSigns posted:

I thought the EU already agreed to his deal because it was pretty much Theresa May's deal but with a customs border in the Irish Sea

this is true. of course, the deal is simply a withdrawal agreement which when it expires will very conceivably mean no-deal brexit.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

This is a great preview, people will vote against their own interests straight to extinction. Looking forward to seeing Greta age up on time covers as we all starve and/or are shot.

Can't wait to watch my loved ones die homeless without health care one by one until it's my turn

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Raffles posted:

jezza hosed it

no dinner egg tonight for this lass :sigh:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Raffles posted:

jezza hosed it

jezza presented a clear concise and comprehensive superior choice. cant blame him for the electorate being fuckin idiots at the polls

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

the Brits went full chud eh

makes sense

trump

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the tories are gonna replace the NHS with sex robots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzO2mi4uHAs

congrats, friends

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

actionjackson posted:

Boris already agreed to some EU terms, I think it's just needing to pass some internal poo poo in the UK? And then get ratified again by the EU?

Technically the EU can't like, force the UK to stay, but the UK has to figure out a way to maintain trade agreements and diplomatic arrangements with EU states. Previously this has all been just part of being part of the EU, but now poo poo like "can you ship a thing to/from the continent" has to be readdressed.

If the UK bails without a deal at all the default answer will be "no" and the EU will prevent individual countries from negotiating it separately.

Basically the US, Canada, and the Scandinavian states become the UK's only real trade partners.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The final betrayal...

Ed Balls, a former Labour minister, has said on ITV News that Brexit played a part in the result but certainly wasn’t the only factor.

Comparing this election to 1983, he said part of the reason for the huge loss then was “a leader who didn’t command public trust and a manifesto that people feared was going to be expensive and difficult for them to deal with”.

He said Labour candidates had been hearing on the doorsteps that voters were fearful about security.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

it's good to note that under labour i would of become an employee with worker rights. a lot of the people i worked with were against becoming workers and having rights because it would of been bad for the company.

these people also complain about low wages, no job security and no shifts.

i can honestly say im not going to bother striking with them again or showing sympathy for when they are fired by email.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Squizzle posted:

jezza presented a clear concise and comprehensive superior choice. cant blame him for the electorate being fuckin idiots at the polls

i mean it is his job to get people to vote for him

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Squizzle posted:

Shoulda put a bangin' donk on the comprehensive and superior choice

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Raccooon posted:

So Sanders has to win now. The cancer has to be rooted out at the source
i'm still optimistic he can pull it off but man, i'm a little less confident after today

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

now everything makes sense, I didn't realize the brexit party pulled out of tory ridings, because I expected vote splitting equally. pretty brilliant move honestly and requires a hell of a lot of discipline to form a party with the full acknowledgement that you're acting as a spoiler and have no other reason to exist.

gorgmatic
Apr 25, 2006

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't
ALLAH IS ALL MERCIFUL
Haven't posted in a donkey's age but uh... yeah. Commiserations to this drat decent thread from Perfidious AmeriKKKa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfpRm-p7qlY

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Before I die I will see tech start ups making suicide booths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

how was corbyn supposed to win with 1) a useless spoiler party sucking up remainers 2) labour exiteers voting tory 3) tory voters voting...tory

this is just another example that the left needs to be prepared for how conservatives/fascists and capitalists make sure of the combined effects of mass migration from global warming and austerity politics of the new long depression