Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

oh well then the most likely father is some guy who we will never see in lore or in game and it will just be some story that never really gets fleshed out

this is riot we're talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nah, he'll be introduced in a story 6 years from now in which he reveals that actually he had a perfectly legitimate reason to leave Sett, and the two have a heart warming reunion.

Sett's in game VO will not change.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Slaapaav posted:

sett doesnt look bulky enough imho

sett skipped leg day

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hey, we might finally figure out who the hell the Ruined King is now.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Yeah they revealed a couple riot forge games at :pcgaming: The Game Awards :pcgaming: earlier, a bilgewater/shadow isles RPG and an ekko platformer. no gameplay of either but hopefully they're both neat

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Bilgewater game is being done by the Battle Chasers team so I have low expectations for that.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i cant believe the new champ is a resourceless champ with %health damage and a dash. stupid OP power creep mobility creep bullshit

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

not sure if that's sarcasm but he doesn't have a dash, he has an int button on a 100 second cooldown

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Toxic Mental posted:

not sure if that's sarcasm but he doesn't have a dash, he has an int button on a 100 second cooldown

a 100 second cooldown is 500 seconds less than flash. how are you supposed to ever gank this guy

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

rabidsquid posted:

a 100 second cooldown is 500 seconds less than flash. how are you supposed to ever gank this guy

He can only press R on champions, it’s not a dash. So he either suplexes you with him back closer to his tower if you’re behind him for some weird reason and then your top laner gets a free lane for the rest of early game or he suplexes you further away from his tower and just dies

it’s not a mobility skill

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toxic Mental posted:

He can only press R on champions, it’s not a dash. So he either suplexes you with him back closer to his tower if you’re behind him for some weird reason and then your top laner gets a free lane for the rest of early game or he suplexes you further away from his tower and just dies

it’s not a mobility skill

:thejoke:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Sir there are no jokes to be made when it comes to League of Legends

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is there a way to block these dumbfuck ads they put in the Blitz app

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Hellioning posted:

Hey, we might finally figure out who the hell the Ruined King is now.

there is some lore knower who knows lore and told me what it was but i forgot

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The Ruined King is a king with a forgotten name of a forgotten civilization millennia in the past of Runeterra. He invaded the Blessed Isles to revive his dead queen, but when he did she came back as an undead monster. With grief at his failure he cast a spell to kill himself and his wife that instead unleashed the Ruination and tainted the magic waters of the Blessed Isles transforming everyone except Maokai and Yorick (both protected by untainted sources of the magic water) into undead monsters.

Kalista and Hecarim were a part of the ruined King's army, but Hec betrayed Kalista when she refused to attack the islanders. Thresh was an islander who betrayed his people to the invaders because he was a secret rear end in a top hat.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

The Ruined King is a king with a forgotten name of a forgotten civilization millennia in the past of Runeterra. He invaded the Blessed Isles to revive his dead queen, but when he did she came back as an undead monster. With grief at his failure he cast a spell to kill himself and his wife that instead unleashed the Ruination and tainted the magic waters of the Blessed Isles transforming everyone except Maokai and Yorick (both protected by untainted sources of the magic water) into undead monsters.

Kalista and Hecarim were a part of the ruined King's army, but Hec betrayed Kalista when she refused to attack the islanders. Thresh was an islander who betrayed his people to the invaders because he was a secret rear end in a top hat.

what the gently caress are the blessed isles. i am starting to get irl pissed now, and am throwing plates + smashing my tvs with a baseball bat.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

pog boyfriend posted:

what the gently caress are the blessed isles. i am starting to get irl pissed now, and am throwing plates + smashing my tvs with a baseball bat.

It's the former name of the Shadow Isles before they got corrupted by the Black Mist.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Vermain posted:

It's the former name of the Shadow Isles before they got corrupted by the Black Mist.

A bunch of it lives on yoricks back and they go to the park and watch romantic comedies together

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
thats some lore

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

here i was trying to get away from the cold winter with a nice vacation to the blessed isles and then this bullshit happens. gently caress this. i cant wait to move out of the freljord

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
If they wanted me to pay attention to the lore, they shouldn't have named every characters' four skills "Q", "W", "E" and "R" but given them actual names.. idiots

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
if the enemy team picks lee sin, renekton and yasuo then poppy mid is insanely broken.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
my new years resolution: dodge every game where your jungler picks nidalee

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Play Jungle Mordekaiser you cowards

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Slaapaav posted:

my new years resolution: dodge every game where your jungler picks nidalee

:agreed: champ is worthless

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

pog boyfriend posted:

Nobody really remembers exactly what. Apparently there was a religious order there that had access to magical healing waters and what have you but there were limits to what they could do. It turns out that dicking around with death is A Bad Idea.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

In my last game I had a midlaner lock in Yuumi because they were very mad that our jungler chose not to ban anyone, fed two kills immediately, then dipped out

I'd never seen someone rage over a lack of a ban before

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Dodge anyone who picks Aphelios btw, champ is straight dog poo poo

edit: next game in lobby some guy hovers that he wants to play it, I ban it, he goes rammus bot with ghost/cleanse, forced to dodge :)

Toxic Mental fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Dec 15, 2019

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Toxic Mental posted:

edit: next game in lobby some guy hovers that he wants to play it, I ban it, he goes rammus bot with ghost/cleanse, forced to dodge :)

I found the mythical enemy team Aphelios with Senna support. Holy gently caress is a lane miserable when enemy has 2 extreme long range pokers, and said Aphelios knows how to play as well.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I've seen like 10 aphelios players in ranked and I've never seen them do 1. more than 10k damage and 2. Not feed and be like 1/8 at 20 minutes

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toxic Mental posted:

Don't ban hovered picks you dipshit, you literally were "forced" to dodge b/c you were the aggressor

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Aphelios isn't even bad he's like 46-47% which is completely fine for a champ that just came out this week

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
high skillcap broken champions have low winrate

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He has so much to keep track of I just can’t imagine he’s worth learning even if you’re a pro. Just pick Tristana and hypercarry without having to think much.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i like that they make champions for players that like trying to figure out things

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Monathin posted:

Don't ban hovered picks you dipshit, you literally were "forced" to dodge b/c you were the aggressor

he was forced to dodge bc he's a coward and lost a game of chicken. everything else is fair and just

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

He has so much to keep track of I just can’t imagine he’s worth learning even if you’re a pro. Just pick Tristana and hypercarry without having to think much.

this is a weird take. having an advantage over enemies, in any way, is extremely potent, and a great advantage is confusion from being able to alternate weapons with aphelios and subtly alter your playing over time making it hard for an enemy to get a read on the lane dynamic. anyway aphelios is not even that complicated really... i dislike how riot has made a champion complex that new players are not going to be able to ever understand the complexity of without reading, but here we are. to learn how to play aphelios is not hard at all. i challenge anyone to take it up.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s also a weird take to say he’s not complex without having to read a short novel but here we are.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

It’s also a weird take to say he’s not complex without having to read a short novel but here we are.

easy to learn, hard to play against. r>c>p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

He's a marksman who's auto-attack style and Q change every 50 attacks. It's not that complex at a base level, and he'll probably crush people in bronze and silver because no-one will be able to track his weapons.