Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I never knew Twi'leks had vampire fangs. That's gonna spawn so much bad :airquote: user-written content :airquote:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I think the episodes are setting up that eventually Mando will have fewer and fewer places to go get jobs, the BH Guild probably are still out to get him and that’s probably why this episode unfolded the way it did.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I never knew Twi'leks had vampire fangs. That's gonna spawn so much bad :airquote: user-written content :airquote:.

Bibb Fortuna had them. It’s been a thing.

I actually liked how they set up the Mando as the straight man to the gang. You put him in a group of stereotypical bad guys and he just sighs at their bullshit, then when they try to turn the tables he immediately demonstrates exactly why he can afford to not take their poo poo.

It’s also satisfying after the first few episodes where he keeps ending up way out of his depth to finally have two episodes where he can truly show off the Mandalorian reputation.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

If anyone listens to Tested’s “This is only a test” podcast, in yesterday’s episode either Norm or Kishore were just talking about how Mando is kind of bad at fighting. Cut to today where he John Wicks literally everyone :lol:

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
:lol: during the end credits I looked at the concept art and thought

"Oh, so they were visualising Clancy Brown when they created the character."

Then Clancy Brown's name popped up. I had no idea.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

chitoryu12 posted:

Bibb Fortuna had them. It’s been a thing.

Bibb had *all* fangs. These two Twi'leks had normal teeth with pronounced canines.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's nice to get two episodes of our boy baddassing around the galaxy after getting his rear end whooped in four straight

The poo poo in the hallway with strobing lights was straight out of Alien(s) 3: Resurrection vs. Predator

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I've read complaints where internet dullards don't like how it's "formulaic" or whatever that every episode so far has someone gunning for The Child, multiple times an episode, forcing them to move on, but that's like the drumbeat backing the whole main plot. If they didn't do it it would be "well why doesn't he just take it easy since he found someplace he can lay low?"

I'm hoping that the last two episodes are a little more interconnected. The actor they got to play the Imp Warlord big bad is just a treat and I hope they give that whole thing it's proper due.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bibb Fortuna's teeth were jagged and kinda animal like. He didn't have vampire fangs.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Awesome episode. Reminded me a bit of Black Lagoon/Jormungand. Xian reminded me a bit of Boc from Dark Force II: Jedi Knight: Constantly hissing and definitely a few screws loose. The indignation in the "I WASN'T A STORMTROOPER" line was perfect. I love how with each new episode, the style can switch from Western/Samurai epic to action adventure to dirty merc work and it all fits.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 13, 2019

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This episode was shot like a horror film where the monster was Mando and I loved every second of it.

Also while he technically cleared this level non-lethal he also blew up their home and killed their boss

It’s a fucken good show

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Captain Splendid posted:

:lol: during the end credits I looked at the concept art and thought

"Oh, so they were visualising Clancy Brown when they created the character."

Then Clancy Brown's name popped up. I had no idea.

Yeah, the art looked more like Clancy Brown than Clancy Brown did.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It was always kinda weird that Bib Fortuna and the sexy dancer girls from Jabba's palace were the same race. The early explanation was that the men looked like Bib and the women were arbitrarily hot but that's always felt sexist. I see these two bridging the gap and making Twi'lek beauty a wider spectrum.

Also Bill Burr was loving great, maybe I had low expectations (as does he) but I was impressed with his acting even if he was just playing an amped up version of himself.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Bust Rodd posted:

Also while he technically cleared this level non-lethal he also blew up their home and killed their boss

I justify it as the team were jerks, the droid was a droid, and the boss and the prisoner were real scumbags

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I love how the Empire basically underworld gangs now and the New Republic is The Cops, and they play a peripheral role as a distant authority that sometimes jails people and air strikes its problems away.

Also I hope their plan was a little more subtle than "at the first sign of trouble, dispatch a flight of X-Wings to scuttle the transport." Or else poor egghead was doomed knife in the guts or not.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I know the “New Republic” moniker is a holdover from the old EU, but why don’t they just call it “The Republic”. Even if it’s an intentional rebranding effort, it seems like only egghead True Believers would actually call it that.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

"Hey is it weird that the prison ship tracker beacon is on this other thing instead? Ah gently caress it fire the missiles"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Hobo Clown posted:

"Hey is it weird that the prison ship tracker beacon is on this other thing instead? Ah gently caress it fire the missiles"

But I am le tired.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

General Dog posted:

I know the “New Republic” moniker is a holdover from the old EU, but why don’t they just call it “The Republic”. Even if it’s an intentional rebranding effort, it seems like only egghead True Believers would actually call it that.

Distancing themselves from the flawed Galactic Republic, which just had a massive clone war and got rear end hosed by a sith lord and his obvious in hindsight mustache twirling.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
How long can you call it the New Republic though? Seems at a certain point that's an issue that would need to be addressed.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Rocksicles posted:

Distancing themselves from the flawed Galactic Republic, which just had a massive clone war and got rear end hosed by a sith lord and his obvious in hindsight mustache twirling.

