Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SlimGoodbody posted:

Is the bottom left one Looper or Gemini Man

Gemini Man mixed with Phonebooth is my guess. There's a clone of him wreaking havock while he's stick in a phone booth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1205495356798189568

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

My favorite response to one of these stories was just posting a picture of Joe Pesci from Goodfellas as he walks into a room right before he gets whacked

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Finally peace talks have started.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
So which MCU movie will Scorsese direct

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the punisher

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Why the gently caress is this still going on?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

I'm imagining a quiet conversation until at the end Iger throws him out a window into a pit of fanboys that'll devour him like piranhas.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

site posted:

the punisher

This would honestly rule especially if they kept Jon Bernthal in the role.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

site posted:

the punisher

But from the point of view of the Mob families he hunts because Martin Scorsese loves the mob.

Actually, a Punisher movie that focused on the mob, where Frank just appears occasionally and is treated like a movie monster or some slasher flick...might be kind of cool.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

He gets to do a movie version of the ‘What If’ comic where JJJ is Iron Man

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Martin Scorcese to direct Fantastic 4 reboot with Leonardo DiCaprio as The Thing, Joe Pesci as Mr Fantastic, Robert Deniro as The Human Torch, and Sharon Stone as The Invisible Woman.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The only problem with Scott Pilgrim is that it wastes Mae Whitman and papers over exes 4-6 so quickly that it comes off as a little biphobic and racist.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Marty's a DC guy.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Marty's a DC guy.

Who, though? Dan Turpin?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Lobok posted:

Who, though? Dan Turpin?

Carmine Falcone

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

This is starting to feel like a season arc on Curb your Enthusiasm.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

enigmahfc posted:

But from the point of view of the Mob families he hunts because Martin Scorsese loves the mob.

Actually, a Punisher movie that focused on the mob, where Frank just appears occasionally and is treated like a movie monster or some slasher flick...might be kind of cool.

So a direct adaptation of Ennis MAX run.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Mameluke posted:

The only problem with Scott Pilgrim is that it wastes Mae Whitman and papers over exes 4-6 so quickly that it comes off as a little biphobic and racist.

Doing it as two movies would have been a better option for it. They could have given characters more time to show off their actual character and personalities like the comic did, and they could have used the comic's ending.

But there's no way that was ever going to happen.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm kind of shocked no one has porched a Scott Pilgrim TV show, with it being a known property as the success of poo poo like Riverdale.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

After going "I have a black friend" in his first respond to Scorsese (while kowtowing to China in an unrelated comment), how will Iger make an rear end of himself now?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vandar posted:

Doing it as two movies would have been a better option for it. They could have given characters more time to show off their actual character and personalities like the comic did, and they could have used the comic's ending.

But there's no way that was ever going to happen.

If they had number two would never have come out after the first bombed so hard.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I started rereading the comics today and I have to say:
1) I sort of stand by my initial position-- they aged weirdly if not poorly. I think the time it takes for O'Malley to dig into Scott being an odious guy instead of a lovable slacker, tonally I mean, wouldn't unfold so luxuriously in 2020.

2) I forgot how funny it is, and how good O'Malley's comic timing is. Everything about Wallace's psychic boyfriend as well as every vegan joke lands 100%.

So I don't know-- it's a good comic but one that's very firmly of its moment. I'm happy to be reading it. I'm looking forward to revisiting the movie because I remember being the only person I saw it with who wasn't completely charmed by it, but I've become a lot less fussy about movies since the early aughts.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I also really wanted a Ghost Rider movie to do the 70's-style unstoppable slasher movie villain who comes after bad people thing

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Blockhouse posted:

I also really wanted a Ghost Rider movie to do the 70's-style unstoppable slasher movie villain who comes after bad people thing

So, Superhero Pumpkinhead?

Yeah, that'd kick rear end.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

One of my favorite Ghost Rider stories is Johnny confessing to a priest and you get the slow reveal that the priest is a fake and killed the church's actual padre and legs it. Includes the guy trying to drive away as fast as he can and Ghost Rider not only catching up but driving circles around the murderer, cackling all the while. That's what I want in a Ghost Rider property.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Blockhouse posted:

A few years ago DC did an animated short about the Specter. But it was done in a 70's style Grindhouse style. I really think that could be a good fit for a live action film.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Blockhouse posted:

I can just imagine a movie from the criminals' perspective as people start dying and they realize some victim of their past actions is hunting them down. Like I Know What You Did Last Summer except good.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Bruceski posted:

I can just imagine a movie from the criminals' perspective as people start dying and they realize some victim of their past actions is hunting them down. Like I Know What You Did Last Summer except good.

This is such a good idea

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SlimGoodbody posted:

This is such a good idea

I think that's what the next Spawn is supposed to be like, except, you know, it'll probably be bad.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I believe the movie Christopher made in The Sopranos was kind of like that, and that turned out great!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Archyduchess posted:

I believe the movie Christopher made in The Sopranos was kind of like that, and that turned out great!

Cleaver! He was going after his boss for killing him tho, not just random criminals.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Archyduchess posted:

GHOST RIDER (V.O): i must stay loyle to my capo

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Archyduchess posted:

"gently caress Ben Kingsley. Danny Baldwin took him to loving acting school."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There's an issue of Punisher MAX with that premise and it's one of the better one-shots.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That’s how they should do the Moon Knight show, basically Batman but lean into the urban legend stuff

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Retro Futurist posted:

That’s how they should do the Moon Knight show, basically Batman but lean into the urban legend stuff

We all know it's going to be yet another bad take on mental illness.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

We all know it's going to be yet another bad take on mental illness.

I hope they lean into everyone thing he's crazy when no, he's got a moon God living inside him and is perfectly sane. The recent run where he's in the mental hospital that's actually being ran by evil Egyptian gods trying to make him think he's crazy would be a good way to go.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/JohnBoyega/status/1205679318791151618

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Honestly, I think they both came up with this plan together. They create a fake controversy and draw out the public to take sides. As people are passionately defending their side, they get nostalgic for their favorite films on that side. Turns out one side has a new movie on Netflix, along with some of the back catalog, the other side just realeased Disney+ so each side is now watching and feeling vindicated at how great their side is.

After this meeting they will combine the fan bases when they announce that Scorsese will direct the R rated Kingpin origin movie.