Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpFQLw5_N2o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
https://twitter.com/David_Jagneaux/status/1205367112681672709?s=19

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I’m coming around on the design now that I’ve mentally placed it vertical behind my TV instead of horizontal in the shelf under it. Would be better for me personally if the power button was on the right side instead, though.

The name though...still not sold. Especially when Xbox ∞ is an option.

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

They should just admit that these are on the phone hardware model now and call it the Xbox 2020 X

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Blorange posted:

They should just admit that these are on the phone hardware model now and call it the Xbox 2020 X

Roman numerals would've been the classy move for 2020. The Xbox MMXX. It'd be awkward to pronounce, but that's on brand.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Quantum of Phallus posted:

How are they so bad at naming consoles

HOW
2020 in roman numerals could be represented as XX0XX0 so obviously the name needs to be Xbox XX0XX0

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Syrinxx posted:

2020 in roman numerals could be represented as XX0XX0 so obviously the name needs to be Xbox XX0XX0

thx hun XOXOXOX

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
So many people have their TVs over the fireplace (WHY?!) so the new design looks more comfy to fit on the mantle underneath. Makes sense to me. Big entertainment centers are no longer the modern way, and Nintendo has done plenty of work to get away from the pizza box form factor.

However, I loving hate that we can't just use model numbers or versions or revisions or some other normal way of naming things. Everything has a generic, unsearchable name that is not clear at all where it fits in the line of things.

Xbox20? XB20? Nahhhh, "Series X"

You know they're going to give the two versions extra stupid modifiers. You'll have to order an "Xbox Series X Gaming Edition" or an "Xbox Series X Players Edition" or something similarly confusing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Switch is just a cheesy breadsticks form factor.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Looks like 2 gamecubes duct taped together...

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Absolute unit

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Guess it's a good thing I haven't bought a new table for my TV before I figure out whether the PS5 is a dang torus that fits.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

univbee posted:

Absolute unit

Put a late PS2 next to them.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

univbee posted:

Absolute unit

All of those are arranged like that on top of an original Xbox

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

can i get some payment for my concept art please

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Xsex Slim lookin good

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

"Uh, they want the one that plays the latest games?"
"All four SKUs are still supported."
"The cheapest one, then?"

...and they leave with the Xbox One S. Progress!

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
They should just name it by year.
Xbox (2020)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

So when they roll the next one in for player experience I'll be able to spot it in the skyline?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Colostomy Bag posted:

So when they roll the next one in for player experience I'll be able to spot it in the skyline?

It will only render if you're within 10 miles.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Xbox WhosOnFirst

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
‘Microsoft can’t innovate’ my rear end.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Shoulda called it the xXxBoxXx

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Electric Bugaloo posted:

‘Microsoft can’t innovate’ my rear end.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FunOne posted:

So many people have their TVs over the fireplace (WHY?!) so the new design looks more comfy to fit on the mantle underneath. Makes sense to me. Big entertainment centers are no longer the modern way, and Nintendo has done plenty of work to get away from the pizza box form factor.

However, I loving hate that we can't just use model numbers or versions or revisions or some other normal way of naming things. Everything has a generic, unsearchable name that is not clear at all where it fits in the line of things.

Xbox20? XB20? Nahhhh, "Series X"

You know they're going to give the two versions extra stupid modifiers. You'll have to order an "Xbox Series X Gaming Edition" or an "Xbox Series X Players Edition" or something similarly confusing.

Fireplace tvs are a cool way to cook your tv and hurt your neck

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Don't care how big it is as long as it's quiet. I'm glad they pay attention to stuff like that because it's probably my biggest pet peeve with the PS4.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

Don't care how big it is as long as it's quiet. I'm glad they pay attention to stuff like that because it's probably my biggest pet peeve with the PS4.

Fix your PS4, my multiple units are all whisper quiet even under load.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Fix your PS4, my multiple units are all whisper quiet even under load.

Launch pro is clean as can be but loud af

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Real hurthling! posted:

I have a GoW edition of the Pro and I can hear it when I'm wearing headphones.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Mine made some noise but wasn't that loud so I don't know wtf, wonder if the US batches were bad. I have two of the most recent Pros (the one with the smaller power cable) and they're both very quiet.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I have a GoW edition of the Pro and I can hear it when I'm wearing headphones.

Sounds like you really runed your gaming experience!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

They should have did the trashcan design like Apple did for their Mac Pro. You can lay it on its side but it will roll around.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

My launch Pro is also loud :( It overheated to the point of crashing in the same conditions as my regular PS4, I had to rearrange my setup to give it more room to breathe. I think Sony really did muck something up with that first batch.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

acksplode posted:

My launch Pro is also loud :( It overheated to the point of crashing in the same conditions as my regular PS4, I had to rearrange my setup to give it more room to breathe. I think Sony really did muck something up with that first batch.
I ordered some thermal pads just have something to fiddle with ahead of The Last of Us, but some also say placing something underneath the console like a jewel case can improve airflow.

TLOU:R stuttered pretty crazy when I revisited it on my PS4 a while back, so something's up, and that's with proper rear airflow.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

acksplode posted:

DF said the later ones make a lower frequency noise so its less annoying in addition to being a bit quieter

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The Xbox One Series X Isn't Designed For Women, And That's Not Okay

Microsoft revealed their next generation of the Xbox console line yesterday at the Game Awards, and once again they've forgotten that over 50% of all gamers are women. With aggressive, masculine corners, the Xbox Series X is a phallic tower next to your TV, designed to look at home in a "man cave" or frat room, right next to the dirty bong.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Microsoft are just planning to make money on people having to replace their consoles after the cat knocked them over or blocked the exhaust by lying on the top.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ufarn posted:

Microsoft are just planning to make money on people having to replace their consoles after the cat knocked them over or blocked the exhaust by lying on the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I hope the new generation of consoles deliver 60 FPS.