Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious.
Dec 13, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm allowed back onto the site after a brief conversation with the admins, can I be allowed back into the clan please?

Turtlicious. fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

First time I tried to jack, I joined a random squad and none of the doors would open. I tried the old trick of going into spoiler mode but then I was running around as just a head and an amp.

I think I'm going to put a hold on jackin' for a week or two until they figure things out.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Zoig posted:

at the very least it should let you swap avionics, guns, and level instrinsics while in your orbiter, the rest i can kinda agree with justifying but those 3 are really common things people will want to manage, also there needs to be a exit mission option that sends everyone back to their orbiter because frankly people are not going to stick around for more than one mission unless its premade.

you can manage intrinsics in your orbiter via Profile -> Intrinsics

In fact its the only way to manage intrinsics if you dont have a finished railjack it seems.

In my experience people are usually down for sticking for more than one mission. Though partly that might be people are actually talking to eachother as people feel out how to play. I'm sure like eidolons itll be a grindathon of mutes in 6 months.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Unperson_47 posted:

First time I tried to jack, I joined a random squad and none of the doors would open. I tried the old trick of going into spoiler mode but then I was running around as just a head and an amp.

I think I'm going to put a hold on jackin' for a week or two until they figure things out.

Reports from Discord/here make it sound pretty messed up, but super messed up if you're a filthy foreigner. Hope the AI crew gets fast tracked.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey he was alive when I got on the lander.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
The crewship I was in blew up while I was in the process of reviving my cat (using Hysteria). I finished the revive while in Archwing; when I got back to the railjack, well...

Disclaimer: I did this before the first hotfix so it might not be possible anymore.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Got in a random squad of some competent pubs and even though they were still the early missions, railjack finally felt like everything was clicking. So much fun (crippling bugs aside) :buddy:

Seatox
Mar 13, 2012

Avynte posted:

Got in a random squad of some competent pubs and even though they were still the early missions, railjack finally felt like everything was clicking. So much fun (crippling bugs aside) :buddy:

Yeah. It's a hell of a lot more fun than the initial Archwing release was. When the stars align and you get a crew with a few intrinsics points spent along with minimal bugs, it works - spiky difficulty aside. DE needs to hotfix and iterate on it hard and fast, though, or it'll die off as people stop putting up with the jank, despite the fun factor.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I'm not excited about Railjack and that godawful Mashed cartoon was some of the most grating poo poo I've ever seen, but I'm disappointed not one of you picked the objectively best name for kicking extraterrestrial rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTF6bd1NcTA

"People started cheering: COME ON, THUNDERCHILD!"

Axegrinder
Jul 26, 2004
Sometimes sarcasm can help us think more clearly.
My ship is named:

IF ITS OROKIN DONT BOTHER KNOCKIN

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Axegrinder posted:

My ship is named:

IF ITS OROKIN DONT BOTHER KNOCKIN

WE ALL BALLAS NOW :whatup:

pantX0r
Jan 7, 2004
hey, back again!
Do you have to pay to rename your railjack? I'm stuck between:

Corrosive Predilection
Check the Wiki
Cephalon Cy'd and Drew His Nikana

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Trip report: The Zenith is amazing at Railjack. Leave a radar disc in the middle of the ship and you can just snipe boarders as you please. And when you board crew ships you can just shoot the reactor to death from the door if you want.

infinite punchthrough OP

Seatox
Mar 13, 2012

pantX0r posted:

Do you have to pay to rename your railjack? I'm stuck between:

Corrosive Predilection
Check the Wiki
Cephalon Cy'd and Drew His Nikana

No, you don't. You can just rename it in the drydock whenever.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Turtlicious. posted:

I'm allowed back onto the site after a brief conversation with the admins, can I be allowed back into the clan please?

Warframe is for space ninjas not wannabe domestic terrorists

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

FunkyFjord posted:

Another option is doing profit taker with Chroma and a cat that can live through the fight. Ends up being a little faster than index with a half way decent team and you come out with 250k or 500k

Unperson_47 posted:

Just do Profit Taker. You'll get archgun mods that you may not have and you can sell the duplicates for plat and, more importantly, the Bloodshed Sigil.

I would love to if DE hadn't locked it behind max Solaris rep :argh:
I started playing again semi-recently after having not played since before Fortuna released.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I’m just going to say that animal hunting is easy rep. We’re talking maxing out your 20k daily cap in 10 minutes easy.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Going to have little choice but to name my ship the War Rig. Or if I get cheeky the Tatra T815. Wasn't caught up on construction progress so I guess I'll be waiting for another day or two.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Mine is called the 'Howling Platypus'...

