Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Pomp posted:

Is it too much to say I hope the troubles 2 find themselves at the British medias literal doorstep or do I need to go chill out for a bit

Edit: like, I can't be the only person who thinks the coordinated, cross media smear campaign is going to go down as a deeply criminal action?

all i can say is that if that happens lmao im not feeling sorry for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

No sympathy for the BBC.

Goodbye to Sky.

Channel 4? :byewhore:

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I'm not british and I don't post here but I'm sad.

I'm not as left as some but I keep hoping that the sheer abhorent nature of the right wing parties in western democracies would get people to vote for a progressive government. Yeah Jez had flaws and had to contend with a hugely hostile media but at this point it really seems like the left is going to have to run an amazing candidate and somehow not gently caress anything up to beat these disgusting monsters

yet over on the conservative side they can gently caress everything up, run candidates who even their supporters think are braindead goldfish and still win somehow

which makes me sad because it seems like things are going to have to get a lot worse before they get better

dodgeblan has issued a correction as of 22:02 on Dec 13, 2019

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Re: dinner egg

https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/779747279037198336?lang=en

that's literally all it is

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Holy poo poo you guys really put the dagger in your country like overnight.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

perfidious albion strikes again

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

dodgeblan posted:

I'm not british and I don't post here but I'm sad.

I'm not as left as some but I keep hoping that the sheer abhorent nature of the right wing parties in western democracies would get people to vote for a progressive government. Yeah Jez had flaws and had to contend with a hugely hostile media but at this point it really seems like the left is going to have to run an amazing candidate and somehow not gently caress anything up to beat these disgusting monsters

yet over on the conservative side they can gently caress everything up, run candidates who even their supporters think are braindead goldfish and still win somehow

which makes me sad because it seems like things are going to have to get a lot worse before they get better

western "democracies" are vampire nations sucking the lifeblood of the third world

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

people talk about the under-30s and the under-35s but even if the 45 and under set had been the only ones voting Corbyn would have run the table. the old people hosed you guys.

the next fight is definitely to keep the red tories from oozing back in, but given that a huge chunk of their leadership cadre split off into the CUK shed and then lost their seats, I think you can do this. sending you my leftist energy

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

They're been at this for a long time, actually

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm surprised people are talking about the future of the Labour party now. As opposed to, you know, how to immigrate to Ireland or raise chickens or stockpile medicine.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
I admired Corbyn so goddamn much.

This was clearly about Brexit but me oh my even the BBC is nonsensically portraying this as a rejection of social democratic values.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/uhhhhbutwhy/status/1205295322001530880

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gripweed posted:

I'm surprised people are talking about the future of the Labour party now. As opposed to, you know, how to immigrate to Ireland or raise chickens or stockpile medicine.

Buddy they need to start talking about growing their own penicilin.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

is this poo poo going down or what

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drunkboxer posted:

is this poo poo going down or what

tbh I think it really depends on what happens with Scotland. If they successfully break away then I think a lot of North Irish people are going to wonder why they're still stuck on the sinking ship with England and Wales.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/1205535498065846272

I'm not gonna say anything directly illegal but I am gonna say, as a note wrt the upcoming American elections, that it's common practice for elderly republican voters to be transported to the polls in tightly packed busses

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I found a subset of anarchists/antifa (?) people who are glad Corbyn lost because he is an ultranationalist fascist?? Can someone explain to me the logic

i sent them angry tweets but i doubt they are going to respond

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kurtofan posted:

I found a subset of anarchists/antifa (?) people who are glad Corbyn lost because he is an ultranationalist fascist?? Can someone explain to me the logic

Are you familiar with the history and legacy of of leftist politics?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Are you familiar with the history and legacy of of leftist politics?

i want to break things

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kurtofan posted:

Corbyn participated in the bourgeois farce of parliamentary elections and was a stinking social democrat, which is the left wing of fascism.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

adolescent brain development

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kurtofan posted:

i want to break things

Hey you found a consensus you guys can build on!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
it sucks because this person was great for some issues, but now i'm going to ignore them because when it comes to foreign policy it's like what the gently caress

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

IWW Online Branch posted:

Corbyn participated in the bourgeois farce of parliamentary elections and was a stinking social democrat, which is the left wing of fascism.

they were for the libdems lol (to preserve european rights lol, good job)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm kind of angry because if he had won, most people would be kissing his rear end as the genius that can make the left win!!!

Also that person keeps saying many Jews were leaving the UK for Germany/France because of Labour, that's bullshit right

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Homeless Friend posted:

You accurately see the situation, but have inverted the conclusion. It's not bad, it's good: the worker is more precarious, more exploitable, and easier to extract from, they are split and more dependent then ever. Now normally this would mean these folks would be unable to afford an adequate standard of living, but if you stretch that system worldwide... creating tremendous downward pressure on certain goods, massive surplus labor populations focused on cities where the "industrial capitalism" went... folks maybe we can get some buy in, we may have something here.

so all these companies paying massive rent and wage bills are doing it for some potential future payoff?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

https://twitter.com/thwphipps/status/617371513277259776

Throwback to a simpler times where we didn't yet realize we were in hellworld

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

anarchists

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
lol he retweet Bellingcat

and he look like this

"activist, reggae dj"

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sounds like he might just have a personality disorder

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Sounds like he might just have a personality disorder

i mean same but

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i met a white dutch reggae dj once and he goes to veganism sit in protests wearing guy fawkes masks where they all block traffic to get people to stop eating meat.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Lord of Pie posted:

perfidious albion strikes again

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

IWW Online Branch posted:

Corbyn is BEB

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

stinch posted:

so all these companies paying massive rent and wage bills are doing it for some potential future payoff?

The payoff is for the landlords, not the companies who have to pay out for rents based on insane property values. It's a necessity of doing business where capital is the most concentrated.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i met a white dutch reggae dj once and he goes to veganism sit in protests wearing guy fawkes masks where they all block traffic to get people to stop eating meat.

I'm sorry to hear that you had to experience that

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

foobardog posted:

Corbyn is JEB!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i bet it works real well

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Kurtofan posted:

the same people who can't distinguish between nationalist-driven colonialism and nationalist-driven independence movements i guess

basically a whole bunch of people who want the left to eject the state as its first revolutionary act, not its last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
People are full of contrasts