Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

marshmallow creep posted:

Has anyone posted the latest Fallout 76 bugs, because lol that reloading your gun makes you lose over a hundred points of armor value.

Amazing.

The only way that would be better is if it took away hit points instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

But then you could slam stimpacks. With the bug as is, the only thing to do is strip naked.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Would that even help or does that just end up with you having an armor rating of negative one hundred?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Cardiovorax posted:

Would that even help or does that just end up with you having an armor rating of negative one hundred?

if so, just keep doing it until it underflows and you have MAXINT armor

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It is a Bethesda game, after all

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!

RandomFerret posted:

That's going to be the big threat in the new movie after starkiller base failed. Just slap hyperdrive engines on planets and smash them into each other. Cheap, effective, and you don't have to actually pilot your entire base to within firing range

Star Wars going full Lensman would be incredible.

dreamin of semen
Feb 22, 2013

MULTIPLICATION

Krankenstyle posted:

Yeah I meant breakpoint, not cap lol. For the uninitiated, it allows you to use a debugger to inspect the callstack and see what everything looks like at that point in time. Then you can step through it one by one or change a value or whatever you want.

So if your breakpoint tells you its height is now too high, you check the callstack for which functions were called to cause the height variable to rise, and see that it's npc.interact(FurnitureLadder, climb) or something. It wouldn't tell you why it was climbing, but now you could set a breakpoint on the npc climb function and see when and why that is called and so on, instead of just going "welp idk ship it"

Yeah that's fair, I thought you meant like, hit a breakpoint and then sniff around where it broke, for some reason? I have no idea why my brain didn't even think of the call stack, I use it very regularly??

There's a whole number of ways that stuff like that can get obscured, especially if you've got loads of systems touching each other, but yeah, you're right, debugging well with good tools helps. I dunno how robust UE4 debugging is, I'm a custom engine kinda lady, but I'd hope it's good enough for effectively what you suggested.

marshmallow creep posted:

Has anyone posted the latest Fallout 76 bugs, because lol that reloading your gun makes you lose over a hundred points of armor value.

I'm starting to believe that Fallout 76 is Bethesda's weird psyop attempt at getting in on the outrage (or absurdity) market by intentionally making the shittiest, most broken game possible, in the hopes that people will buy it to see how lovely and broken it is. Like they're bad, but they're not THIS goddamn incapable, usually, mostly. Stuff like all the networking being plaintext is stupid to the point of absurdity, I don't understand how any major dev could manage that. I almost bought it when I heard that just because the barrier to entry for utterly breaking it over my knee for my own amusement at that point is 0

I'm just imagining todd howard sitting at his desk throwing a set of those sexy bedroom ideas dice, but modified to be horrible game ideas, and they land on "GUNS", "DESTROY OWN" and "ARMOR"

We've already got companies doing stuff like putting out ads specifically in the hopes of making people angry, and this is just one step further when you already have the tools and a huge asset base. There's juuuust enough effort that it's not just an asset flip, they even avoided as much work as possible by doing literally no writing, no(?) voice acting, and by making the world as barebones as possible!

:tinfoil:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
If it is 'bad on purpose' then it failed in a way wwe2k20 succeeded.

dreamin of semen
Feb 22, 2013

MULTIPLICATION

Elfface posted:

If it is 'bad on purpose' then it failed in a way wwe2k20 succeeded.

true

https://twitter.com/ApekzYT/status/1203413007822467074

https://twitter.com/TheEnduringIcon/status/1204864263870914561

Never tire of dudes having intense boneitis out of nowhere

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I dunno, that first guy seems pretty close to how I'd react to seeing that irl.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
You'd be surprised. I saw a video of a father and son watching a basketball game once where a player stepped wrong and got a very open tibia break basically within a single step. A disturbing amount of laughter was had.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If we really want to navel gaze The Outer World's and what happens when you just forbid an undesired behavior, it sounds that's almost exactly what caused the bug. They turned off furniture functions blanket during conversations, even though there is at least the one that has a paired interaction in order to start laddering and stop laddering. Good object docs and impact review could have stopped that in a perfect world.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

zedprime posted:

If we really want to navel gaze The Outer World's and what happens when you just forbid an undesired behavior, it sounds that's almost exactly what caused the bug. They turned off furniture functions blanket during conversations, even though there is at least the one that has a paired interaction in order to start laddering and stop laddering. Good object docs and impact review could have stopped that in a perfect world.

omg yeah lol, it was literally that. great job team (by team i mean us, not the devs)

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
On the other hand, they could have done exactly what the did and now we have a funny story about companions climbing into space, because it would be impolite to stop and risk interrupting your conversation.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Elfface posted:

