Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Condolences, UK goons. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Beefeater1980 posted:

The forces of reaction are obviously very strong, and its looking like we can’t beat them in a straight fight. It has to come as a surprise at the last minute like in 2017, or we need to outflank them by looking less radical so we don’t trigger a full response like we had this time.
That's the thing, we need a manifesto that suckers in the melts and then day one 'oh no we accidentally put an extra zero on the end of the corporate tax lol"

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
How likely is Scotland to actually go independence

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Venomous posted:

Last week of the election. gently caress it.

:toxx: If the Conservative Party forms the next UK government at Westminster, I will donate £20 to Mermaids. :toxx:

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

I'll match that :toxx:

At least Mermaids are going to be up £40

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I'll donate in the morning when I'm not full of nihilism

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

Beefeater1980 posted:

The forces of reaction are obviously very strong, and its looking like we can’t beat them in a straight fight. It has to come as a surprise at the last minute like in 2017, or we need to outflank them by looking less radical so we don’t trigger a full response like we had this time.

At this point the democratic solution looks a bit stale, don't you think?

If the majority of the population are wrong and easily manipulated, democracy is the problem.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Just a reminder, I'm off to bed:

Crisis and Support Lines.

https://justpaste.it/uk-crisis-and-support-lines

Please take care of yourselves. This isn't the end.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I am suicidal. The country and the whole world are dominated by small-minded bigots who think wealth and power are more important than human life. Why should I have to stay alive for this garbage world? My brother's cat died and it was an omen, there's nothing joyful for anyone except the shittiest people.

I won't actually kill myself because I don't want to devastate my mother. I'll be meeting her tomorrow for coffee and cake, and then to go shopping. And I'm scared of attempting suicide and failing painfully. But I don't like it, and I hope a black hole eats the whole planet, so we can be equal in apocalyptic death.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I’m genuinely sorry UK goons. I truly hoped Labour would beat the odds. I know how losing like this feels.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
I think the EU should invade

I think they should ban the english hamguage in schools cause its clearly part of the problem

Also cricket

The Interloper
Jan 11, 2010

- dig that bunky feat -
Salad Prong
there's only one thing I'm still praying for in this election and that is to see the CUKs and lib dems get loving flattened

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

That's the thing, we need a manifesto that suckers in the melts and then day one 'oh no we accidentally put an extra zero on the end of the corporate tax lol"

Basically yes, I think probably you have to hide the radical payload inside a centrist delivery mechanism. It should be complicated to understand how Labour’s policy will gently caress with the rich, so that anyone trying to talk about that will have to really get into the detail and will be fighting against the perception of the leader (whoever it is) as basically part of the establishment. Then you probably get the media defecting.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I think it would be a good idea to invite more conservatives to post here. This place is an echo chamber, we are so out of tune unfortunately. I was really hoping Brexit would not happen.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...

Enigma89 posted:

I think it would be a good idea to invite more conservatives to post here. This place is an echo chamber, we are so out of tune unfortunately. I was really hoping Brexit would not happen.

All the paedos are on other forums dude

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Jollity Farm posted:

I am suicidal. The country and the whole world are dominated by small-minded bigots who think wealth and power are more important than human life. Why should I have to stay alive for this garbage world? My brother's cat died and it was an omen, there's nothing joyful for anyone except the shittiest people.

I won't actually kill myself because I don't want to devastate my mother. I'll be meeting her tomorrow for coffee and cake, and then to go shopping. And I'm scared of attempting suicide and failing painfully. But I don't like it, and I hope a black hole eats the whole planet, so we can be equal in apocalyptic death.

“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something. That's the only thing that never fails. You may grow old and trembling in your anatomies, you may lie awake at night listening to the disorder of your veins, you may miss your only love, you may see the world about you devastated by evil lunatics, or know your honour trampled in the sewers of baser minds. There is only one thing for it then — to learn. Learn why the world wags and what wags it. That is the only thing which the mind can never exhaust, never alienate, never be tortured by, never fear or distrust, and never dream of regretting. Learning is the only thing for you.”

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Saith posted:

the english hamguage

because gammonometer wasn't enough?

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Jollity Farm posted:

If you find yourself in Manchester and you need someone to reach out to, PM me :sympathy: better days are ahead of us

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Looks pretty bad right now ngl.

