Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Swinson's lost!

A shining light in a sea of darkness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

spud posted:

Elaborate, or gently caress off yourself princess.

What you’re saying is blatant horseshit.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Can someone be a party leader and not an MP?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Oh my god Swinsons speech.

I'm not mad at all. This is actually good. I planned to lose. I thank you so much for this opportunity to eat poo poo this hard.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Campaigning for remain would have alienated the leavers and sent them over to bxp and Tory, and we'd still be split by Libs loving about splitting the remain vote.

Campaigning for leave would have sent the remainers to the lib dems to split the vote even more and actual leave voters would have still gone tory and bxp.

Either way it would have been an exaggerated form of what we have now. The right had a leave pact, remain didn't because as usual the other left lib parties were too busy handwringing over the bullshit antisemitism / neutrality narrative even the supposedly left leaning press were echoing, and nakedly assassinating labour for political gain they were never going to loving get.

Big John's right, Brexit hosed us, and now parliament is going to vote for Boris' lovely deal out of fear of crashing out with no deal.

January is going to be a hell month of political fuckery, look after yourself people.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

How long until Troubles 2 start?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

spud posted:

Elaborate, or gently caress off yourself princess.
Always nice to see someone who hasn't posted on the forums for a year and a half return to gloat about the misfortunes of their posting enemies :unsmith:.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Katt posted:

Nope, there'll be another leadership election now.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Flayer posted:

Also I cannot get over all these working class areas voting Tory just because of Brexit. It feels like people are sacrificing everything to vote in a vaguely racist way that will hurt them. Sad...

Well if it was *just* because of Brexit, they'd vote Brexit party because their manifesto consists of pretty much Brexit, and scrapping HS2. And I cant believe that there are that many people who are putting their vote on a train line.

Was it Barnsley or somewhere that voted 30% Brexit party? That was pretty shocking to see.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
loving depressing that Farage handed the Tories a majority by standing his candidates down

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Katt posted:

Depends on party rules. Larger parties generally have it as a requirement, Lib Dems certainly do.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Must be all kinds of great talent to choose from on the lib dem benches

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
It's definitely satisfying seeing the DUP and LD get dunked on, even if it's a terrible night overall.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Big John's right, Brexit hosed us, and now parliament is going to vote for Boris' lovely deal out of fear of crashing out with no deal.

January is going to be a hell month of political fuckery, look after yourself people.

Well, if you're lucky, after Boris sells the entire country to the United States, Bernie will come in and rip the trade deal up.

Honestly seems to me that as any leader worth having will face the same media hate campaign as Corbyn did, one thing labour probably needs to do is have its leadership elections as close to right before the general election as feasible.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

poo poo, this is depressing. Pidcock out.

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1205333589828808706

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

"Mr Flibble - July" posted:

Johnson would absolutely get a popular mandate if he had the balls to slap a general election on the table because we live on a stupid hell island. Our continued existence is on his cowardice.

A snap GE will be fought on Brexit by October VS all the other parties disparate stances and the conservatives will absolutely increase their majority.

I agree with this but I want to stress that this thread is severely underestimating the combination of Johnsons appeal and the terribleness of the electorate. Corbyn did good, absolute lad etc. but Boris Johnson is not Theresa May.

Remain voters. Noted winners of electoral contests.

Wake up and smell the political landscape. Inhale a big sniff of the bullshit that is your future.

Welcome to hellworld.

drat, I was pretty loving clever back in the day. Let myself be talked into hope. What a dummy.

Hope is a disease, Great Britain is the cure.

A general election would be just the emergency injection some people need.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ahdinko posted:

Well if it was *just* because of Brexit, they'd vote Brexit party because their manifesto consists of pretty much Brexit, and scrapping HS2. And I cant believe that there are that many people who are putting their vote on a train line.

Was it Barnsley or somewhere that voted 30% Brexit party? That was pretty shocking to see.

BXP only showed up in Labour seats. The Conservatives has free reign.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Pochoclo posted:

Lol gently caress you Swinson ahaha

This has made me happier.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
That does suck, Laura Pidcock is one of the good guys.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

That is a punch in the gut. gently caress this electorate, Tory majority is one thing but WTH would you vote out her of all people.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Flayer posted:

That does suck, Laura Pidcock is one of the good guys.

Fucks sake.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Apraxin posted:

Always nice to see someone who hasn't posted on the forums for a year and a half return to gloat about the misfortunes of their posting enemies :unsmith:.

I am not gloating. I was responding to the usual "everything I dont like is fascist" idiot, that occurs seemingly daily.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I hope your dumb island sinks beneath the ocean.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
I know it sucks folks but please hang in there. We are all in this together and you have friends all over this dead forum that wish you the best from all over the globe. Just as we will try next year in the US, I know the UK will pull out of this bullshit. Your efforts were not in vain as it only strengthens your will for a better tomorrow and better ideas for what will work next time.

You are all amazing and a better tomorrow will come.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

spud posted:

I am not gloating. I was responding to the usual "everything I dont like is fascist" idiot, that occurs seemingly daily.

gently caress off with this disingenuous bullshit. People are going to die because of this government.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Robo Captain posted:

I hope your dumb island sinks beneath the ocean.

there's no way we are that lucky

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Ultimately it all comes back to 2017. May's humiliation parade was amusing at the time but has ultimately led to this. Maybe fighting an election on Brexit was always a losing proposition for Labour and we should have just let them gently caress it up so we could pick up the pieces afterwards.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

spud posted:

Lol okay, gently caress you buddy. You come in here with the antisemetism garbage that you know is bullshit lies, and then act all offended when people call you a dumb prick. Get bent.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Bad night, bad years ahead. Another leftist project dead and the result will be another middle-left „same Capitalist poo poo, but nicer packaged“ ‚Alternative’ to the Conservatives for at least a decade.

Let‘s take one lesson from it though: Don‘t believe the loving Poll Unskewers.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mood

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Darth Walrus posted:

BXP only showed up in Labour seats. The Conservatives has free reign.

That doesn't explain why Conservatives got a larger vote share than before in most of the CON Gain seats though. There were Brexit party candidates in almost all of them.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Are real results starting to come in? Is it as bad as the exit poll was saying?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Ahdinko posted:

That doesn't explain why Conservatives got a larger vote share than before though in most of the CON Gain seats though. There were Brexit party candidates in almost all of them.

Yeah, Brexit helped Labour wherever they stood, I'd bet. What hurt Labour most was Brexit standing down in Tory seats - I wouldn't be shocked if Labour might have GAINED a handful of Tory defenses if Brexit had split the vote.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

if only jo had more skills in her wallet

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

At least it was a Labour hold. I can't even loving figure what happened in Don Valley (CON win). Never thought I'd see the Tories taking coal country.

Seriously, I don't get it. Doncaster North and Central stayed Labour. Scunthorpe's turned blue. I've been gone from the UK 12 years now, but I thought it'd take a lot loving longer than that for Yorkshire to go Conservative.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

This is big news - it removes Pidcock from the succession race too, she was leftier than RLB or Rayner

RLB seems likely, she has McDonnell's backing

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/mrmarksteel/status/1205248866926419972

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
People think they want Brexit, and they really, really think they don't like Jeremy Corbyn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Wolfechu posted:

Seriously, I don't get it. Doncaster North and Central stayed Labour. Scunthorpe's turned blue. I've been gone from the UK 12 years now, but I thought it'd take a lot loving longer than that for Yorkshire to go Conservative.
Large swathes of Yorkshire have always been Tory, don't give them too much credit.