On the other hand, they could have done exactly what the did and now we have a funny story about companions climbing into space, because it would be impolite to stop and risk interrupting your conversation.

it would be pretty great if the NPC's distress and discomfort increased visibly as the conversation went on and they climbed further and further into space

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Krankenstyle posted:

it would be pretty great if the NPC's distress and discomfort increased visibly as the conversation went on and they climbed further and further into space

Space Oddity playing in the background.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ground control: ground control to major tom

major tom: in space, no one can hear me desperately climbing invisible stairs like some sisyphean marionette waiting for you to shut the hell up so i can fall uselessly to my death on the roof of the spaceship i once called home

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Honestly, if someone has that level of skill and love for climbing, it seems like a real shame to take the option away from them.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
They don't love climbing, they are inexorably linked to compulsively continue the act as long as someone one else is staring expectantly at someone after they just said something. They are in climbing hell and their only absolution comes when someone manages to say goodbye.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

My friend tried playing Hunt: Showdown with me https://streamable.com/0a931

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Not sure what exactly was expected of me here

https://i.imgur.com/soiLxdV.mp4

haveblue has a new favorite as of 04:02 on Dec 14, 2019

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

haveblue posted:

Not sure what exactly was expected of me here

https://i.imgur.com/soiLxdV.mp4

if you wanna get down that ridge, i think you need to make your team members talk to each other.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
That ladder glitch also explains why Parvati specifically seemed to be the one everyone was losing. The room she typically hangs out in, the cargo bay, is filled with ladders leading to the other area that she typically hangs out in, the engine core.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Ariong posted:

Is there a clip of this where the dialogue isn't inaudibly quiet? I cannot make out the game audio.

Sadly not, the audio mixing in that game is atrocious with no way of fixing it, and every single line of dialogue has one of two songs absolutely blaring over it.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

Patching out the undesired result rather than the cause is how you get Bethesda code.
Q.E.D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFkwtNrgnTs

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/FYutwV4.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/WDwC87r.gifv

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Holy poo poo. This never ends, does it?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 47 hours!

Quill posted:

Holy poo poo. This never ends, does it?

Matt McMuscles (a Youtuber who used to be part of Best Friends Play) does a series called 'What Happened?' where he tries to explain the behind-the-scenes stuff that led to famous gaming and movie disasters.

He had to do a 'What Keeps Happening?' For Fallout 76, because it somehow keeps finding new ways to be terrible.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Woah you get an owl in grease odyssey

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You get a birb in Egypt Screed, too.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

stuffed crust punk posted:

Woah you get an owl in grease odyssey
It's an eagle.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The games always had Eagle Vision. They just turned into Literally An Eagle Vision.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Reddit post from that video

quote:

Halo Reach for PC has an anti-cheat system and it is only a week or so old. This game is over a year and the only anti-cheat is an overly stressed out report system. Met a group of 4 with cheat-item hacks activated and had ridiculous rare items and items not even possible. The people who had items like Sun Mask, Jester, Goblin, a gun that shot confetti, fire explosive plasma (like, the animation was fire and explosive), etc. were all nice people but I reported them anyways. Why?
:siren:Cause the market is literally ruined:siren:
and these guys will get minor slaps on the wrist and write an "I'm Sorry Cause ____" like you handed out when the game first came out (loving hilarious btw, what a joke punishment)

Lol at this capitalist snitch.
People do the whole going down with the ship bullshit on much more well established and trusted things so it is incredibly, incredibly hilarious that the myth of the rational actor keeps being proven to be a myth.

And people still give Beth money

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 13:22 on Dec 18, 2019

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://i.imgur.com/nLoAc4r.mp4

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zereth posted:

It's an eagle.

Oh i had it mixed up with far cry, since primal had an owl and is another game where you ram pointy sticks through unsuspecting ancient people

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

stuffed crust punk posted:

Oh i had it mixed up with far cry, since primal had an owl and is another game where you ram pointy sticks through unsuspecting ancient people
It would've made thematic sense for Odyssey, what with Athena's holy animal being the owl. One of your bird-vision related skills is even called Eyes of Athena or something.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Eh, Zeus was all about eagles, he's just not seen holding one as often.

Personally, I'd have liked Hera's holy bird. Peacock vision!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Elfface posted:

Eh, Zeus was all about eagles, he's just not seen holding one as often.

Personally, I'd have liked Hera's holy bird. Peacock vision!

You do not want to see what abilities Zeus's Swan has

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Corkscrew Dick Attack would probably be a bit much even for a game about murdering people. Look funny as hell, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

This mod better have this as the soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETfiUYij5UE&t=21s