Also, best bug ever. I get off the Railjack and fly around with my Itzal ganking Grineer. My buddy tells me the ship is being boarded. I get back and I still have my Arc Wing weapons equipped so I'm punching Grineer with the Knux.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Turtlicious. posted:

I dunno if that guy earlier has any actual authority to make the decision, but if the goon clan doesn't come through for you you're welcome to join mine. The community isn't terribly big or active but we've done like 99% of the clan research and have Railjack prerequisites set up, at least.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
the worst bit so far is the odd bug where sometimes the game acts like your weapons are completely unmodded.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I would love to if DE hadn't locked it behind max Solaris rep :argh:
I started playing again semi-recently after having not played since before Fortuna released.

In that case, I suggest you not worry about building your own Railjack right now. It's going to be buggy for a while and you can still hitch a ride on others' Railjacks.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Man, your name is spot on.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Unperson_47 posted:

In that case, I suggest you not worry about building your own Railjack right now. It's going to be buggy for a while and you can still hitch a ride on others' Railjacks.

this is a good idea because you also accumulate resources that will help you when you do build your own railjack

being a crewmember is a great way to power up

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Okay for some reason any time I load into orb vallis the game catastrophic crashes like 2 minutes in. I've tried killing everything else, and also it doesn't cause trouble on plains for some reason

e: also in dojo :(

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Dec 14, 2019

Seatox
Mar 13, 2012

Unperson_47 posted:

Hitch a ride, and don't forget to spend your Railjack Intrinsics Points with the obscurely located interface hidden behind Escape->Profile->Intrinsics. The first 4 levels of Gunnery and Tactical are probably the most useful ones for someone without a 'jack of their own. Tactical 4 is the "recall to railjack" power, Gunnery 1&2 make the side-guns much more usable, Gunnery 3&4 is for the using Archwing Slingshot that's in the little alcove up near the spinning-generator wheel and big glass fishbowl roof.

Jacking it will get you some of the resources needed to build the thing faster than mining the plains/orb + farming eximus units like we idiot early adopters.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Tactical & Gunnery 4 are also good if you're bad at aiming with the side guns. Here is my five-step recipe for success:
  1. Teleport to slingshot using the L screen
  2. Shoot yourself into one of the little fighters to blow it up
  3. Teleport back to the 'jack with the Omni
  4. Repair anything that needs repairing, replenish revolite stores if necessary
  5. Repeat until the mission's done

Pepper in crewship boarding and resource collecting to taste.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Turtlicious. posted:

Lmao

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

if they're talking about the discord admins you'd have to be pretty bad to get booted

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

no it was a ban from here for trying to organize blowing up a cow? :v

I've no idea how you wriggled out of that one.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Holy poo poo.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I wish I could think of a Warframe-related pun with Event Horizon for my jackcraft.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

warframe: aim for the head, and may the saints jack it

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
In the Void, we don't need eyes?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Unperson_47 posted:

I wish I could think of a Warframe-related pun with Event Horizon for my jackcraft.

I mean Weir hosed would be good, but to keep it within the boundaries of the language filter there's not much for catch phrases that'd fit within the name boundary and also have a Warframe pun. Event Mission Horizon and Libera te me calamitas are the best I can come up with, and the second is more goony than Warframe but anyone who's a fan of the movie will catch it.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Post your favourite bugs!

Mine so far was timing it so I entered a turret the very second we loaded a new mission so all the mods in my weapons were disabled. Not on my frame, that was fine. Holy poo poo though getting boarded and not being able to just delete the enemies straight away suuuucks.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I think it failed to load any mods on my warframes weapons which really sucked!

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Synthbuttrange posted:

I think it failed to load any mods on my warframes weapons which really sucked!

Ah! So that's the bug I got hit with last night. Was leaving a crew ship near the end of earth and suddenly my archgun was dealing 1-2 damage. Being on fighter duty that was...suboptimal.

My favorite bug so far is getting to keep your regular guns in AW mode. Amprex was shredding fighters, but that range was so small you had to be practically riding them.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Spudd posted:

Post your favourite bugs!

Mine so far was timing it so I entered a turret the very second we loaded a new mission so all the mods in my weapons were disabled. Not on my frame, that was fine. Holy poo poo though getting boarded and not being able to just delete the enemies straight away suuuucks.

The ship didn't redraw when I left the turret. Then next mission I got lovely black/grey slabs blocking my view half the time while in the turret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's already patched away but not being able to leave a mission without everyone being onboard ther railjack, combined with the numerous bugs making people unable to return to the railjack, sure was fun for that day!