Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

THS posted:

i enjoyed reading this post a lot, and i have a related THEORY that i think can contribute to this, which is, and i was just looking this up today - and i already knew leaded gasoline in the US was common until the late 80s - but did you know it was the same thing for the UK? everyone was huffing atmospheric lead for decades there too. anyway, all the older people have literal metal poisoning in their brains

oh yeah absolutely lol
its likely maybe correlative, but also maybe lead should be classified as an inorganic brain parasite that creates the social conditions most ideal for its future promulgation in human hosts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Jose posted:

All the centrists who spent 4 years bashing Corbyn should do some soul searching but of course they won't

I think you will find that it's because of how toxic the Corbyn campaign has made Labour that King Boris came to power!

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
RIP UK goons :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baJ5LsCn358

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

oh yeah absolutely lol
its likely maybe correlative, but also maybe lead should be classified as an inorganic brain parasite that creates the social conditions most ideal for its future promulgation in human hosts

this holds up because one of the last things trump will do in office will be to remove the ban on leaded gas

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/electoralreform/status/1205378194334978049?s=19

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

The temperature is rising, the pounds cratering
Btexit expected, the ice is growin' thin
Corbyns stop running, but I have no fear
'Cause London is drowning, and I, I voted for LibDem

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ayn Randi posted:

even outside the UK press for corbyn was ridiculous slander nonsense wall to wall. i remember yesterday in an article seeing a paragraph that began [loosely paraphrasing here as pre-election poo poo is probably gone into the 24 hour news cycle memory hole now] something like "this has been a particularly shady and deceptive election campaign, wherein boris johnson [told a bunch of easily disproven lies], while on the other hand, jeremy corbyn wants to help workers and the poor. like what the actual gently caress? you went to journalism school for this?

btw, was this particularly infernal slice of hellworld posted yet

the uk should have drawn and quartered their loving journos years ago

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jose posted:

All the centrists who spent 4 years bashing Corbyn should do some soul searching but of course they won't

i hope the leopards eat their faces

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1205248033790689280

don't come to brexit tomorrow

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
wake up when the blood flows

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

well.. gently caress

THS
Sep 15, 2017

SpaceGoku posted:

this holds up because one of the last things trump will do in office will be to remove the ban on leaded gas

a lot of people are saying we need higher octane fuels. who doesn't love high octane? beautiful, stable, engines. what's not to love?

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
This is hella demoralizing :smith:

But the important thing is to not roll over and wait for death. You can do politics outside of parliament. Now, more than ever, people are going to need to help each other because God knows the tories won't.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I love how the last few years have just been the right-wing and outright nazi white supremacists getting bolder and more blatant and the end isn't in sight.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
What's the smart word on when Brexit will Get Done? Not just signing the paper that says you're out, but signing all the trade deals and whatever needs to be done after that. I'm assuming it won't happen in the next 5 years, because there is absolutely no way Boris or whatever idiot he appoints will be able to successfully negotiate any WTO trade deals, and by the time the UK could feasibly be considered a sovereign nation, Scotland and NI should have peaced out.

It seems super obvious to me that Corbyn would actually have gotten it done faster even if his second referendum came up Leave. Am I the crazy one?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They're just going to crash out. No Deal. Boris has zero oversight now, so he can hit the loving switch next month.

Welcome to the Terror.

Adoomsdaygap
Apr 20, 2013
I'm starting to suspect that electoralism might not be the best means of preventing the entire planet from dying.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Well yeah, but that doesn't actually mean Brexit is over.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Parachuting off the Cliffs of Dover.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Adoomsdaygap posted:

I'm starting to suspect that electoralism might not be the best means of preventing the entire planet from dying.

You mean the system created by the people who hosed the planet and the lower classes is not equipped for it ? Well thats a surprise

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

we leave on January 31st, then a year long transition period then no deal when Boris hadn’t got a deal together and refused to extend

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

Adoomsdaygap posted:

I think we can seriously try to fix all of our problems once baby boomers die but by then it will be too late

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv0y0On8ZGQ

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
Swell outcome for the Irish, though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Krabboss posted:

Swell outcome for the Irish, though.

Is it

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Why is everything so lovely, why do people like Ian Austin even exist?

Do we get the report on Russian money in the Tory party released now? Or does that just get swept under the carpet?

Rebecca Long-Bailey for next Labour leader?

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

happy confabulations to all at last we got brexit done

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
get bready for exit

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

UK once again proving accelerationism is the only way, lmao

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Reunification is more likely than ever. Let's get this UK ended.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

i am extremely a fan of election results being read out in an enormous blackened hanger, akira-style

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

people seeing this and not burning down the entire establishment is the real crime here

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Truga posted:

people seeing this and not burning down the entire establishment is the real crime here

I've expected the people to go rioting in the past year yet that poo poo never happened, seems more people just want the boris worra legend

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Well yeah, but that doesn't actually mean Brexit is over.

If anything, it's only just got started and we still don't even know what it is yet.

It's going to take at least another year, and we could still crash out with a no-deal exit.

Why have so many people voted to kick themselves in the dick?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Stoatbringer posted:

If anything, it's only just got started and we still don't even know what it is yet.

It's going to take at least another year, and we could still crash out with a no-deal exit.

Why have so many people voted to kick themselves in the dick?

they got convinced it wouldn't hurt and would also make their dick real big

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
also, if you're gonna do FPTP voting, do it in 2 rounds unless someone had 50%+ in the first, probably.

we select our president in two rounds since it's a FPTP deal, and our president performs incredibly important functions such as *checks notes* shaking people's hands at celebrations and visiting opening ceremonies. surely something as important as "are we all going to die" would warrant another vote lol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Kill All Cops posted:

I've expected the people to go rioting in the past year yet that poo poo never happened, seems more people just want the boris worra legend

Truga posted:

UK once again proving accelerationism is the only way, lmao

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
so Ed Davey is the interim Lib Dem leader, who is somehow even worse than Swinson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Maybe the lib-dems should just gently caress off.