Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can you imagine losing the Ravens? lmao how bad do you have to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ravens clinching scenarios this week:

If the Ravens win tonight or BUF beats PIT, they will clinch the AFC North. The Ravens winning tonight would also guarantee a top 3 seed.

If the Ravens win AND either CIN beats NE, or DEN beats KC, they're guaranteed a first round bye.

If the Ravens win both of the above happens (lol), the Ravens clinch the 1 seed.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can you imagine losing the Ravens? lmao how bad do you have to be.

imagine the AFC letting a team who lost to the browns get a 1 seed lmfao

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
aw our only steelers poster

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Is he playing?

You dont trust the word of our lord and savoir Lamar Jackson? HERETIC!!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sour Diesel posted:

imagine the AFC letting a team who lost to the browns get a 1 seed lmfao

Alarming and troubling.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The Browns beat the Ravens and the Jets, so no matter who wins tonight, the Brown's really win!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

When you think about it the Browns already won the division.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1205351139325202433

Lamars bling is growing exponentially and cannot be contained

Do the kids still say bling

I think it's drip now right

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Yeah he can run and might pass for 5 TDs a game but its only a matter of time till the fraudulent "QB" Jackson is exposed, and ruined.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Yeah he can run and might pass for 5 TDs a game but its only a matter of time till the fraudulent "QB" Jackson is exposed, and ruined.

Well if anyone is going to expose him it is the mighty browns

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Lamar has proven himself as at least tied for the third best QB in the AFC NORTH. Mayfield is obviously number one, and you can make a case for Garrett Gilbert or Andy Dalton for #2.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Andy Dalton from the Bengals,

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

now that's paper

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lamar Jackson isn’t even a great RB

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Just wanted to have a thread for all of you that think I’m nuts to suggest it. And a thread I can come back to a year or two down the road (which was what I had said before) and most everyone called me nuts, crazy etc.

I want him to stay healthy and hopefully win us a super bowl but I think after this year his appeal will never be as high as it is now and some team would be willing to give up the farm (3-1sts is my guess) and we are set long term.

I know this is a very unpopular opinion but I just don’t see him ever replicating anything close to this year again. I’d love to be wrong and him win us several championships but I just don’t see it happening.

I just can’t believe not one fan feels this way. Gooo Ravens !!!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I think you mean Browns, good sir.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
https://twitter.com/PFF_Browns/status/1205528773543841792?s=19

Better than Lamar.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Chubb for MVP!

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

Just wanted to have a thread for all of you that think I’m nuts to suggest it. And a thread I can come back to a year or two down the road (which was what I had said before) and most everyone called me nuts, crazy etc.

I want him to stay healthy and hopefully win us a super bowl but I think after this year his appeal will never be as high as it is now and some team would be willing to give up the farm (3-1sts is my guess) and we are set long term.

I know this is a very unpopular opinion but I just don’t see him ever replicating anything close to this year again. I’d love to be wrong and him win us several championships but I just don’t see it happening.

shut up bitch

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sour Diesel posted:

shut up bitch

that spawned 17 pages of discussion somehow lol

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
child's play

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The dude is 22 and broke the record for passing touchdowns at his age. Also despite having a solid team there is tons of room for improvement here aside from Jackson. You know who QB'ed a pass-focused team who broke the then-points record in 1998? Randall Cunningham! Lamar Jackson should only improve as a passer as his career goes on and is dedicated to his game etc etc. It'd be totally foolish to think we could somehow cash out on him and come out ahead.

When you have those centerpieces you build around them. It's such a luxury to have those in place unlike the last 5 years where we've just been kind of lost at sea without those franchise players. Now we got a guy. You don't just give those up.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Baker Mayfield has more completions and air yards than any other AFC NORTH quarterback. Lamar can't do that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is Lamar Jackson even making commercials? That's what I thought.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

The dude is 22 and broke the record for passing touchdowns at his age. Also despite having a solid team there is tons of room for improvement here aside from Jackson. You know who QB'ed a pass-focused team who broke the then-points record in 1998? Randall Cunningham! Lamar Jackson should only improve as a passer as his career goes on and is dedicated to his game etc etc. It'd be totally foolish to think we could somehow cash out on him and come out ahead.

When you have those centerpieces you build around them. It's such a luxury to have those in place unlike the last 5 years where we've just been kind of lost at sea without those franchise players. Now we got a guy. You don't just give those up.

c'mon man

oh hey my av came through, thanks Athantos!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is Lamar Jackson even making commercials? That's what I thought.

.... savages...

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

c'mon man

oh hey my av came through, thanks Athantos!

Maybe that was just kidding but I can see someone saying it. I feel like there's some context I'm missing here.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Maybe that was just kidding but I can see someone saying it. I feel like there's some context I'm missing here.

its a c/p from a ravens forum

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I hate myself for considering it for a second

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

First round picks are the most overrated thing in football. Every draft has like 3 can't miss players max in the first round. And can't miss just means they will be a solid addition not necessarily a super star. If you are picking above the top five you may as well forget it. Any above average QB is worth more than three first round picks.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I wouldn't trade Lamar for five 1s

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Smiling Mandrill posted:

First round picks are the most overrated thing in football. Every draft has like 3 can't miss players max in the first round. And can't miss just means they will be a solid addition not necessarily a super star. If you are picking above the top five you may as well forget it. Any above average QB is worth more than three first round picks.

We need your wisdom in the draft thread

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Everybody is talking about the Cleveland Browns and the upcoming Sooner Showdown between quarterback Baker Mayfield and utility infielder Kyle Murrey. This game has been circled on a lot of calendars as a highlight of the season, that's why it gets the coveted 4:25 time slot with nearly no television coverage. Fabulous Freddy Kitchens is primed to show off his playbook and put the ball in Baker's hands for 30 or 40 passes, knowing RBs Chubb and Hunt don't need more than a handful of touches for triple digits in the rushing column. Folks this is just to build up Mayfield's comfort with his young receivers going into the final playoffs push. The Browns will be firing on all cylinders in the deserts of Arizona and ready to come back home after a huge win to defeat the Ravens who just can't seem to figure it all out.

Browns 69
Cardinals 0
Ravens 0-16 next year after the Brown's confuse them yet again.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I made an incredible discovery. You all might want to sit down. I found out the Baltimore Ravens are actually the Cleveland Browns and so the Cleveland Browns are winning the division.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Feel like im going through Lamar withdrawl

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Despera posted:

Feel like im going through Lamar withdrawl

Whenever Lamar's not on the screen, all the other players should be asking "Where's Lamar?"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Now the question becomes how many more seasons do we waste with Kitchens? I'm gonna say at least two more. Gotta makes sure we destroy Baker completely, and burn up all of Chubb's prime years. Can't wait till Odell is off the team. He might make spectacular catches every now, and then but he more than compensates for that with drive killing drops, and our QB trying to force him the ball when other guys are wide the gently caress open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Quoting for emphasis. This was the game in a single image.