The fight continues comrades.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Enigma89 posted:

counterpoint: gently caress off, Tories are fascists and we do not need fascist voices on this forum

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Enigma89 posted:

what, specifically, would having gammons in here have helped apart from demoralize people who were doing their best to help labour?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Enigma89 posted:

Yes I definitely want to hear more about why the most important thing in life is to keep taxes low for the rich and powerful. I don't hear that enough from my own loving family.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Purple Prince posted:

At this point the democratic solution looks a bit stale, don't you think?

If the majority of the population are wrong and easily manipulated, democracy is the problem.

Yeah but what’s the fix? If the masses won’t vote left they won’t fight for the left in the streets. They’ll fight for the right, with the state and its security apparatus on their side.

I mean if we are losing I don’t think the answer is to rerun the same battle but with higher stakes.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Enigma89 posted:

Why are you being so politically correct

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...

Tanith posted:

because gammonometer wasn't enough?

Every word spoken en anglais has the taste of a tory politicians rancid, crusty semen

Because its a pig tongue

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The melts appear to have largely stuck with Labour as much as they were going to. It was the advent of naked far-right fascism that peeled votes away. Don't look at a country that's rejected sensible moderation in favour of blatant racist scam artistry and pretend that appearing to be sensible moderates would help in any meaningful way. The media's made it clear what it believes acceptable thought to be, and it's not something that any usefully left-wing party could plausibly imitate.

Our only remaining hope is to tap into the anger of all those hosed over by the Tories and go for the throat - but to be honest, I'm not sure that British democracy is going to survive this in any useful state. We're heading straight for a catastrophic loss of sovereignty in a period of global crisis. This is really loving bad.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Canon lads, Rokossovsky got his teeth pulled out by the NKVD and still came back and crushed the Nazis!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Beefeater1980 posted:

Yeah but what’s the fix? If the masses won’t vote left they won’t fight for the left in the streets. They’ll fight for the right, with the state and its security apparatus on their side.

I mean if we are losing I don’t think the answer is to rerun the same battle but with higher stakes.

You think they're going to accept our surrender. That's cute.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I don't want to talk to conservatives. Certainly not Conservatives with a capital c. I came to this thread in the hope of not seeing people smugly crowing about how great it is that the world is a lovely place.

"Sounds like you can't handle debate :smug:" Yeah, you're drat right I can't. gently caress you.

Gavrilo Princip
Feb 4, 2007

Jollity Farm posted:

You're thinking too small; a collapse of the quantum fields responsible for the fundamental forces to a lower energy level would wipe out the universe, propagating at the speed of light. Better still, no structure capable of knowing suffering could ever arise again.

https://www.sns.ias.edu/pitp2/2011files/PhysRevD.21.3305.pdf

(page 21, top of the second column if you're not fond of speculative general relativity equations)

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
It's just a slow inevitable decline from here on out in britain as a whole

Fml

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
praxiscast is lovely and you should all join us, it's way better than the BBC

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

Beefeater1980 posted:

You don't need the masses on your side to take control of the political process, as the right knows and the left should go back to exploiting following this result.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Enigma89 posted:

arent you literally a nazi

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Enigma89 posted:

From the party that gave us Boris Johnson....

fatelvis
Mar 21, 2010

out of curiosity, how do you all feel about novara media. They don't seem to be mentioned here all that often. (I'm wondering if they are somehow secret shitebags and I haven't noticed)

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Jollity Farm posted:

I’m not going to patronise you with the whole blah blah blah you’ve got so much to live for/it’s only an election/live to fight another day.

The feelings you have are real, take them seriously and talk to a professional or a sympathetic ear. Better is always possible.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Give the British model of democracy credit for one thing: it decides. It's the decider.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1205298593315377157?s=21

Ken Livingstone demonstrating his expertise on Being Helpful.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Ash Crimson posted:

How likely is Scotland to actually go independence
Johnson will personally drive a tank over Sturgeon and the entire of Hollyrood before he lets that happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Fallen Hamprince posted:

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1205298593315377157?s=21

Ken Livingstone demonstrating his expertise on Being Helpful.

I'm sure it broke Laura K's heart to post that