Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

LeeMajors posted:

I love this and wish I wasn’t a Large Human With An Elephant Child

My tall lanky son and I both commented on how big the car is inside. The seats are heavily bolstered so for wide people maybe they’d be tight, but the car has a ton of room.

I 100% didn’t need to buy this car but the dude has been dropping his price steadily for a while and I’m admitted Honda fanboy (see my other cars). Once I went and looked at it, the car was everything it was advertised and more. The guy was super honest and super into the car. I didn’t haggle him down any more than he had already done to himself.

My kid loves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Imperador do Brasil posted:

My tall lanky son and I both commented on how big the car is inside. The seats are heavily bolstered so for wide people maybe they’d be tight, but the car has a ton of room.

I 100% didn’t need to buy this car but the dude has been dropping his price steadily for a while and I’m admitted Honda fanboy (see my other cars). Once I went and looked at it, the car was everything it was advertised and more. The guy was super honest and super into the car. I didn’t haggle him down any more than he had already done to himself.

My kid loves it.

It’s fantastic. I love little manual hatches but my shoulders end up being too wide—although my first car was an AW11 but I also didn’t have a wife and kiddo then.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Civic Si best fun but cheap to run daily drivers ever

I have an 8th gen Si sedan, it pairs well with the S2000 since they are similar in terms of sound / shifter / clutch / brakes, gearing is a tiny bit different though

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

BlackMK4 posted:

Civic Si best fun but cheap to run daily drivers ever

I have an 8th gen Si sedan, it pairs well with the S2000 since they are similar in terms of sound / shifter / clutch / brakes, gearing is a tiny bit different though

I have a 10th gen Si and an S2000 currently as well. Totally different philosophies as far as power delivery but both have satisfying results. Before the current crop of Si’s I also had a ‘13 with the K24 and my first Si was an ‘89 hatch which was an awesome little car. I sold it for like 6x what I paid for it but if I still had it it’d be worth like 8 grand at this point because they’ve all rusted into the ground.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I always liked that body style and an Si drivetrain probably fits it well. I do remember being behind a new one in 03 at a track day and noticing how much body roll it had, surprising for an Si. I don't remember what the contemporary reviews said about it. Sounds like that irrelevant as they've replaced the suspension anyway.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I vaguely recall people saying the RSX Type S was Superior to that generation SI, but that's about all I remember of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MetaJew posted:

I vaguely recall people saying the RSX Type S was Superior to that generation SI, but that's about all I remember of them.

I seem to recall they had incredibly fragile bumpers.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

MetaJew posted:

The Si is essentially a base RSX, so the Type S has a 40hp advantage right out of the box.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Wet trackdays are fun

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Bape Culture posted:

Wet trackdays are fun

That looks ridiculous.

And by "ridiculous," I mean "perfect."

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Bape Culture posted:

Wet trackdays are fun

:mrgw:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Imperador do Brasil posted:

The Si is essentially a base RSX, so the Type S has a 40hp advantage right out of the box.

That gen Si was largely ignored because many felt the engine was too anemic for what it should have been, the suspension layout was suboptimal, and the shifter placement was just awkward, iirc.

I never really liked them, and I'm dying to get back into a 4th gen. I miss that thing so much. :hfive: 4th gen bros

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Sent this down the road.

Replaced with this.

2018 Honda Odyssey

To make room for this and her incoming sister.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Even with 2 kids, vans are game changers, IMO. EX-L?

If you have 3, pull one of the captains chairs for easy in/out when dealing with younger kid belts. also gives a nice place for people to sit when changing diapers or whatever. Nice ride!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Welcome to the club.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Suburban Dad posted:

Welcome to the club.

It’s like you picked that username just for this post. Epic

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

KakerMix posted:

Yeah I'm cross-posting but I'm pretty excited about this one:

Under 39,000 mile MR2 GT SW20. JDM and revision 3 means 242 hp vs weak baby 200~ hp of the US market.