Right, I get why they call themselves that, but not why a bunch of jaded outer rimmers would go along with it.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Clancy looked like the police captain from the Godfather.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
As long as you're writing the history books you can call yourself whatever you like.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Clancy Brown ruled. Bill Burr ruled. Natalia Tena ruled.

Episode was real good.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Nail Rat posted:

How long can you call it the New Republic though? Seems at a certain point that's an issue that would need to be addressed.

Why bother to rename it the next movie it is mostly destroyed.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hobo Clown posted:

They didn’t start shooting until they saw the station was launching a fighter to intercept.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Nail Rat posted:

Since it's "The Republic" by TFA, fewer than thirty years, but more than 5.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

chitoryu12 posted:

They didn’t start shooting until they saw the station was launching a fighter to intercept.

That would likely be the response of any space station that suddenly has a bunch of unexpected jet fighters speeding towards it.

Nail Rat posted:

Sadly the New Republic Council was voting on their new name the very day Hux blew them all up.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Not for sale anywhere, dude bought a magnetic levitation kit from Alibaba and 3D-printed the rest.
What a shame, could have made millions this christmas season.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AgonizingWideeyedAnchovy-mobile.mp4
(No idea why it does not embed.)

(https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/ea6ypo/magnetic_levitation_baby_yoda_crib/)

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 13, 2019

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Hobo Clown posted:

That would likely be the response of any space station that suddenly has a bunch of unexpected jet fighters speeding towards it.

New Republic RoE.

If an unregistered station launches an intercept at a New Republic IFFed strike team they are Remnant hostiles; permission to engage.

if they don't launch they are well-disciplined clandestine remnant spies; permission to engage and destroy the probable listening post.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 14, 2019

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I'd be interested to hear from the posters who said this was dull. The complaints of this episode being characters wandering around empty corridors for no reason strikes me as odd. Genuinely interested here, what is your idea of a not-dull episode?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

General Dog posted:

I didn't care for Twi'lek Catwoman

You mean Twi'lek Harley Quinn?

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Best episode in a while. I really liked the horror element once Mando escaped. Plus it set up Bill Burr returning at some point and i'm happy about that. Very excited for the introduction of Gus Fring, i feel that's going to help stir the show back into the more serious, less adventure of the week tone I've missed since the first couple of episodes.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mike N Eich posted:

So are we to believe the Mando Fucks, and when he Fucks he keeps the helmet on?

To paraphrase the late great Captain Murphy: "You want the helmet on or off?" "Off, please." "Too bad."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hobo Clown posted:

The New Republic is the new government now. You don’t send out fighters to intercept them unless you feel like getting blown up.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
What kind of poo poo rear end anti-employee organisation doesn't have rules for having two people working together. God drat this new republic is much worse than the empire.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

My company gives us "recognition points" that we can exchange for among other things a limited selection of gift cards. The Disney Store was one of the options and I basically grabbed on of every Baby Yoda pre-order thing because what the hell, it's fun money and I'm going to give my gal and son who both love the baby yoda (as we all should) "early bird coupons" letting them know they have merch coming in the spring.

Anyway it was funny to me that they're limit one.

I also got a big sandcrawler to use as Star Wars Legion terrain/taking Mando's rims.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Twi'lek Harley and her bro was a bit meh but it's still cool to see such straight up villainous BH ones. I don't think they were an item, just a lot of hitting on the Mando and being ignored, she has the actions of being previously spurned. Anyway, it was great to finally get to see the Mando live up to his reputation and take out a whole squad of droids by himself with nothing but his skills and gadgets after being beaten down so much in previous eps. That was such a cool scene!

I also absolutely love how it turned into a slasher movies for assholes, complete with flashing red lights and being stalked by the enemy while creeping down hallways. The Bill Burr scene with Mando vanishing and reappearing with every strobe is a trope straight out of a horror movie and done so well. I just wish the Mando did kill them but I'm guess that fate is worst than death in the end and his petty rear end knew it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Noirex posted:

Twi'lek Harley and her bro was a bit meh but it's still cool to see such straight up villainous BH ones. I don't think they were an item, just a lot of hitting on the Mando and being ignored, she has the actions of being previously spurned. Anyway, it was great to finally get to see the Mando live up to his reputation and take out a whole squad of droids by himself with nothing but his skills and gadgets after being beaten down so much in previous eps. That was such a cool scene!

I also absolutely love how it turned into a slasher movies for assholes, complete with flashing red lights and being stalked by the enemy while creeping down hallways. The Bill Burr scene with Mando vanishing and reappearing with every strobe is a trope straight out of a horror movie and done so well. I just wish the Mando did kill them but I'm guess that fate is worst than death in the end and his petty rear end knew it.

I'm fine with him not killing any of them, since it means we might get Clancy Brown or Bill Burr again in a future season...which I am totally on board with.

Also, Disney X-Wing/Rogue/Wraith Squadron show now please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

JBP posted:

What kind of poo poo rear end anti-employee organisation doesn't have rules for having two people working together. God drat this new republic is much worse than the empire.

Since when have governmetns paid two people to do the job of two people?