Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

What's everyone's list of people from this season that you'd like to see come back? Mine is Elaine, Kellee, Jamal, and maybe Jack. Maybe Janet too but she's gonna be over 60 by the time any returnee season happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If Elaine doesn't get to come back as often as Ozzy has, I renounce my devotion to the survivor gods

It's funny because at first I hated Elaine. The editing this season has been strong

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Elaine and Jamal should come back.

Kellee probably should too, but even though she was right to complain, I have a feeling she'd be pretty low on their list to bring back...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I also feel like there's a decent chance Kellee wouldn't want to come back even if she was asked.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If Tommy wins I'm going to assume a lot of press is spoiled on the season. We haven't seen anything interesting from Tommy to warrant it but all the commentators are all over him.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Kellee and Elaine, yeah. Don't know about Jamal; he's a good guy and a great speaker, but I don't think he actually can play a winning game.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say Aaron, actually, if I had to bring back any of the guys. They don't have a lot of good physical dude candidates in recent first-timer crops and I think the Dan incident might actually have shaken him up, so he might play a bit differently next time.

Zesty posted:

If Tommy wins I'm going to assume a lot of press is spoiled on the season. We haven't seen anything interesting from Tommy to warrant it but all the commentators are all over him.

It's people analyzing how the show is edited. Tommy has a Michele-like edit where they keep giving him confessionals when he's not really that involved, he avoids a lot of the negative blowback, and just about everyone left has flaws or goes through spikes where they're barely in the episode.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I was a little iffy on why they were all picking Tommy before but I see it now. Everyone keeps saving his rear end or telling him poo poo they shouldn't or confiding in him and at some point you have to chalk that up to a good social game and getting people to trust you. Like all the way back to Kellee shooting down his proposal to work with the Lairo people that basically led to her eviction. At the time I just chalked it up to Kellee being too clumsy managing him, but now I kind of interpret it as her thinking he was "her guy" the same way everyone else seems to so she could be frank.

I'd be surprised if the winner wasn't Tommy or Lauren. And people always seem to give the guy more credit than the girl and I don't know that Lauren's done anything performative to set herself above him.

If I was allowed to bring 2 people back it would be Kellee and Jamal. I think Kellee got screwed, had a lot of potential, and deserves a second chance and Jamal was a smart guy who learned from his mistakes so I'd like to see if he could do a better job the second go around (and hear what he has to offer the show/cast). Kellee may not want to come back and Survivor may want to bury the Dan thing but she's who I'd want to bring back.

If you told me I couldn't bring back Kellee and Jamal I'd do Elaine and Vince.

Elaine seems like a mortal lock and i'd be happy to see her back. Noura seems like the sort of character Survivor loves. And I guess Karishima has some underdog comeback potential? That's probably a stretch. No one else from this cast is ever sniffing Survivor again. Sorry, Vince.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

In order, who I think they'd bring back. I'm omitting Kellie because I don't think she'd ever do it.

1. Elaine - obvious
2. Noura - extremely good TV and shakes up the game
3. Jamal - shines at Tribals, honestly. Just a good, smart dude
4. Karishma - she's a total eeyore but they'll chase a redemption story with her
5. Missy - they like aggressive players, even if they're too aggressive. I also think she's someone who would be much better with a little more life experience.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In another scenario I could see Missy returning, but she's pretty deeply tied to this Dan poo poo and I think that poo poo's getting burned, buried, and salted. It would look bad to have Missy back without ever giving Kellee a second chance (whether that's her choice or there's).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I hated Karishma, but in the best way possible for this show

Jack was pretty cool and Aaron was okay

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah I left Missy and Aaron off my list because of the Dan stuff.

Aaron I'd probably be ok with since he at least wasn't using it for his game, even if he had a really bad moment in Tribal, and his apology was decent (despite going a little too far into the "the people who know me..." stuff at the end)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Aaron's removed enough from the Dan stuff that he could return, but like... why? I feel like he's a dime a dozen casting. Handsome, fit dude with a huge ego who plays too aggressive and thinks he's running things. Maybe he'd be humbled the second time but he wasn't really that smart from what I remember and there's other guys like him who didn't have to give tearful apologies for their behavior.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I would bring back Molly

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Elaine and Dean would be my picks of people I think would come back. Both have been very entertaining even if a lot of Dean's has been unintentional. Felt Chelsea/Molly went before they should have but it's hard to justify a premerge boot returning unless they really stick out which I don't think either do.

And Tommy has been clearly playing a top tier social game. He's not the most entertaining character but if he does win I think he'd be a very good winner. Basically no advantages, no idols, no immunities (so far) in a season full of that stuff.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think Jason could have a lot of upside as a returnee but he's never coming back.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think Jason could have a lot of upside as a returnee but he's never coming back.

Oh yeah, Jason was one of my early picks for getting late before he got ousted by a blocked vote. Why is he never coming back?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Tommy doesn't really have a character, though. I couldn't peg a single character trait to him, it's only in the past few episodes I even thought of Dean and Tommy as distinct people. Bein' less dumb than Dean doesn't a character make.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tommy's completely non-descript but that probably helps his game and has contributed to why everyone seems to think he's their bud. He's just not a big enough personality to feel like a threat or driving personality.

IcePhoenix posted:

Oh yeah, Jason was one of my early picks for getting late before he got ousted by a blocked vote. Why is he never coming back?

