Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Katt posted:

I knew it!

I did see him standing on the bridge earlier in the day but I think his overall schedule changes in fall. Either way; gently caress you, Elliot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Leah's 14 heart event is really cute and the reveal made me actually laugh out loud. Proudly hanged that thing on my wall directly behind the bed.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

Leah's 14 heart event is really cute and the reveal made me actually laugh out loud. Proudly hanged that thing on my wall directly behind the bed.

Make sure to check out the other house too to find hers.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Just last night I managed to get 4000 stars on the betting wheel, never tried that before

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In 1.5 can they add the option to move fruit trees. Even if I have to pay. I know fruit quality doesn't really matter but my ocd makes me feel compelled to try to pick spots where I'm going to want those trees to grow for years and that's such a commitment

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Son of Rodney posted:

Can you move built stables etc? Or do I have to build new ones, move the animals somehow and delete the old?

Allyn posted:

Robin can move things, yes. I believe it's both free and instant.

You can also move buildings from the magical construction thing in the wizard's house post-community center if you've done the magic ink quest. It's very convenient if you want to move or destroy buildings on a day that Robin is closed.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Mazz posted:

I did see him standing on the bridge earlier in the day but I think his overall schedule changes in fall. Either way; gently caress you, Elliot.

He stands on the docks a lot now in addition to what he normally did, I think that got added because otherwise he was always in the shack or the bridge. I gave him enough feathers I can just burst into his shack when needed now to give him more feathers. I have no idea what else he loves but I got 4 ducks because I like how they quack so I got feathers for days

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If it's raining on a day you need Elliott I think you're just done. He won't leave his shack. Any season.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Yeah this happened to me the other day on his birthday. Oh well.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Some of the villagers keep asking me to hang out but I can't. I can just awkwardly stand near them until I get too uncomfortable/bored and leave. While I appreciate the realism I would like some kind of hanging out option. Just makes a few hours go by, doesn't need to do anything else. Maybe something similar for hanging out in the saloon so I'm not Clint.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I dunno about you but my near-nightly routine is to breeze into the saloon, run around and pass out sashimi/coffee to everyone, and breeze back out like a boss.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oh poo poo, tree fertilizer is a great solution to the material price increase after year 1.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tender Bender posted:

In 1.5 can they add the option to move fruit trees. Even if I have to pay. I know fruit quality doesn't really matter but my ocd makes me feel compelled to try to pick spots where I'm going to want those trees to grow for years and that's such a commitment

just use the forest farm it's not like you can grow anything else on those grassy plots

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Awe i can't use the cheat menu to increase my movement speed to win the egg hunt.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
But you can totally pre-plan your route with the handy wiki map and win easily at normal speed

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Eric the Mauve posted:

But you can totally pre-plan your route with the handy wiki map and win easily at normal speed

True but that involes effort.

Also can I just buy cloth? I have a lot of unmilled rice I want to process, and the largest barn is a while away.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Amazing.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

twistedmentat posted:

True but that involes effort.

Also can I just buy cloth? I have a lot of unmilled rice I want to process, and the largest barn is a while away.

Don't think so, except from maybe the traveling cart.

You can recycle newspapers into cloth, though.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

ILL Machina posted:

You can recycle newspapers into cloth, though.
Note that getting cloth this way is pretty rare, so getting the larger barn is probably easier than the industrial scale crab pot operation you'd need to get that many newspapers.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

I tend to get it on the first ten or so. I made three crab pots and you get three for free from the bundle. You can put them in your lake for trash. I've only ever got cloth this way and it doesn't take but maybe a week or two of harvesting and baiting the trash pots.

e: Just looked it up and it is actually 10%. Not too bad.

e2: I just realized you probably need more than just the one for the community bundle like I usually do in which case yeah, don't do this.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 15, 2019

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
If you're in the skull caves, mummies drop a decent amount of cloth

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My god bombing an entire forest down is incredibly satisfying.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GotLag posted:

If you're in the skull caves, mummies drop a decent amount of cloth

How do you get them to die? They always get up even from a bomb.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Bomb after knocking them down.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

i'm alex, just marching through the trees knocking them the gently caress over through the power of push ups and eggs

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

explosivo posted:

My god bombing an entire forest down is incredibly satisfying.

i told my co-op partner to do this when we were playing today and he came back with 1000 wood, 10 fewer megabombs, and a huge smile on his face

good trade

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Winter Day 1 Year 1 Community Center complete. I don't think I've ever done it any earlier than that.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
It's only possible earlier than that if you're lucky enough to get both winter crocus and snow yam from the travelling cart

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Kinda wish you could add some bits in. Then again, that'd kick Gus' place in the nuts if you installed a rumpus room, so...

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

GotLag posted:

It's only possible earlier than that if you're lucky enough to get both winter crocus and snow yam from the travelling cart

Red cabbage too, right? I guess that's implied with the winter 1 finish.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I somehow found two prismatic shards in one skull cavern run, and then found another a few days later. Hot diggity.

... What do I with them now though, I already have a galaxy edge

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

They make good gifts if you don't need the cash/donation.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

I was just fishing with my training rod to get a catfish on a rainy Spring 20 Y1 (not getting a catfish till I switched back to bamboo, for some reason) and got a chest with an iridium band and a diamond in it.

It took me a long time to decide whether to throw them back. What would you have done?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Is there a way to get new clothes now? I have been given a shirt and a hat from the different events, but Unless they change from year to year I don't see that's going to be a source.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
You can buy them from the desert store, and you can dye/make your own clothes with the sewing machine in Emily's house once you have a cloth supply.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

Is there a way to get new clothes now? I have been given a shirt and a hat from the different events, but Unless they change from year to year I don't see that's going to be a source.

There's tailoring.

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Tailoring

You can even dye clothes.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I can fit six fish ponds on my farm, and I have stocked two with sturgeon and tuna, and am going to stock the third with crabs when it's finished construction. Any suggestions on the other three?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

GotLag posted:

I can fit six fish ponds on my farm, and I have stocked two with sturgeon and tuna, and am going to stock the third with crabs when it's finished construction. Any suggestions on the other three?

Squids (for the ink), Void Salmon (to go with the ink and make seafoam pudding), and Lava Eels (to sell for sweet, sweet cash).

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

ILL Machina posted:

I was just fishing with my training rod to get a catfish on a rainy Spring 20 Y1 (not getting a catfish till I switched back to bamboo, for some reason) and got a chest with an iridium band and a diamond in it.

It took me a long time to decide whether to throw them back. What would you have done?

Chuckle at my good fortune, put on the ring and sell the diamond cuz in Spring Y1 that's actually a decent chunk of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I'm wrapping up spring year 2 in my 1.4 file and I gotta say, I really dig where the game's at. The only things I can really think of that'd be cool to see in a hypothetical 1.5 would be playing matchmaker for the other marriageables, house exterior customizations, and maybe running for mayor? That latter might just be my dislike of Lewis showing through, though.
I just have a couple bulletin board bundles left to go but I'm not sweating the pace. Just chipping away at the various achievements, the monster bounties, etc. Something interesting I noticed is that if you've got Leah at 10 hearts but haven't given her a pendant she drops some semi-subtle hints at wanting to move on to your farm; does this happen with other candidates? I have to admit, previous farms I got married ASAP so I hadn't seen a lot of the 10-heart dialogue.