Just remember to put decent tyres on it. Little bro put GTR wheels on his '90 GT because finding good rubber for the stockies was hard, and the old eco tyres made for a thrilling ride.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I see this a lot but my old AW11 was loving rock solid in any conditions with fairly cheap tires. Other than locking up my brakes once avoiding an accident and getting a little diagonal, I never spun it out once and I drove it pretty hard.

Is it a SW20 thing?

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

I see this a lot but my old AW11 was loving rock solid in any conditions with fairly cheap tires. Other than locking up my brakes once avoiding an accident and getting a little diagonal, I never spun it out once and I drove it pretty hard.

Is it a SW20 thing?

I think it's a much bigger issue with 91-92 MR2s. They changed a few things for the 93+ to make them more stable.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Even with 2 kids, vans are game changers, IMO. EX-L?

Thanks. Yep EXL W/NAV/RES.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Nice.

Semi related there is now a picture of my BiL driving their new odyssey w/ jammies to go to polar express. It is hysterical. I swore off suv/vans for years, but they really do have heir place. I’d rather a nice van than an suv any day now.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

Minnesota Mixup posted:

I think it's a much bigger issue with 91-92 MR2s. They changed a few things for the 93+ to make them more stable.

Yeah I think it's mainly the early turbo's. My brother had been daily driving a 95 "Bathurst" (180HP NA) one for many years before it got rear ended - he replaced it with a '90 Japanese GT and still found himself facing the wrong way at one point. I had to catch it suddenly stepping out myself exiting a wet roundabout at pretty leisurely speed and (that was with the crappy PO 14" tyres though - supposedly much better now).

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Suburban Dad posted:

Welcome to the club.

I'll assume you mean https://www.odyclub.com. Because I definitely have an account now.

But yes. It's a total bus but it's head and shoulders the most comfortable, economical, practical, and reliable vehicle we own now.

I'm currently shopping for a set of winter wheels and tires to put on it.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

meatpimp posted:

That looks ridiculous.

And by "ridiculous," I mean "perfect."

Lol thanks. I can’t wait to get the front all lined back up again!!! 2020 car will be v good

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

ThirstyBuck posted:

I'll assume you mean https://www.odyclub.com. Because I definitely have an account now.

But yes. It's a total bus but it's head and shoulders the most comfortable, economical, practical, and reliable vehicle we own now.

I'm currently shopping for a set of winter wheels and tires to put on it.

Heh. Seems mostly bots from what I can tell. Mine is a 2012 so older stuff is still there somewhat.

The wheels have a pretty unique bolt pattern and offset on mine (5x120 and like 55 offset I think) which not much else uses. Some old Pilots are close but otherwise you won't find much used that will fit. The all seasons on mine are newer and the thing weighs a billion pounds so I haven't had much trouble in the snow as of yet. When they're more worn or I find a killer deal, I'll jump.

heated game moment posted:

It’s like you picked that username just for this post. Epic

I'm blatantly self aware I guess.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 15, 2019

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

High offset 5x120 is the domain of non M BMWs. There should be a lot around.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
There's a minivan in my office parking garage with this sticker:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdo2wNzXfuA

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Yesssssssss.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Had this bad boy a couple of weeks now.

As far as vans go it’s very comfortable and pleasant to drive. Luckily because I’m a tall fucker and can’t fit in the Peugeots and Citroen’s that most of the fleet is made up of, they got a Sport in for the same price as the base spec.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

MetaJew posted:

There's a minivan in my office parking garage with this sticker:

If minivans were still Previa/Dustbuster-cool that'd be one thing.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Is it a cry for help?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Either that, or a cautionary tale.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE

Dagen H posted:

Either that, or a cautionary tale.

For birth control...

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Coming back to my car after Star Wars late Thursday night, saw the wall and thought of goons. Sorry for the poor quality.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Too wide to fit in small town ‘Merica parking spots.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Just gotta put a couple wheels on the sidewalk (that is literally what my town suggests people with large pickups do)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Cross-posting :toot:

tangy yet delightful posted:

I need to get some better pictures. 2016 F-Type S w/manual trans and 17K miles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

:holymoley: