Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Seriously, that ink is rad as hell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

New pair of work shoes. The last ones lasted me a good six or seven months before I had a blowout.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I haven't gotten a tattoo in ages but I will be married by The Church of Satan next year so a goat piece is in order.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bought some metal and some wood and some powdercoat and put it all together against some brick I recently pointed

One Day Fish Sale
Aug 28, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

Bought some metal and some wood and some powdercoat and put it all together against some brick I recently pointed

Nice, deserves a drink.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bape Culture posted:

Love me some Japanese whiskeys.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Is Suntory Toki any good? It was on sale for 19.99

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
It's good for mixing only

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'd say $20 seems about right. It's not rotgut bad, but it isn't sippin' good either. Japanese whiskies are a weird one for me though. I think they kinda sit in a weird spot between bourbon and scotch, but haven't had one that I'd go out of my way to have again.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 06:05 on Dec 9, 2019

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I bought a bunch of stupid cheap bullshit that I will likely throw in the trash/directly into the sea within 8 months.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Did you buy a car battery? I hear it's a rush to toss those into the ocean.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
-buncha bearings for the gearbox in my milling machine

-broach and bushing so I can broach larger key way slots.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
These things

to go in these things

so I can make even more of these things
https://soundcloud.com/gautier-gillon/fracture

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I bought a mavic mini cause of this thread. great job, assholes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

These things

to go in these things

so I can make even more of these things
https://soundcloud.com/gautier-gillon/fracture

I'm super jealous. I wanna come over and play telephone operator and make angry robot music....

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I bought a mavic mini cause of this thread. great job, assholes.

Don't be shy: post a picture of your bald spot from 120m above.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shut up Meg posted:

Don't be shy: post a picture of your bald spot from 120m above.

It just arrived this morning so I have all the batteries charging right now. Plus, thanks to great genes I have a luscious head of hair even at my advanced age.

Edit: Instead here’s a picture of a helpful card it came with.

Flash Gordon Ramsay has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Dec 9, 2019

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

to go in these things

Tell me about those artworks back there. I dig em. Schneider cup planes? Are those prints available somewhere?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Both awesome and more helpful than many quick-start guides.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

ReidRansom posted:

Tell me about those artworks back there. I dig em. Schneider cup planes? Are those prints available somewhere?

Yes it's exactly that. Small prints with custom frames I made. They were really hard to find; those are from a Japanese artist and I had to order them from swash-design in 2012. You will find them here:
https://www.swash-design2.com/legendsofthesky
I don't have a high res picture to show you but they are extremely high quality with very fine details

fake edit: ooh they now have these super cute kits of animals on custom speedbikes. But that's way out of my league in terms of painting unfortunately

e2: your post reminded me I still have the unframed prints of the Gloster III A, Curtiss R3C-2, Piaggio-Pegna P.c.7, Macchi M.33. It's Porco Rosso that led me to these planes so I should probably at least frame the Curtiss and the Macchi in their own special frame.

And the Piaggio-Pegna too because it just looks sooooo cool. Thanks for reminding me

P.S.: Also check this book if you like Schneider cup planes designs

https://www.amazon.com/SPEEDBIRDS-Laurent-Negroni/dp/288890506X/

there's also a Speedbirds 1.2 (included in the luxury version) imagining what the Schneider cup planes would look like in the 21st century

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 21:52 on Dec 9, 2019

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Yes it's exactly that. Small prints with custom frames I made. They were really hard to find; those are from a Japanese artist and I had to order them from swash-design in 2012. You will find them here:
https://www.swash-design2.com/legendsofthesky
I don't have a high res picture to show you but they are extremely high quality with very fine details

Awesome, thanks!

Just put that book in my cart as well.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

It just arrived this morning so I have all the batteries charging right now. Plus, thanks to great genes I have a luscious head of hair even at my advanced age.

I'd love to get a drone, but I worry I'd used it exactly 2 times and then never touch it again.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shut up Meg posted:

I'd love to get a drone, but I worry I'd used it exactly 2 times and then never touch it again.

That’s my intent. But I went into it knowing that so it won’t seem like a waste of money.

mystes
May 31, 2006

$15 shifters for an old rigid mountain bike that had grip shifters because the rear derailleur cable had gotten frayed and trying to replace the cable in the grip shifters is a nightmare

colas
Feb 14, 2007

But the eyes aren't rectangular/horizontal. That's the evilest part of the goat, the freaky eyes.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

More canvas, and a little 37mL of Indian Yellow oil paint. Not tried this brand yet, but they were out of the Winsor and Newton. Indian Yellow in particular seems to do better transparency than the Cadmium.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not a real purchase, per se, but I'm putting earnest money down on a house today.

A house I never thought I could afford and I don't even need to leave my city!

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Aramek posted:

More canvas, and a little 37mL of Indian Yellow oil paint. Not tried this brand yet, but they were out of the Winsor and Newton. Indian Yellow in particular seems to do better transparency than the Cadmium.

Nice! Gamblin's 1980 is a pretty good oil paint. They dont use as much pigment as the artist-grade stuff, but dont use gum or other artificial extenders so the color is much more clear and vibrant than other brands for the price. Indian yellow is more transparent because of how its formulated, and that's true whether it's acrylic or oil. It's made of a combination of different transparent dyes and minerals, rather than a heavy metal. Has a really fantastic luminosity to it.

I need to break my paints out again.

Anyway, bought a trip for two to London for my wife and I for our first anniversary. Very excited!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My TV never came and now the third party shipper is saying it was never received on their end....guess I'm gonna have a really big credit on my credit card in a couple of days. I'm thinking of just going and buying one at a big box store and be done with it. Better than letting the credit sit on my credit card and slowly be chipped away.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Solice Kirsk posted:

My TV never came and now the third party shipper is saying it was never received on their end....guess I'm gonna have a really big credit on my credit card in a couple of days. I'm thinking of just going and buying one at a big box store and be done with it. Better than letting the credit sit on my credit card and slowly be chipped away.

drat, dude. You sounded so psyched last week.

Hey, maybe it's an opportunity to go bigger.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

tribbledirigible posted:

drat, dude. You sounded so psyched last week.

Hey, maybe it's an opportunity to go bigger.

I measured and with my current set up and furniture it will look comically big on my wall and basically mean I would have to buy a new couch to take advantage of it. And that would mean a new coffee table since I'm not too happy with the one I have...which probably means a new accent rug....which means new runners, and then wouldn't that make my new sconces not really fit anymore. So maybe I should just start looking for a new condo 8 months after having bought this one because I just want a bigger wall and maybe some exposed brick and....

No! Nonononono. 65" will be fine drat it!

......but then I should probably get those Martin Logan Electrostat speakers....

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Got a Nintendo Switch for MY GIRLFRIEND.

Also got BOTW and Super Mario because she said she liked them and realistically I'm gonna want to play them too, plus they're on sale and there's nothing like a game on sale that makes me bring the wallet out.

Charging it now and getting it installed so it's ready to go from the jump.

Also got 1 foot power cables so I can get all the power bricks off my UPS and free up room.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

65” is a good size for a TV in 2019

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Another Civic Si, with everyone’s favorite WTF shifter placement.

Came with a boot full of extras and receipts

And a book since I’m a long time Scrooge McDuck fan

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Solice Kirsk posted:

......but then I should probably get those Martin Logan Electrostat speakers....

I was looking at those as well as some insane looking Bowers and Wilkins floor speakers at a Magnolia, but my wife shot me down with, "You know these don't actually add +5 Room or +3 Fun, right?"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm cannot STAND gamblin oils. Williamsburg, old Holland, or Holbein. Utrecht even in a pinch. Gamblin is unusable.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

tribbledirigible posted:

I was looking at those as well as some insane looking Bowers and Wilkins floor speakers at a Magnolia, but my wife shot me down with, "You know these don't actually add +5 Room or +3 Fun, right?"

Never buy speakers new unless you gotta have the newest thing. Good used electronics is one thing Craigslist is still good for. I got a set of Polk speakers with a Pioneer elite reciever for $400. It's 10 year old stuff but it beats the hell out of anything you can get for that money new.

That's an old pic from when I had just moved into this house. That room looks a lot nicer now.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Never buy speakers new unless you gotta have the newest thing. Good used electronics is one thing Craigslist is still good for. I got a set of Polk speakers with a Pioneer elite reciever for $400. It's 10 year old stuff but it beats the hell out of anything you can get for that money new.

That's an old pic from when I had just moved into this house. That room looks a lot nicer now.

Please remove that column. Do it. I don't care what it costs as I'm not paying.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Duck and Cover posted:

Please remove that column. Do it. I don't care what it costs as I'm not paying.

No amount of money is gonna get rid of that thing brother. It's holding up half of the house. My plan for that thing is to encase it in wood. Still a nuisance but at least it won't be as ugly as it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Just take some pole dancing classes and make it more functional