Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I'm pretty sure Baby Yoda just Forces the poop to disappear, like at Hogwarts...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
Baby Yoda Force Ghost Poops Everywhere

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Jesus imagine you had to raise a child that for 50+ years you needed to change their diaper

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
50 years of NOT MY DAD YOU ARE

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

just another posted:

This suggests The Mandalorian has to change Baby Yoda's diapers.

I've been waiting for this and will be disappointed if we never see it. That and seeing the baby yoda in a onesie.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

RudeCat posted:

I've been waiting for this and will be disappointed if we never see it. That and seeing the baby yoda in a onesie.

He is in a onesie

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Rocksicles posted:

Australiancrying.gif

$80 for a t-shirt, gently caress that for a lark

Yo Rocksickles, good news, Aussie company BlackMilk dropped some Mando gear today!

Most of their stuff is more geared toward the ladies, but they have this unisex one:

https://blackmilkclothing.com/colle...6Q,PRN6O,4QTG,1

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

just another posted:

This suggests The Mandalorian has to change Baby Yoda's diapers.

It is canon that he tosses them in the air and vaporizes them with his rifle.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Elephanthead posted:

It is canon that he tosses them in the air and vaporizes them with his rifle.

really gotta wonder what the price per round of those things are

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

If it takes Yodas 50 years to still be a baby does that mean their metabolism is way slow? Maybe BY just hasn't pooped yet cause he's still working on that Rhinoceros egg.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Hobo Clown posted:

If it takes Yodas 50 years to still be a baby does that mean their metabolism is way slow? Maybe BY just hasn't pooped yet cause he's still working on that Rhinoceros egg.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i hope an atst steps on some people

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The 50 yea-old homeless guy in the park next to my house also wears a diaper

hope this fact enriches everybody's lives

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Which one of you wrote this?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/12/12/the-mandalorians-procedural-formula-is-starting-to-grow-stale/amp/

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

quote:

This is opposed to most “prestige” shows that may have episode arcs, but often without firm beginning and endings each episode, feeding into a much larger overall seasonal narrative. Game of Thrones, Watchmen, Walking Dead, whatever. The story is always moving forward each week.

If you're trying to present the thesis that being heavily serialized is better than being episodic, probably don't pick two shows of famously uneven quality.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

What's this motherfucker doing trying to compare The Walking Dead to it?

"It's a prestige show! Everything ties into a larger narrative!" Yeah, and that narrative has basically been the same formula recycled every season with new characters replacing dead ones and no end in sight because nothing ever gets better and they just move on to the next location where they argue, shoot zombies, and kill each other while crying. They couldn't even commit to killing off Rick despite writing him out of the show so they could bring him back and are talking about keeping the franchise going for another decade. The Mandalorian is looking to be downright svelte and tight by comparison.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Reminder that Forbes is basically a blogging platform, that's essentially some guy's medium post

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

(For those unfamiliar, dude (goes by "lonelyman") does super low cost cosplays and they are hilarious)

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

mcbexx posted:

(For those unfamiliar, dude (goes by "lonelyman") does super low cost cosplays and they are hilarious)

I've never heard him go by that name before. AFAIK he's "low cost cosplay"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Mandalorian, despite having an episodic budget in the tens of millions, is not a prestige drama and has never billed itself as such.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Well poo poo, that was a fantastic episode. Who knew we were all missing out on an alien/predator and starwars crossover.

Should have been swapped with last weeks.

Filoni xwing pilot!!!!!!! along with two other episode directors, nice cameo opportunity.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Dec 13, 2019

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

hells yea

Clancy Brown, richard ayoede, mark boone jr

sick eppy

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Return to form. Loved this episode; it all looked great, had cool characters, and all the action was dope. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about Bill Burr being in this, but he was alright. The X-Wing pilot director cameos at the end were great though, haha. Both Famuyiwa episodes this season have easily had the best action direction. I love Filoni, but you can clearly tell when an experienced live-action director is at the helm compared to his episodes.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bill Burr does “world class prick” unlike very few else.

The whole episode was great.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

About a third of the way through the episode, loving it so far. But, uh.....these dudes should probably rethink trying to push do many of Mando's buttons, both literally and figuratively.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Old Billy 5 guns loving crushed it.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
So much of this series can be summed up as "assholes in space," and I goddamn love it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

bill burr's back up blasters looked to be cut down ruger .22 pistols, recognized the rear cocker

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
His stormtrooper line was the first legit laugh i've had in 6 episodes

radlum
May 13, 2013
I was hoping Baby Yoda would kill the droid so the Mandalorian could be proud of his droid-killing son

NecessaryEvil
Aug 10, 2006
Professional Slacker
I thought Twi-lek tentacles weren't supposed to be stiff. Weighty, but otherwise free-floating. So, a gripe on the effects for that, but otherwise it was great.

I did think about calling 0118 999 881 99 9119 725 3 when 0 got shot.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Amazing episode, we are so blessed to have this series. :allears:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The mechanical arm holding the blaster reminded me of the Dash Rendar action figure. That one was meant for him to quickly draw his rifle though

Why is this show so good? The other day a local radio host was talking about how this made him believe in Star Wars again, and that was worth whatever short term gains they’d have made on Baby Yoda merch this Christmas

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Well time for FFG to errata Devronian stats to add fire resistance.

I was expecting the "all droid jail ship" to be a kid friendly cop out so I was pleasantly surprised they added some edge and moral conflict with the poor new republic egghead.

Episode good. I liked the inverson of him getting a crew together.. then having to kill them all. Only I guess they will be around for later. Bill Burr was not distracting and pretty decent, one of the better "hey you know this guy" oneshot cast members.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 13, 2019

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Owlbear Camus posted:

I was expecting the "all droid jail ship" to be a kid friendly cop out

The droid deaths were pretty brutal. In particular, the one Mando kills in order to escape the holding cell. They showcase cool action and how badass Mando is, but aside from the disintegrations from past eps, all the droids killed in this one were pretty "graphic" and "violent", similar in fashion to the robot mayhem from the Transformer movies, i.e., it was great :haw:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Owlbear Camus posted:

I was expecting the "all droid jail ship" to be a kid friendly cop out so I was pleasantly surprised they added some edge and moral conflict with the poor new republic egghead.[/spoiler]

That was Matt Lanter, the voice of Anakin in the clone wars

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
When is Louie CK going to guest star?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Ah my old nemesis, Dikk Tugarr.

I like the running gag of the flamethrower being a go-to move... that works like 30% of the time.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Dec 13, 2019

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
If I had to nitpick, they went a little heavy on the wipes this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brad Pitt
Nov 7, 2009

:smugdog::smugdog::smugdog::regd09:
God drat this show is just so good. This last episode got me pumped right away with the recap and the rest of it was just perfect. Now I need action figures of all these guys especially Billy Blasters.