I literally couldn't remember who Jason was and had to look it up to make sure he was a real cast member, and then it took me forever to remember who he was until I finally remembered "I thought we could be friends."

I think he obviously has an appeal on paper in the Devens type but I think the reason you probably don't see a pre-merge boot who didn't really do anything return is because you're already gonna bring back Devens.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Jason was cool. Climbed up massively from his early bad position. I like thinking about "Gone too soon" people, players that looked promising and were taken from us early on before we've seen everything they're capable of. Like, I know Noura, I've seen what she's all about, and it's funny and all but I'd rather give someone else another bite at the apple than give it to someone who already chewed it all the way down to its core.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yeah barring another "second chances" gimmick returnee season, there's just not a lot of reason to give a returnee slot to Jason rather than the 5-10 guys who also fit his archetype. It's kind of like, idk, John Fincher from Samoa never returned.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah, those reasons all make sense. Just the way you said it made me think something happened behind the scenes or was tying into something he said in interviews.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Khanstant posted:

Tommy doesn't really have a character, though. I couldn't peg a single character trait to him, it's only in the past few episodes I even thought of Dean and Tommy as distinct people. Bein' less dumb than Dean doesn't a character make.

Oh I don't think he much of a chance of coming back. Was mostly commenting that I think he's playing an impressive game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
For sure, I can see him winning. I think more often than not, season winners tend to be someone I didn't notice until the final few episodes and also usually couldn't give much of a poo poo about.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Some of you know this already, but there's been a series of games run on the forums based on Survivor and Big Brother (and a few other reality shows) and there's been some crossover recruitment from the TVIV threads for the actual games in the past. And now once again there is an Awful Big Brother!

It's a game for 14 people, will run approximately 6 weeks, and has an actual cash prize at the end. It's scheduled to start in January.

Come read the OP and fill out the signup form at the bottom if you're interested.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The way fan games of BB and Survivor are completely opaque to me. Is this something you can just kind of watch to see how it goes or is it kind of nothing unless you'rte a participant?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wonder how much I could raise with an indiegogo to get goons into an actual physical location together

No Internet allowed

No phones no media

Just us.

Forever.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

precision posted:

I wonder how much I could raise with an indiegogo to get goons into an actual physical location together

No Internet allowed

No phones no media

Just us.

Forever.

:reject:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

sportsgenius86 posted:

In order, who I think they'd bring back. I'm omitting Kellie because I don't think she'd ever do it.

1. Elaine - obvious
2. Noura - extremely good TV and shakes up the game
3. Jamal - shines at Tribals, honestly. Just a good, smart dude
4. Karishma - she's a total eeyore but they'll chase a redemption story with her
5. Missy - they like aggressive players, even if they're too aggressive. I also think she's someone who would be much better with a little more life experience.
In the event there are more season after 40,
Bring back Elaine with Lauren Rimmer et al and do Rednecks V City Slickers.

Karishma's not coming back but her and her husband should do Amazing Race and have some fun together.

The finale is being taped a few hours before airing. So the winner will be known before the show is on, which seems like one more production problem for this trouble plagued season.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Khanstant posted:

The way fan games of BB and Survivor are completely opaque to me. Is this something you can just kind of watch to see how it goes or is it kind of nothing unless you'rte a participant?

You can definitely watch. Most of the gameplay will be on discord and you are free to hit me up for a link to the server as a viewer, just send a PM. The Viewer's Vista is a longstanding part of these games. You'll see the main house chat, confessionals, and the HOH room. The nature of the game is that a lot of strategy chats will be between only the players involved so nobody can see everything, but it's definitely "watchable" and spectators are common.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

precision posted:

No Internet allowed

No phones no media

Just us.

Forever.

:gooncamp:

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Khanstant posted:

you can watch while it happens, though you can't really go back and read them since a lot of poo poo gets left out or removed and you can't go by the thread alone. like the last season of awful survivor's viewer discord server is straight up gone. which is a shame because it was a nice ego boost.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
I know I'm late to the party here but if I had to choose between falling on my face or grabbing someone's leg "accidentally" after I've already been warned about it, I'd fall on my face in a heartbeat and be done with it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Khanstant posted:

Echoing what Asiina and Adus already said but you can totally observe these as they roll out. Players write confessionals so you can see what they're all planning and thinking, totally unedited, while chatting with other watchers. It's harder to go back and figure out what happened in a completed game (or impossible maybe in the situations Adus described). These can be fun and intense and Asiina runs very good ones :)

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

I’m so skeeved by this season, drat. Like, here’s the episode where stupid Dean masterminds getting the most likable person voted out. loving great.

Also btw the sex pest fondled the wrong crew member so he’s out let’s just pretend he was never here ok cool

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
In cool good Survivor news, check out the new promo for the new Australian Survivor. The production values of their poo poo are so much better.

Also, AUS Survivor is the best Survivor. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch all of the seasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY6hYNtDvOo

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

How does one watch Australian survivor while living in the US?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

blue squares posted:

How does one watch Australian survivor while living in the US?

Check your PMs

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
pm me too

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Be warned, Australian Survivor comes out like 8 times a week and every episode is 2 hours long. It's actually really good but I simply couldn't keep up last season, miss a week and it's so hard to catch back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Khanstant posted:

Be warned, Australian Survivor comes out like 8 times a week and every episode is 2 hours long. It's actually really good but I simply couldn't keep up last season, miss a week and it's so hard to catch back up.

Casual spotted