Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The finale is the week after ROS release so I can almost guarantee it’ll wink at it somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
There's a good chance Darth Plagueis was still around when Baby Yoda was born.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Zoran posted:

ROTJ is 36 years after TPM.

I just looked it up and the Mandalorian is apparently 5 years after ROTJ.

So that works out to nine years before the Phantom Menace.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Baby Yoda is 50?? Can’t wait to learn Yoda was just some middle-aged chump.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

50 yoda years ~ 1 human years, and yoda said he was 900, so he was basically a teen. Dude must have partied even harder than carrie fisher, drat

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

TerminalRaptor posted:

I just looked it up and the Mandalorian is apparently 5 years after ROTJ.

So that works out to nine years before the Phantom Menace.

Calling it now: BY shares a birthday with Anakin.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

No Mods No Masters posted:

50 yoda years ~ 1 human years, and yoda said he was 900, so he was basically a teen. Dude must have partied even harder than carrie fisher, drat

Yeah that’s not how aging works. Whoever wrote that baby yoda was 50 is an idiot.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Shaocaholica posted:

Yeah that’s not how aging works. Whoever wrote that baby yoda was 50 is an idiot.

BUT THE MEEEEEEMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEESSS

Remember that one line in RoTJ Yoda says "when 900 years old you reach look as good you do not"? Well, they basically made an entire TV show from that line, as they are wont to do with Star War.

Please to complete this joke imagine me standing up and saying "I KNOW THAT THING" while pointing at the Baby Yoda.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Baby Yoda broke new grouuuwwwnnnddd.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Shaocaholica posted:

I guess Yodas just have a different developmental curve.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
"Baby" Yoda is just a creepy fetishist.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
They basically sleep for the first 49 years, he's really only been bumbling around for the last one.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
I mean they could easily write themselves out of it by saying hes only 1 and the 50 year old thing was just a cover to obscure its true identity to the bounty hunters who hadn't found him yet and thus didn't need all those people to know.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Baby Yoda was born as a result of Plagueis manipulating midichlorians

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

I think the main problem people will have with ROS is Rey taking the Skywalker name despite being a Palpatine and that the entire Skywalker line ended in failure

:wow: Do tell us your take on Romeo & Juliet while you're on this particular tip!

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
whats the problem with baby yoda being 50?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

makes him too fuckable

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Baby Yoda is a total silver fox

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Sheev eats Baby Yoda in this movie. It’s mean to parallel the scene with Chewie and the Porgs

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Baby Yoda makes Baby Jesus look like a sick joke.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Yoda and Yaddle hosed.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ammanas posted:

whats the problem with baby yoda being 50?

No real species or fictional species has ever aged that way. At most you have stuff like hobbits or elves in extended adolescence but fifty year old elves or wookies aren't toddlers.

The sole reason hes 50 is to be a fakeout against audience expectations of what a 50 year old bounty looks like.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jerkface posted:

makes him too fuckable

It's extra hosed that Disney decided to trial run 900-year-old-demon-girls in Star Wars with a Yoda who can consent

w0o0o0o
Aug 26, 2007
bloop.
Baby Yoda was stuck in a reletavistic force bubble for a while so he's 50 to normal time but only 49 biologically

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

mastershakeman posted:

No real species or fictional species has ever aged that way. At most you have stuff like hobbits or elves in extended adolescence but fifty year old elves or wookies aren't toddlers.

The sole reason hes 50 is to be a fakeout against audience expectations of what a 50 year old bounty looks like.

SCIENCE

FICTION

ISNT

REAL

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

mastershakeman posted:

Sure, but also, who cares?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Benjamin Button didn’t age correctly either!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

thrawn527 posted:

Sure, but also, who cares?

I'm just saying why there's complaints. I don't give a poo poo because I think the show is boring as hell since the two main characters are an expressionless guy who barely talks and a puppet with 1/100th the personality of dominar rygel ix

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Honestly, Star Wars is so dumb now that i'm amazed they didn't say baby yoda was 500 years old.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If I was Luke and about to kill Ben and he woke up and saw me, I'd be like "Very good, young Ben. A, uh, true Jedi has to be aware of his surroundings even in sleep, you uh sensed the moment I lit my lightsaber, that uh means you're ready for the next part of your training. Yeah that's the ticket"

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yodas evolve like Pokémon do over time. Baby form -> ??? -> old goblin form.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Yodas evolve like Pokémon do over time. Baby form -> ??? -> old goblin form.

Pre fix Phantom Menace has got to be it

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

If I was Luke and about to kill Ben and he woke up and saw me, I'd be like "Very good, young Ben. A, uh, true Jedi has to be aware of his surroundings even in sleep, you uh sensed the moment I lit my lightsaber, that uh means you're ready for the next part of your training. Yeah that's the ticket"

but uncle luke why are your eyes all sunken and bloodshot like you’ve been mainlining heroin

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

John Wick of Dogs posted:

So I went to the mandalorian beskar smith to pick up my curiass the other day, and she was like do you have your ticket? I reached into my wallet and pulled out a slip, and she said no that's not it. I pulled out another one, and she said no, that's not it either. Then I pulled out another slip and she was like "yeah, that's the ticket!"

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Mandrel posted:

but uncle luke why are your eyes all sunken and bloodshot like you’ve been mainlining heroin

They got prime time 70's Hamill for that scene.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mandrel posted:

Because I was using the... Force. A special cloaking power to hide my presence... which you saw right through. Of which bloodshot eyes are a side effect. It is to early for you to learn that, and besides as you just saw it didn't even work. Also I've had a stroke

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mandrel posted:

That's an even better excuse.

Sorry Kylo, I'm on drugs. I don't hate you really.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Had any of the movies used flashbacks until that scene?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Maybe Yodas are like locusts. They spend years as a grub that just sits around eating, then go through a quick metamorphosis and emerge as full adults without all that awkward growing up that mammals have to do. During the season finale Mando will wake up to find Baby Yoda replaced with a cocoon that at the most climatic moment bursts open to reveal a fully grown Yoda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Can’t wait to see the Mandalorian find a desiccated baby yoda carapace.