Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

I think Collins is in my S-tier for worst republicans now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

eke out posted:

literally nothing about this matters except that it's (1) showing your loyalty to Daddy in return for (2) the chance for appearances on fox news and better returns in future careers in the conservative grift circuit

its this. its all for trump and the chud base and no one else which is one of the many reasons i think they are hosed in 2020.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I get all that, but at least the witness badgering with nonsense was good theatre. None of this will get play on Fox

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Rauros posted:

I think Collins is in my S-tier for worst republicans now.

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1205282528246059008

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Lol thus guy. Claiming that impeachment will ban Trump from owning a business

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Johnson here apparently unfamiliar with how impeachment in general works, calls the idea of preventing the impeached individual from holding office again vindictive.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
When do they actually shut up and vote?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

yeah pretty much. to anyone who isnt trump or core chuds, they look like dumb assholes.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/davelevinthal/status/1205284939127820291

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

They won't and nothing will happen I'm assuming?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

cr0y posted:

They won't and nothing will happen I'm assuming?

no.

https://twitter.com/davelevinthal/status/1205286147712147456

some more FOIA'd documents, especially from OMB, heavily redacted and probably only minorly useful

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

:yeshaha:

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Holy lol loving 2019

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

looks like they're not very exciting

probably a few things will help nail down timelines in terms of who-knew-what-when but we'll see if there's anything more than that

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

eke out posted:

looks like they're not very exciting

probably a few things will help nail down timelines in terms of who-knew-what-when but we'll see if there's anything more than that
I'm kinda curious what's under all the redactions in the thread discussing the press coverage of the holds but yeah of the unredacted stuff it doesn't look like there's anything too earth-shattering unless there's some minutiae in the timeline I'm missing.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

oxsnard posted:

What does this accomplish? No one is even watching

I think that's kind of the goal? That and sound bites.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So have they voted yet or is this just "GOP SCREECHING" for the next loving 24 hours?

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
For masochistic reasons I'm determined to watch this until the end and I can tell you that every Republican speaking is performing for the president, but that's obvious enough for anyone to see.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
That's a Chalupa. Drink.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

snorch posted:

That's a Chalupa. Drink.

Buck just followed with Benghazi and Fast and Furious. Games over. Just drink it all now.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Rep. Buck, member of House Judiciary, joking about how he just don't know poo poo about the Constitution.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
I'm beginning to think they should fix this "strike the last word" loophole.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

From the article Collins is screeching about here:

Los Angeles Times posted:

Markiv was one of 25 Ukrainian fatalities on the front line since July 18, the day Trump quietly put on hold a $391-million military aid package appropriated by Congress for Ukraine last year.

Democrats accuse Trump of holding Ukraine’s allotted military aid hostage in exchange for promises from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate the dealings of Trump’s political rival, Joe Biden.

Although there is no way to link Markiv’s or the dozens of other deaths directly to the lack of aid, military officials and other Ukrainians say they felt exposed, vulnerable and, at least temporarily, abandoned by their foremost ally: Washington.

“U.S. aid to Ukraine has been very complex and fluid, alternating between more economic aid in the 1990s to more civil society support after 2004 to more military assistance after 2014,” said Rory Finnin, a professor of Ukrainian studies at Cambridge University in the United Kingdom. “Holding [aid] hostage to political whim risks more casualties and undermines decades of American support for this strategically important country,”
Bolding is mine, and is the bit that Collins seems stuck on, and he literally just characterised this as there being no way of knowing what the Ukrainians died of. Which is just lol gently caress this piece of poo poo and his posturing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

snorch posted:

They are all going to :decorum: themselves into oblivion.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

snorch posted:

Change it to "strike Doug Collins in the mouth" and I'll start my campaign tomorrow.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Oh my god this nasally fuckstick is still talking, someone just junk punch Gym Jordan over and over until he stops.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
At some point Dems should just start reading articles about Jordan's cover-ups of sexual abuse

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
When, in Collins's angry rant he said he would NOT YIELD and then quietly said 'i yield' when he was done... that was pretty funny.

"the FBI spying on four American citizens" in connection to the 2016 campaign.... Gym, do you remember the patriot act?

Sorry for bringing this up super late, but

SchrodingersCat posted:

What I have found with millennials is that their status depends on whether or not they were able to get into a career that boomers didn't already trash.

I went into speech pathology, which mostly came into its own from the late 80s onward. The boomers in this field are unbearable, but I can actually make a living and have a house and a family.
I knew there must've been a reason you beat me to the clock drawing test 'shop! Hello fellow slp. I'm almost kind of enjoying being a victim of PDPM because I have all this free time to watch this entertainingly infuriating bullshit

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
even i have been tuning in and out of this and it's like HOLY poo poo GUYS

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
What’s the best way to get trump to testify under oath or whatever during this process? Would it be every dem senator loudly saying “how I hope trump doesn’t testify. Boy, that would be awful. I’m glad he’s too much of a coward to talk. Thank god he isn’t testifying”.

I feel like it would be remarkably easy to get him into doing it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

buglord posted:

What’s the best way to get trump to testify under oath or whatever during this process? Would it be every dem senator loudly saying “how I hope trump doesn’t testify. Boy, that would be awful. I’m glad he’s too much of a coward to talk. Thank god he isn’t testifying”.

I feel like it would be remarkably easy to get him into doing it.

he wants to testfy.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Is Gym wiggling around in his seat like an impatient child considered an 'aye' or did I just not hear him?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

are they almost done?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he wants to testfy.

But have his ego so at stake that his legal team can’t talk him out of it?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Yeah Gym deffo had some strange goblin glee going on there

creepy

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Dapper_Swindler posted:

are they almost done?

they just voted down the 5th and final amendment, and are taking a 30 minute recess - so I presume when they return, the final voting will happen? anyone who knows more pls weigh in

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

StrangersInTheNight posted:

they just voted down the 5th and final amendment, and are taking a 30 minute recess - so I presume when they return, the final voting will happen? anyone who knows more pls weigh in
What amendment was that?

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Haha. "I think it's unconstitutional to have the 'remove from office' in the article because that's the power held by the Senate" (I've paraphrased). I guess they didn't read the articles against Clinton:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/articles122098.htm posted:

...such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, and removal from office and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
yeah 5th amendment was 'hey you can't put in language to remove him from office! take that out!' shoved out there by gym jordan, which got voted against

but now we're back and there's more burbling coming out of sensenbrenner??? wtfffff

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Cohen: Mike Pence will be President and that's no walk in the park.

I actually lol'd.