Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Looking forward to Brexit meaning the dissolution of the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
In a way it's simpler/more relaxing for me replacing my conflicted political views and fragile sense of hope with: Take a saw to the English border and float away to the undying lands.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

efb fertilizer joke

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

IWW Online Branch posted:

loling at all the libs that are like "now that that mean nasty Corbyn is gone we can get back to normal" they have no idea the hurricane of poo poo that's bearing down on them

they probably want to do like pelosi and clap and poo poo at the fascists

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I really can't wait to make fun of labour again

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i found out he's talking about sirius mining but it sounds like its failed already :shrug:

https://www.mining-technology.com/features/get-sirius-can-the-uks-biggest-mining-project-be-saved/

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

bring back ed money miliband

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

hemale in pain posted:

someone i know is rambling over how brexit is gonna be great for some fertiliser mining company and im like "wtf are you talking about??" he keeps bringing it up it's really weird.

apparently british farming is gonna be expanded (it's not) so will need more fertiliser. i wonder what CHUD forum he's getting this poo poo from.

gonna need a lot of "fertilizer" to supply the Irish insurgency

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

can't see the centrists retaking the party at this point tbh, unless labour membership takes this defeat hard enough to quit en masse

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

noticed this rad banner ad:

i assume this was the outcome

Svensken
May 29, 2010
What even is the point of being a centrist Labour member when the Lib Dems exisr?

Is what I would ask if Britain wasn't using the lovely FPTP system.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

V. Illych L. posted:

can't see the centrists retaking the party at this point tbh, unless labour membership takes this defeat hard enough to quit en masse

the party's hosed anyway because the left won't accept a centrist and vice versa so we're doomed to repeat the last 4 years forever

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Jose posted:

At least Ireland will be reunited

Southern politicians don't want a border poll. The minister for European Affairs was on the radio this morning and adamant that we can't have one yet because "Brexit isn't done". In reality they don't want an extra million voters asking why their car insurance tripled, why they have to fork out for every GP visit, why their children will have to live in tenements because no houses can be built, etc.

School Nickname has issued a correction as of 12:13 on Dec 13, 2019

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Svensken posted:

What even is the point of being a centrist Labour member when the Lib Dems exisr?

Is what I would ask if Britain wasn't using the lovely FPTP system.

They know the Lib Dems are loving losers

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Also, "people powered politics" doesn't work, in the sense of getting out and campaigning for Labour. We had so many people coming to Broxtowe and pounding the pavement every day, and the Tory candidate was a useless empty suit. The Tories still won by 5000 votes

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

get ready for lammymania

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MikeCrotch posted:

Also, "people powered politics" doesn't work, in the sense of getting out and campaigning for Labour. We had so many people coming to Broxtowe and pounding the pavement every day, and the Tory candidate was a useless empty suit. The Tories still won by 5000 votes

turns out money powers politics works better

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Raffles posted:

the party's hosed anyway because the left won't accept a centrist and vice versa so we're doomed to repeat the last 4 years forever

soon enough there won't be centrists left

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Svensken posted:

Looking forward to Brexit meaning the dissolution of the UK.
It would make things simpler to understand when studying about them in American schools, that's for sure.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

All 3.7 million Lib Dem voters: I hope you gently caress yourself in the rear end with a rusty pipe and catch a combination of sepsis & tetanus. loving die.

All 864,000 Green voters: Extinction rebel your rear end into an industrial composter. loving die.

All 642,000 Brexit voters: I hope you spontaneously combust in the middle of Christmas dinner and give all your children grease fire burns from your fat rear end. loving die.

All 10 million Labour voters: Some of you are alright... don't go to Britain tomorrow.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

What about SNP voters???

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

All 3.7 million Lib Dem voters: I hope you gently caress yourself in the rear end with a rusty pipe and catch a combination of sepsis & tetanus. loving die.

All 864,000 Green voters: Extinction rebel your rear end into an industrial composter. loving die.

All 642,000 Brexit voters: I hope you spontaneously combust in the middle of Christmas dinner and give all your children grease fire burns from your fat rear end. loving die.

All 10 million Labour voters: Some of you are alright... don't go to Britain tomorrow.

look at those wankers :negative:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Kill All Cops posted:

What about SNP voters???

I mean, fair enough ya know?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Kill All Cops posted:

What about SNP voters???
best of luck on your independence referendum and boris' inevitable military-fueled massacre of scots following it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

And don't forget to make Limmy your king.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
13 million / 10 million votes = 30% more votes

380 / 200 seats = 80% more seats in parliament

Systems fine.

K9
May 6, 2007

Got a funeral today, one next week

https://youtu.be/V4CPezSV198

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

best of luck on your independence referendum and boris' inevitable military-fueled massacre of scots following it

there are still tons of americans who think they're scottish, looking forward to funding yet another group of freedom fighters/terrorists

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the double troubles!!!

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

as ever, i'll point out that every PR system has at least one crappy neoliberal social democratic party and one or more radical left-wing parties permanently consigned to the margins. it is not a silver bullet for non-centrist politics

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I'm consoling myself with the fact I'm no longer represented by a DUP shitheel. The SDLP (closest thing NI has to real Labour) swung the seat by 31% and ended up with 57% of the vote.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

BMX Ninja posted:

I'm consoling myself with the fact I'm no longer represented by a DUP shitheel. The SDLP (closest thing NI has to real Labour) swung the seat by 31% and ended up with 57% of the vote.

that's a lot of swing

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

V. Illych L. posted:

as ever, i'll point out that every PR system has at least one crappy neoliberal social democratic party and one or more radical left-wing parties permanently consigned to the margins. it is not a silver bullet for non-centrist politics

It does tend to stop the Nonce Tories from getting 80% of the seats from 30% of the vote though!

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KgB-sI2H-c

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope I'm in good enough shape come the spring to join one of the William Wallace Brigades on the Antonine front

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Now that we've all had a good nights sleep, how are things looking?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1uSSRcn7UE

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

El Pollo Blanco posted:

It does tend to stop the Nonce Tories from getting 80% of the seats from 30% of the vote though!

this is true, PR systems are more conservative. it's a trade-off

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

uk bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

went to sleep, woke up feeling better. solidarity to my uk comrades, the only way out is through violent revolution so we have that in common